chelsea v LIVERPOOL Sun 20th Sept 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Good win. Felt like a pre-season friendly as we never got out of 2nd gear.

Also starting to think that werner might not be as good as the hype...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:32 pm

Thought Thiago looked class without exerting himself.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Werner makes direct runs, is very quick and is a exceptional finisher.. But his build up play and passing is awful. I reckon that was a big reason we didn't gamble for him. The game was over when they went down to 10.. We just controlled the game. There's no need to go out and blow a gasket in a long season. We did enough, kept everyone fresh, and bedded Thiago in all at the same time.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:58 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:34 pm wrote:Werner makes direct runs, is very quick and is a exceptional finisher.. But his build up play and passing is awful. I reckon that was a big reason we didn't gamble for him. The game was over when they went down to 10.. We just controlled the game. There's no need to go out and blow a gasket in a long season. We did enough, kept everyone fresh, and bedded Thiago in all at the same time.

Reminds me a lot of Cisse
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Meh, was hoping we'd humiliate them after the red card but only scored two lol. Oh well, the win is what counts and it was a very important win for sure.

Really liked Fabinho at CB, can see why we're not trying to sign a new one despite selling Lovren and having 2 injury prone CBs. Thiago, apart from the silly challenge for the pen, also showed what he'll bring to the side.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 pm

Thiago broke the PL record of 75 passes in 45 minutes. Not a bad debut.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:43 pm

Great result. If there's one team I love to see us beat even more than beating Manure, it's the Chavs. Absolutely despise everything about that club and (some of) their vile fans.
Would've been even better if we knocked a couple more in but maybe the lads need to focus on a few tough matches coming up. We get through the next 6 or 7 games with the right results and this season could be one like the one just ended.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Thought Bobby was muck today, btw
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:57 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 pm wrote:Thought Bobby was muck today, btw

Bobby has been really off form for awhile now. He's jogging back, not pressing, and looks disinterested. I'd give Minamino a few games to give Bobby a kick up the butt.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:53 pm

Thiago is exactly what we have needed for a while now i.e a CM who can control a game and pick a pass. Talking of passes I love the disguise he puts on some of his, you are expecting a completely different player to receive the ball. His arrival has given everyone a lift, players included.
Thought Fab was outstanding today as well, as was Sadio, in fact most of the lads played well (Alisson, VVD, Mo etc etc).
Terrific performance and terrific result, if we can beat Arsenal next Monday at Anfield we’ll be in a great position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Good win against Fat Frank and The Plastics. Nothing spectacular but I think it was a conscious decision not to go at them full throttle - conservation of energy and all that. We need to take the wind out of Arsenal's sails next, and the Bitters a few games later, just so they don't gain too much confidence. I fear that ancelotti will have the blueshite punching above their weight this season.
Franky000

Postby redshade » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Great win, smashing 3 points. Thiago looks good, very intelligent player. He is going to make a huge difference this season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:06 am

Absolutely delighted with that win  :buttrock  We totally dominated them from start to finish.

Good to see Mane stepping up today with 2 great goals, A fantastic header and did excellent to run the keeper down like that. Mo was looking really sharp again today and less wasteful but MOTM for me was Fabinho. didn't put a foot wrong all day and gave Werner absolutely nothing to brag about.

Think Bobby needs to step it up next week or he should be dropped until he does. Other than the cross for the goal today he was anonymous and its starting to stick out.

Delighted to see Thiago and given that he actually made his debut today shows just how much Klopp wanted him. Thought he played well considering he hasn't had many sessions but found his feet quite quickly in the game. Makes himself available with great angles and plenty of quick decisive passing when releasing it.  He was very unlucky for the penalty which I thought was unbelievably soft. Thankfully Ali had it covered.

I wasn't overly impressed with Werner today either. Any opportunity to hit the ground and he took it but he does have quick feet.

Haven't a clue what the ref was at for the sending off and why he only pulled a yellow when it happened. That was a clear red all day.

Anyway absolutely smashing win and a massive 3 points  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:56 am

Haven't been so happy after a Liverpool game for years! We were superb in all areas and suddenly you see the future. Other managers must've been terrified.

First comment - Fabinho was simply superb. We played 3 men across the back, VVD on the left, Fab in the centre and TAA on the right, a 3-4-3 formation supported by the best keeper in the league. What options that gives us! 

Thiago injected an extra dimension of speed, tempo and excitement into the game to scare the hell out of defenders, especially CB's simply aren't good enough like Harry Maguire. The speed of his distribution, popping up all over the place, first time passing to the next man, sweeping it wide or straight up the middle adds the kind of excitement Gini, Naby etc.. can only dream of. His maturity will allow the front 3 to focus on getting into scoring positions and not having to go win the ball in the first place. We won't get caught on the ball so much so there won't be the same need to back track. Our midfield just found the missing piece and as we said watching the game last night, he might be 29 but if he plays as a 27 year old and we paid for a 29 year old then my god we got a bargain and thats why he got a 4 year contract!

Mane was superb and Mo also put in a good shift. Bobby needs to work out how to evolve his game to take advantage of the opportunities Thiago will bring. Jota will add to the chaos.

Not happy with Naby, he struggles to impose himself but at least he's getting game time. Others like Shaq, Grujic, Ox, Woodburn, Wilson etc.. must be wondering whether it's all over for them.

I think we saw the future last night and we'll see how they do at Arsenal and against the Bitters however by the end of October we'll see a new style of Liverpool.  :buttrock  :buttrock
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:31 am

Great result. Sadio, Fab and Thiago all brilliant. The rest of the players were fantastic. Mentality and attitude tremendous. Sad to see a few sh1t comments about Bobby. Worked his bollux off as usual and provided a fantastic ball for Sadio to score.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext