chelsea v LIVERPOOL Sun 20th Sept 4.30pm KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:57 pm

According to Sky Chelsea are going to be without the likes of Pulisic, Chilwell and Thiago Silva so this could be a good time to play them.
Thiago is free to play for us if Jurgen fancies throwing him in.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:41 pm

More than happy to see some of the Chelsea players (especially Pulisic) unavailable.

Would be very very very surprised to see our manager throw Thiago into this game. Jurgen normally gives a new signing a couple of weeks at least on the training ground before he gives them a go in starting eleven.

Having said that, He could be tempted to "blood" Thiago and Jota against Lincoln in midweek.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:08 pm

It's going to be a tough game even without Pulisic. They will be right up for it and we need to be on our toes. Fabinho has got to start for us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:33 pm

It's a good period to be playing Chelsea away; no crowd, a few of their key players are out injured and their new team isn't really gelled yet. Because of these things, I think we have a good chance of winning this one, which is one of the most important games of the season IMO. Won't be easy though and we still must bring our A game to win. If we repeat the performance from last week against Leeds, we'll drop 3 points here.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:53 am

damjan193 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:33 pm wrote:It's a good period to be playing Chelsea away; no crowd, a few of their key players are out injured and their new team isn't really gelled yet. Because of these things, I think we have a good chance of winning this one, which is one of the most important games of the season IMO. Won't be easy though and we still must bring our A game to win. If we repeat the performance from last week against Leeds, we'll drop 3 points here.

100% agree. As I have said many times imo these first 8 weeks will pretty much define our season, if we are still in touch with the leaders in mid November then we will have a great chance of defending our title, if there is a significant gap though then I think we could struggle, as City found out last year it’s very difficult to play catch up.
As you rightly point out this will still be a difficult game, one in which we will have to bring our A game but because of the factors you listed we won’t get a better chance, in fact I’d add another one, I think their keeper is going through a confidence crisis as well, we need to make sure we get plenty of shots on target because that lad is liable to let anything in atm, even a bobbler.
Because of the signings they’ve made there’s a pretty big feelgood factor surrounding Chelsea atm, this is a great opportunity for us to beat them on their own patch and sow some seeds of doubt. Missing players or not when you’ve spent the type of money they have last thing you want is for one of your rivals to rock up and embarrass you in your own back yard.
A good win here could set up our entire season, especially if our defence play well in the process (give them a confidence boost etc).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:00 am

Another thing, if we do beat them today even if we only draw the return fixture at Anfield that will mean we will have taken 4 points out of possible six from one of our main rivals, from their point of view that will look like a return of 1 point from a possible six. Titles are won and lost on those types of things.
Come on Liverpool let’s go for this today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:02 am

Our next two games will give us all a good idea of were we are mentally, physically and tactically. We cannot afford to make stupid defensive mistakes and rely on idiotic hand ball rulings. Salah looks on fire. The same cannot be said about several of our other players. I just hope that Klopp has their desire levels wound up to the max. Chelsea will not be easy.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:31 am

The lads will be up for this one, given Fat Fwank's comments to our bench last season.  Really hope we bury this lot by 3 or 4 goals.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Henderson, Keita, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs: Adrian, Thiago, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Tsimikas, Origi

Fabhino in Central defence as Matip and Gomez are injured...

COYR!
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:36 pm

Both Gomez and Matip are injured for this one so it looks like Fabinho is gonna be playing CB with Virgil. We also have Thiago on the bench so hopefully we see a little cameo at some stage aswell.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:07 pm

Any links or streams please?
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Try cricfree.pw thommo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:26 pm

I see some people are using this  http://Zoneland90.blogspot.com

I don't use these sites anymore but remember that these kind of links work much better than websites
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:27 pm

https://redditts.soccerstreams.net/home

Streams for anyone who needs them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:22 pm

How the hell was that a yellow? Clear red everyday of the week. Mad the ref needed VAR to spot that as a clear goal scoring opportunity
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games