TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 18th september 1.30pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:38 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Is Carroll fully fit? Is he still young? Give him more time? The team with so many new players need time to gel? In Kenny we trust? That was a nightmare. Never been so embarrassed as a Lvp fan.

How long does carrol need to get fit though? And why didnt we use the preseason games to try and make the team gel when we had this many new players.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Fu.ckin hell that was the worst Ive seen us in years
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

tubby wrote:
only me wrote:
killerp wrote:
roberto green wrote:I will cause a few raised eyebrows but, if Rafa would have had the money in one go like Kenny would he of bought Carrol, Hendo, etc? Loyalty to English players won't pay off,

We could have bought someone like Aguero instead of Carroll..... Sigh...  :sniffle   Mata instead of Henderson.....

People you are all hallucinating...Those players looked for Champions league football..we are a still a year or two from attracting such players...They were never an option.

Maybe in the case of Aguero but im sure there were other continental options we could have gone for. Not that im writing all of our summer signings off, but I think we are lacking some flair. A Luis Garcia type player, someone who can create something out of nothing ect...

I agree we are missing a creative midfielder but guess their was a limit to the amount of new players you could have brought on this transfer window. We had a decent signings in my opinion ,not all performing at the moment but still believe in them. I guess next window we would have 1-2 additional players which would add flair.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

mart wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:Is Carroll fully fit? Is he still young? Give him more time? The team with so many new players need time to gel? In Kenny we trust? That was a nightmare. Never been so embarrassed as a Lvp fan.

How long does carrol need to get fit though? And why didnt we use the preseason games to try and make the team gel when we had this many new players.

Because we are stup!d and amateurish and decided to use preseason to gel all the players that we were planning to get rid of, but of course preseason results apparently don't matter.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby neil » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Reina is starting to worry me, doesnt really make much of an effort with the goals, he just cant get down anymore
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

spurs looked top 4 today.
we looked bottom 4 today.
were getting worse:(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

neil wrote:Reina is starting to worry me, doesnt really make much of an effort with the goals, he just cant get down anymore

He is the absolute least of our worries
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:42 pm

mart wrote:

Still didnt look fit, hardly any mobility at all.

Have said this in the Carroll thread. How long does it take a 22 year old, strapping, 6ft 3" lad to get fit?
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:43 pm

I just don't know what's wrong with us nowadays. We have the King back, we've spent over 100 million on new players and yet we played like we did against W.Ham last season. Had Liverpool been cursed? 4th place finish anyone?
alwayslfc

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:44 pm

Dundalk wrote:Fu.ckin hell that was the worst Ive seen us in years

that's the worst i've ever seen, mate

Kenny needs to show leadership now and tackle this head on.

If he comes out and blames the ref and makes excuses then as far as i'm concered he's not the man to lead us back to glory.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:46 pm

Kenny should play a strong team against Brighton, need to get this out of their minds and start looking forward instead of letting it linger on.
Zidane

Postby redtrader74 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:47 pm

RedSi35 wrote:
mart wrote:

Still didnt look fit, hardly any mobility at all.

Have said this in the Carroll thread. How long does it take a 22 year old, strapping, 6ft 3" lad to get fit?

4 weeks if you look after yourself, a lot longer if you don't.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:49 pm

neil wrote:Reina is starting to worry me, doesnt really make much of an effort with the goals, he just cant get down anymore

reina is one of the few decent players we have and where on earth do you think we could get any one half as good to replace him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 pm

I hate to be the caller of doom and gloom, but it happens.  Ya this is the worst I've seen us in a long time, but a few bad decisions in the lineup caused us a lot of problems.  Modric's goal was amazing, nothing you can do about that type of goal, and it was even unlucky for us because Agger slipped and that gave it to Bale.  They didn't score again until 2 players were sent off.  Adam's was very unlucky as he wasn't even looking at the player, just the ball.  Skrtel's was stupid, but at the same time it was horribly exaggerated by Bale.  We had many fouls against us that were way worse then that and the ref let it play on or didn't give a card.  Simple fact is, ref was booking us for moving from the start and we couldn't get any fluidity going.  Would that have changed much? How bad we were probably not.  But going down 1 and then losing a man inside 25 minutes is a bit of a confidence killer.  Skrtel goes off and we concede 3 more down 2 men away to a spurs team who played the best they've played all season...

We are going to g thru times like this where we play bad.  That's the simple fact of it.  We just happened to play bad away against a good team playing well and get 2 men sent off.. How you can expect anything differ, I don't know.

I'm really upset too, I hate seeing Liverpool play like this, but we have to get used to the fact that we still aren't the best team away, and we're going to have games like this.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby only me » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Zidane wrote:Kenny should play a strong team against Brighton, need to get this out of their minds and start looking forward instead of letting it linger on.

Yep my thoughts exactly ,nothing like a good win to turn things around. We aren't that bad as we looked today as we were not that good as some thought in the Arsenal game.

Hey guess what we are getting our Best player back don't forget that!!
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games