Watford V Liverpool - EPL - 20th Dec K.O. 1.30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ethanr » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:20 pm

I legitimately think we would've been better if Sakho was off the pitch and we played with 10. At least our players wouldn't have been tricked into thinking he was ever defending anybody... I hate to be too hard on him considering he's been out injured, was rushed back and is clearly rusty, but wow was he bad. Firmino, Coutinho, Skrtel, Can, Lallana, Lucas, Clyne, Moreno... Just everybody was f*cking terrible.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby sgs » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:22 pm

C-R » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:07 pm wrote:Roberto Firmino's game by numbers vs. Watford:

0 shots
0 chances created
0 take-ons
0 crosses
57% pass accuracy

And he gets 73mins in the game!

I mean how stupid can a manager get?
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:23 pm

complete and utter f*cking disgrace, shamefull, gutless, happy christmas everyone
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:25 pm

This season is a write off I think. 1 point from those last 3 games proves we aren't good enough.

Klopp talks about concentrating on this group of players rather than strengthening the squad. I think he is getting the message that this lot just aren't good enough.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:29 pm

Spineless performance once again!!
We are a team with only a few players with winning mentalites (Hendo, Skrtel, Coutinho) others are mentally weak. It's what happens when you buy kids. Let's buy experience, and build up a team who's not spineless and gutless and actually fight to win games.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:37 pm

We got 2 clowns as keepers - Bogdan and Mignolet,
We got error prone Defenders - Skrtle and Lovren,
We got a mid-table DM - Lucas,
We got a wannabe CM - Can,
We got a total amateur forward - Firmino,
We got Emile Heskey Mark II - Benteke,
We got a mid-table playmaker - Lallana,
We got a one-dimensional young forward - Ibe,
We got a mid-table CM captain - Henderson
We got a 2nd class international striker - Origi,

And we got a fecking long way to go...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:49 pm

There are certain players, some of them high profile or expensive signings, who simply aren't good enough.

Mignolet, Bogdan, Skrtel, Lovren, Allen and Lallana should be nowhere near the club in my opinion. Others like Henderson, Lucas and Milner are ok players but shouldn't be our main men in midfield.

Unless Firmino starts pulling his finger out soon I'll be including him too. Benteke is a poor fit for what Klopp is trying to do and he is looking a worse buy with each passing week.

I think the 2 full backs and Sakho  an be worked with. We need a reliable keeper and a top centre half to come in and supplement them and build from there. If we start keeping clean sheets and stop leaking cheap set piece goals then we have a base to work from. Without doing that there is no point and going out signing more midfielders and attackers because we are pi.sing into the wind.

I would make a play for Lloris this summer and forget about Butland. I think hes the best keeper outside of the elite clubs around europe.  I would get an experienced head like Subotic to play with Sakho. I think this would make a massive difference.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:51 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:29 pm wrote:Spineless performance once again!!
We are a team with only a few players with winning mentalites (Hendo, Skrtel, Coutinho) others are mentally weak. It's what happens when you buy kids. Let's buy experience, and build up a team who's not spineless and gutless and actually fight to win games.

We've been here many, many times before though, when Brendan brought in the likes of Lallana and Lovren we were supposedly buying players that didn't go missing on a rainy night in Stoke, the same when Kenny brought in Charlie Adam and Stuart Downing and Infact you can go right back to the likes of Julian Dicks and Oyvind Leonhardsen, we have been looking for players with character who don't go missing against the lesser lights of the division for over 2 decades.
The whole Alonso/Barry thing revolved around this issue as well.
The truth is that the Liverpool shirt is one of the heaviest in football, there's a hell of a lot of history, expectation, scrutiny and pressure that comes with the shirt and a lot of good players can't cope with it.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:54 pm

We are just too soft. We look excellent when we play the Man Citys, Chelseas, Utds, Arsenal, Spurs etc of this world but as soon as teams which make it physical,  intense and nasty turn up, we just lack the ability to mix it up with those kind of teams. No nasty streak  or anyone who can go out there and give the players a rocket. Gutting
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:58 pm

JC_81 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:49 pm wrote:There are certain players, some of them high profile or expensive signings, who simply aren't good enough.

Mignolet, Bogdan, Skrtel, Lovren, Allen and Lallana should be nowhere near the club in my opinion. Others like Henderson, Lucas and Milner are ok players but shouldn't be our main men in midfield.

Unless Firmino starts pulling his finger out soon I'll be including him too. Benteke is a poor fit for what Klopp is trying to do and he is looking a worse buy with each passing week.

I think the 2 full backs and Sakho  an be worked with. We need a reliable keeper and a top centre half to come in and supplement them and build from there. If we start keeping clean sheets and stop leaking cheap set piece goals then we have a base to work from. Without doing that there is no point and going out signing more midfielders and attackers because we are pi.sing into the wind.

I would make a play for Lloris this summer and forget about Butland. I think hes the best keeper outside of the elite clubs around europe.  I would get an experienced head like Subotic to play with Sakho. I think this would make a massive difference.

Sorry to say, but Lloris would see us as a sideways movement as it stands and if he moves, will be to a team regularly challenging for honours and playing in the CL. I'd take Butland, have been really impressed with him this season and he is a much more realistic target
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 pm

I'd be tempted to go for a keeper in his 30's (a bit like United did when they went for Van Der Sar), they might not be as athletic as younger keepers but they are less likely to let the pressure get to them and to drop clangers.
We don't need a world beater atm we just need someone who doesn't gift the opposition goals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:08 pm

That's what happens when a fool gets a job and 3 years to buy players  :nod It will take time as so many need to go in what was is a poor squad so Klopp needs to start signing players in january.

Adam lallama is a total waste of space, Half a leg out of every challenge before it even comes.
Firmino was completely absent other than the few times he appeared on camera for being offside. He's had more than enough time to settle and show something to justify he was even worth over 10 mil.
Sakho I doubt was 100% fit but he had a stinker. Shambolic stuff at times.

Gutted after watching that  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:04 pm wrote:I'd be tempted to go for a keeper in his 30's (a bit like United did when they went for Van Der Sar), they might not be as athletic as younger keepers but they are less likely to let the pressure get to them and to drop clangers.
We don't need a world beater atm we just need someone who doesn't gift the opposition goals.

Agree.  Just need a steady keeper who does the basics right and there are no worries about him making clangers on a regular basis. I do like Butland and would still take him and also bring in a an older,experienced keeper who can maybe take the pressure of him. Unfortunately, the likes of Lloris are a pipe dream and we need to be realistic. The days of us taking players off the likes of clubs like spurs are well and truely over
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:I'd be tempted to go for a keeper in his 30's (a bit like United did when they went for Van Der Sar), they might not be as athletic as younger keepers but they are less likely to let the pressure get to them and to drop clangers.

We should have bought at the very least competition for mignolet and not take a second choice keeper off a second division club.
I would go for a keeper in their early thirties as I believe thats when they are at their peak. Experience counts a lot for a keeper IMO.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:16 pm

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:08 pm wrote:That's what happens when a fool gets a job and 3 years to buy players  :nod It will take time as so many need to go in what was is a poor squad so Klopp needs to start signing players in january.

Adam lallama is a total waste of space, Half a leg out of every challenge before it even comes.
Firmino was completely absent other than the few times he appeared on camera for being offside. He's had more than enough time to settle and show something to justify he was even worth over 10 mil.
Sakho I doubt was 100% fit but he had a stinker. Shambolic stuff at times.

Gutted after watching that  :down:

Lallana and Firmino are both excellent players on their day but to win the league in this country (or even go close) you need players that will turn up 7 or 8 games out of every 10, those 2 are the type of players that look great for 2 games but then go missing for the next 3.
With players like that you'll have some great results but ultimately you'll finish halfway down the table.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games