Postby tubby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:22 pm

Dundalk wrote:Anyone heard Kennys interview yet?  :(

No why what did he say?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Saw this on the BBC website, no other quotes though. About right.

"All we can do is try to improve. For us, it's been a bad day"

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:24 pm

mart wrote:
only me wrote:err..Yes (and i did mention it) but again you can't write the fact we played 10 and 9 players off as not being a major factor we were $hiite.

Unfortunately we were :censored: long before they were sent off. We were :censored: because we were too slow in midfield and because our defense were shaky. The red cards didnt help ofcourse but its not the reason we lost.

Yes we were $hiite before after during and all over the place...But if the game was to end 1 to Spurs instead of a 4-0 humilation the posts here were completly different...That's the only point i'm trying to drive..And this was a direct result of playing with 9 players..Nuff said.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:25 pm

I have to say though Modric was absolutely quality today, tore us apart with his passing, can see why Arry put a 40m price tag, what a player, we could definitely use a player like him in the team
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:26 pm

only me wrote:
mart wrote:
only me wrote:err..Yes (and i did mention it) but again you can't write the fact we played 10 and 9 players off as not being a major factor we were $hiite.

Unfortunately we were :censored: long before they were sent off. We were :censored: because we were too slow in midfield and because our defense were shaky. The red cards didnt help ofcourse but its not the reason we lost.

Yes we were $hiite before after during and all over the place...But if the game was to end 1 to Spurs instead of a 4-0 humilation the posts here were completly different...That's the only point i'm trying to drive..And this was a direct result of playing with 9 players..Nuff said.

Sure if we didnt get any red cards it might have been just 2-0 but thats still a loss. It doesnt really matter if its 2-0 or 4-0.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:27 pm

on a side issue...i think it's time to get rid of Agger. He's too injury prone and his limping about holding his side meant we had a huge gap on the left hand side and led to the first goal.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Starting to miss Meireles yet? Adam sucked the whole game he played and then he got sent off. Playing Skrtel on the right where Gareth Bale is was also one of the key facts for our defeat. Coates looks OK but might be a natural hoofer as well.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:30 pm

7_Kewell wrote:on a side issue...i think it's time to get rid of Agger. He's too injury prone and his limping about holding his side meant we had a huge gap on the left hand side and led to the first goal.

Agree!! Said that at the end of last year ,at some point manager needs to decide that a player is just not fit to play at premier league (Agger ,Aurellio) ,either that or our Pysio team is total krap (which i believe they are)
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:39 pm

BTW add salt to insult Sunderland are trashing the mighty stoke  4-0.... :(
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Ok contrary to earlier comments, carling cup games count for bans picked up in the league so Adam should be available for Wolves. Skrtel too,  although I really hope Kenny does not pick him.

-----
After his side’s loss to Stoke last week Dalglish blasted the level of refereeing in the Premier League claiming a number of contentious decisions had gone against his team and he was considering consulting the Reds’ owners about the matter.

But with Charlie Adam and Martin Skrtel both receiving their marching orders at White Hart Lane, Dalglish insisted he didn’t want to take anything away from Tottenham’s performance.

He said: “I think we should just talk about the football, that’s enough for us to talk about. We’ll just stick in the comfort zone that we’re happy in rather than talking about referees.

“It would be totally unfair on Harry [Redknapp] and the performance his team put on today as well so we’ll be respectful to Tottenham. We know that they played really well and we know that we can do a lot better than that.”
Last edited by tubby on Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:15 pm

7_Kewell wrote:on a side issue...i think it's time to get rid of Agger. He's too injury prone and his limping about holding his side meant we had a huge gap on the left hand side and led to the first goal.

I would say Skirtel's failure to pick up Bale was a more worrying feature of that goal....but it didn't surprise me...never play centre halves in a full backs position...
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:20 pm

supersub wrote:

I would say Skirtel's failure to pick up Bale was a more worrying feature of that goal....but it didn't surprise me...never play centre halves in a full backs position...

Skirtel didn't pick up Bale because he moved centre to cover for Agger...who was standing back holding his side and doing f**k all.  It's not the first time he's hurt himself and lost interest in the game.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Whilst downing just stood there pointing at the player
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:32 pm

I just hope Gerrard comes back fit, could really use him at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:44 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Fu.ckin hell that was the worst Ive seen us in years

that's the worst i've ever seen, mate

Kenny needs to show leadership now and tackle this head on.

If he comes out and blames the ref and makes excuses then as far as i'm concered he's not the man to lead us back to glory.

[quote]

Agree with you mate. I am sure this is Kenny's greatest challenge ever as a manager and hope he won't be sacked or resign. He is still the best man to lead Liverpool at the moment and better managers out there wouldn't want to come to Liverpool. The 2 sending offs maybe were a bit harsh but they were justified.

Let us all now see what Kenny is made up of and see whether he can turn the team around. The next home game after Wolves will be against MU and I don't think I'll be watching it, it could be another 4-0 thumping.

Carroll was a waste of money. Hendo and Adam are just plain average players. Our weakest link is the right flank. We don't have a natural right winger and all our RB are injured. Kelly and Johnson are very Agger like, v.injury prone. We need to shop for a prolific scorer who can team up with Suarez in the January window if FSG can still invest and Suarez won't be submitting a transfer request.

Like Arsenal we've become a laughing stock. The nightmare Hodgson era seems to be making a comeback.
alwayslfc

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games