United fan base

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

United fan base

Yes
59
95%
No
3
5%
 
Total votes : 62

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm

I voted in the affirmative  ..given its a completely irrefutable fact (especially when taking this forum as an example ),that there has been considerably less cards ,there has been no blatant derailing of threads ,and as far as I am aware no sign of any one-upmanship ,no derogatory name calling ,and very few signs of despondency amongst posters and fans alike that was so prominent  in the not so distant past ............... and outside the world of the internet ... Liverpool the city, seems a much more vibrant place because of it ...fans all across the world are celebrating the reintroduction of belief ..... and are allowing themselves to dream once more ......
Thank you Kenny Dalglish
Image
User avatar
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 8241
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:03 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:17 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm really not having this Y is a vowel bullshít

in some words Y CAN be a vowel... according to my grammar book :D
ImageImageImage
User avatar
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 17466
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby andy_g » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm

metalhead wrote:
andy_g wrote:i'm really not having this Y is a vowel bullshít

in some words Y CAN be a vowel... according to my grammar book :D

p!ss off
Image

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
User avatar
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 9598
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 10:39 am

Postby neil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:09 pm

you mean pyss off :D
User avatar
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:24 am

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm

thys thread is bryllyant
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
Image
User avatar
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 25377
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:56 pm
Location: in the mo fo hood y'all

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 pm

andy_g wrote:
metalhead wrote:
andy_g wrote:i'm really not having this Y is a vowel bullshít

in some words Y CAN be a vowel... according to my grammar book :D

p!ss off

:no ...refute it
ImageImageImage
User avatar
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 17466
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:37 pm

errrr hello? Y is NOT a vowel. And you can kiss my ar$e with all your grammatical jibba jabba because Y is not a vowel. end of.

In the English alphabet ...

5 vowels  :  A  E  I  O  U

21 const  :  B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z

Even BSL teaches deaf people 5 vowels and 21 const. all 5 vowels represented by the 5 digits on the left hand

Image
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
User avatar
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 7669
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 9:59 am
Location: Yorkshire

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:41 pm

A united fanbase? Not when it comes to vowels apparently.
:D
Image
User avatar
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 1961
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:40 am
Location: Widnes

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:51 pm

Lee J wrote:errrr hello? Y is NOT a vowel. And you can kiss my ar$e with all your grammatical jibba jabba because Y is not a vowel. end of.

In the English alphabet ...

5 vowels  :  A  E  I  O  U

21 const  :  B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z

Even BSL teaches deaf people 5 vowels and 21 const. all 5 vowels represented by the 5 digits on the left hand

Image

a rule for identifying vowels is to identify the number of syllables in a word. When you say a word and count its syllables, you are also counting its vowels. For instance, the word "oxygen." It has three syllables, "ox-y-gen." It also has three vowels -- short "o", "y" and short "e." It all becomes clear, suddenly, doesn’t it?

The other occasions when "y" acts as a vowel are when it possesses the sound of a long "i" or long "e" in words such as "family," "envy," "rhyme" and "my."
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
Image
User avatar
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 25377
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:56 pm
Location: in the mo fo hood y'all

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:56 pm

dawson99 wrote:
Lee J wrote:errrr hello? Y is NOT a vowel. And you can kiss my ar$e with all your grammatical jibba jabba because Y is not a vowel. end of.

In the English alphabet ...

5 vowels  :  A  E  I  O  U

21 const  :  B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z

Even BSL teaches deaf people 5 vowels and 21 const. all 5 vowels represented by the 5 digits on the left hand

Image

a rule for identifying vowels is to identify the number of syllables in a word. When you say a word and count its syllables, you are also counting its vowels. For instance, the word "oxygen." It has three syllables, "ox-y-gen." It also has three vowels -- short "o", "y" and short "e." It all becomes clear, suddenly, doesn’t it?

The other occasions when "y" acts as a vowel are when it possesses the sound of a long "i" or long "e" in words such as "family," "envy," "rhyme" and "my."

stop being absurd.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
User avatar
Ben Patrick
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:00 pm

Image

:D
Image
User avatar
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member
 
Posts: 11269
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Canada

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
Lee J wrote:errrr hello? Y is NOT a vowel. And you can kiss my ar$e with all your grammatical jibba jabba because Y is not a vowel. end of.

In the English alphabet ...

5 vowels  :  A  E  I  O  U

21 const  :  B C D F G H J K L M N P Q R S T V W X Y Z

Even BSL teaches deaf people 5 vowels and 21 const. all 5 vowels represented by the 5 digits on the left hand

Image

a rule for identifying vowels is to identify the number of syllables in a word. When you say a word and count its syllables, you are also counting its vowels. For instance, the word "oxygen." It has three syllables, "ox-y-gen." It also has three vowels -- short "o", "y" and short "e." It all becomes clear, suddenly, doesn’t it?

The other occasions when "y" acts as a vowel are when it possesses the sound of a long "i" or long "e" in words such as "family," "envy," "rhyme" and "my."

stop being absurd.

He isn't, he is actually correct.

baby y is a vowel in this case

but in Yes... Y is a consonant.


and the grammar book is always correct :talktothehand
ImageImageImage
User avatar
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 17466
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:11 pm

I have read all of the mumbo jumbo about it Metalhead.

But its still absurd  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
User avatar
Ben Patrick
 
Posts: 3933
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:47 pm
Location: Liverpool

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Its the Yanks fault :D
ImageImageImage
User avatar
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<
 
Posts: 17466
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:15 pm
Location: Milan, Italy

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I voted in the affirmative  ..given its a completely irrefutable fact (especially when taking this forum as an example ),that there has been considerably less cards ,there has been no blatant derailing of threads ,and as far as I am aware no sign of any one-upmanship ,no derogatory name calling ,and very few signs of despondency amongst posters and fans alike that was so prominent  in the not so distant past ............... and outside the world of the internet ... Liverpool the city, seems a much more vibrant place because of it ...fans all across the world are celebrating the reintroduction of belief ..... and are allowing themselves to dream once more ......
Thank you Kenny Dalglish

Pis.s off















































































:eyebrow  :D
Benny The Noon
 

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

  • Advertisement
cron
Online Shop Builder Sell online and/or ePOS Till System sell in-store ShopTill-e provides you everything you need... With ShopTill-e you can sell everywhere it's a true Multichannel Retailing system!