Fan base dubled since cl win

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:03 am

where in canada are ya?
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:46 am

mikopool wrote:where in canada are ya?

Ontario :buttrock
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:52 am

The Canadian Red Army wrote:

Couldn't you PM him and ask him that or is Michael Owen signing for a Canadian Side ?  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:00 am

Dalglish wrote:

Couldn't you PM him and ask him that or is Michael Owen signing for a Canadian Side ?  ???

well right now it doesnt look like micheal owen for as much as i love him, i really dont see him fitting in right now dalglish.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 am

Dalglish wrote:

Couldnt this have been put in a PM as well
While im on the subject , maybe my post should have been PM as  well

To PM or not to PM that is question
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:08 am

I am in Toronto, and as far as I know Micheal Owens contract talks broke down with the Toronto Lynx when they found out they actually had to pay him,
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:20 am

mikopool wrote:I am in Toronto, and as far as I know Micheal Owens contract talks broke down with the Toronto Lynx when they found out they actually had to pay him,

The only time he would play for the toronto Lynx (shut up i didnt name the team, its a Canadian animal) is when he is 40, and would still be better than most of the strikers on the team.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:22 am

laza wrote:
Dalglish wrote:

Couldnt this have been put in a PM as well
While im on the subject , maybe my post should have been PM as  well

To PM or not to PM that is question

do you think Owen should play for the Toronto Lynx Laza??
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:23 am

Probably in about 10 years from now
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:31 am

laza wrote:Probably in about 10 years from now

good man laza, so do you think Paul Staltari is not good enough for Liverpool because he is Canadian ???
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedorDead » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:44 am

Back to the topic that seems to have been so easily misunderstood by many on here.

When you use the term "supporter" you first have to define what a supporter really is. Is it someone who follows that particular teams results ? wears the shirt ? Goes to the games ? Buys an E-Season ticket ? 

Its difficult to truly know someones heart on this matter but heart is what defines the true supporter. Its not so much how he pledges his allegiance on the outside but what happens on the inside that defines him.

Some of the quietest most restrained people I know at games are also the most passionate but these days we define passion and support as what is seen when it's often what is NOT seen that marks the true supporter.

The debate will surely go on and Lyns has expressed her irritation that many who have joined the party recently won't be here when the morning comes but I think that only the individual can answer that question for themselves ......

Walk on ....and On ...and On ........:D

That is one of the best posts I have ever read on here. I have been a visitor here for about a year now and it is the one theme that always crops up, loca fans or out of town fans or glory fans or fans that don't go to games....this post by Dalglish says it all for me.
I am 30 in a couple of weeks but hve supported Liverpool since I was 7. I was not a football fan at that age, my dad is not into his sports. I was at school and given a football wall chart (all the boys got these and the girls got sewing kits or something!!) Anyway I liked it and wanted to fill it in and stuff and so I decided that I needed a team...the only team I had heard of was Liverpool Football Club, honestly, I had never heard of any other team, and coincidentally I had been to Liverpool with my mum and dad for a visit about a week or so before. That is how I came to be a liverpool fan. now they are in my heart always, I have some fantastic memories, amazing highs and gutting lows. I have cried and laughed and cheered. I have never been to Anfield, which is someting I know I have to change but I have watched Liverpool when they have played anywhere near the south coast, seen them play in London a few times.
I love the club, I love what we stand for, I love the players and history. I will cheer as loud as anyone when they score and I will cry with the most "die-hard" fan when it all goes wrong!!
I hate that I feel I have to justify my support, I know I don't to myself....I know myself that I love Liverpool FC..that is a fact.
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:52 am

azriahmad wrote:Nice to see you posting again, peewee...even if you are taking the mick off me.

Big problem, this close season, because apart from transfers there's nothing much to talk about football.

In case you misunderstood or missed something big, the word is PAST as in former or "used to be". So, now that you are up to date, you can polish your shoes yourself by wiping then up the part of your body where the sun don't shine because the miosture would help to give them a "polished" look...:D  :p

You are always good for a light hearted banter! :D

haha, past is true, but we left you in good stead for the future, now if only you could have driving tests and telephone training for receptionists everything would look more rosy.

so how are you anyway mate? we still havent met
112-1077774096

Postby mikopool » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:56 am

The Toronto lynx have as much hope signing Micheal Owen as Liverpool has signing Pele.

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby looprevil » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:53 am

Lynx suck go whitecaps they just beat sunderland.
looprevil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:28 am

actually, thinking about it logically, everton must be the best supported club in the world.

every sports shop i go to, no matter where it is in the world, the everton shirts are always sold out.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion