SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 17th october, 3pm.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Number 9 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:46 pm

bavlondon wrote:So who still thinks Spearing is a better player than Lucas?

The goal shouldnt have stood but we didn't do anything to deserve the victory either so can't really complain. Rafa needs to get these players playing before our season really does hit the ground.

They are both shi'te its that simple..So is feckin Babel..making raps about how good and tough he is..absolutely terrible footballer!
In fact hes a better rapper!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:56 pm

bigmick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:There I was thinking Sunderland were in-form and we were without our best 2 players - apparently not...

Let's all leave the stage clear for the gimp-fest which is sure to surface...

Sunderland were "in form". I suppose in many respects we should be happy we only lost 1-0 considering that, feck me it was Sunderland afterall :). A stirling effort from Rafa and the boys methinks just to keep the score respectable.

"Gimp fest"? After that comment? I swear I'm embarrassed for you sometimes Lando.

Lando has a knack of embarrassing himself.  Rather than offer a valid argument, he likes to insult those who disagree with him.
Rockthekop

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:17 am

heimdall wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:There I was thinking Sunderland were in-form and we were without our best 2 players - apparently not...

So for you it's just a case of Sunderland being the better team then, well if you settle for mediocrity then that's fin I guess, but some on here actually have ambitions of winning the premiership some day. At the present rate and on current form we will be lucky to come in 4th this season.

I don't "settle" for anything, but bleating like a 5 year old who's not been picked for the basketball team doesn't solve anything. It doesn't make the moaner feel better and it doesn't make the poor b*stards who have to read the sh*te feel better either.

As I have said a few times previously - some of you would have been shot for cowardice in the wars.

"Oh no, the odds are stacked against us! Mummy!"

"We can't POSSIBLY win the Premiership now because we've lost 4 matches. Oh no!!!!"

"We're rubbish and have no strength in depth because we lost to a fluke goal without 4 of our first-choice players."

Oh f8cking dear. :no

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:12 am

bigmick wrote:

Sunderland were "in form". I suppose in many respects we should be happy we only lost 1-0 considering that, feck me it was Sunderland afterall :). A stirling effort from Rafa and the boys methinks just to keep the score respectable.

"Gimp fest"? After that comment? I swear I'm embarrassed for you sometimes Lando.

Embarrassed for me? What's up - did I steal your thunder?

Never talk to me again, imbecile.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:22 am

Rockthekop wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Lando has a knack of embarrassing himself.  Rather than offer a valid argument, he likes to insult those who disagree with him.

How can anyone disagree with someone who doesn't vent his opinions, you dim-witted turd-sniffer?

If it affects you on a personal level when I make sweeping statements perhaps you should consider addressing the fundamental flaws in your character.

Until then , you annoying alter-ego, f*ck off.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:38 am

What i would like to know is how come rafa loves to field a lone striker? When torres is injured what is wrong with reverting back to the traditional 4-4-2..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:06 am

Madmax wrote:What i would like to know is how come rafa loves to field a lone striker? When torres is injured what is wrong with reverting back to the traditional 4-4-2..

With JM only making the bench I dont think we were strong enough in the middle to play 442.
As it happend he went for an extra CB because we are lacking numbers and quality up front too.
Suppose we could of went Kuyt, Ngog up front with benyoun dropping back into CM. Still be the same out of form players though.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:08 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Embarrassed for me? What's up - did I steal your thunder?

Never talk to me again, imbecile.

:) if you wish to put me on ignore, then go ahead by all means. When you come into the football section however and spout utter drivvle as you do on occasions, I will respond to it sometimes.

I was giving you a wide berth until once again you began your tedious attacks the other day. I won't get involved with silly insults, but I will respond to your nonsense if the mood takes me thanks.

Once again you are in the rather odd position of accusing others of cowardice, and yet are fully prepared to roll over and accept that defeats at places like Sunderland and being out of the title race by October ought to be the summit of all our ambitions. It really is strange.

Anyway I will try and give you the swerve if I possibly can as I know from experience that debate with you is completely pointless, but I can't promise I'll manage it every time. Sorry about that in advance.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:59 am

Holy :censored: it's WWIII on here!  Better get the hell out of this thread.:D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:04 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Holy :censored: it's WWIII on here!  Better get the hell out of this thread.:D

Not on my watch. :no As I've just made clear to Lando, this thread is for football chat and I would appreciate it if that was conducted with civility.  A terrible performance and result is no excuse for going at each other hammer and tongs.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:17 am

Anyways, back to the match, which was simply shambolic.  Forget about balloongate for a moment (farcical as it was) and recognize that for 100 minutes of football we barely worked the keeper and looked devoid of a clue out there.  In the absence of our two best players the rest of the lads dropped a collective bol.lock, with Rafa joining in with a formation that provided no platform for success whatsoever.  On today's evidence, Spearing is nowhere near required standard but the lad can take solace in the fact that he's far from alone on that score: Lucas, Babel, Voronin and Ngog will simply never cut mustard long term for us.  Throw in the fact that Masch, Carra, Skrtel, Aurelio, Riera (who didn't play today), Kuyt and, increasingly, Benayoun and Johnson are playing below the level they're capable of and we've got major problems.

With that said, I've learned never to count out Rafa and the lads and it's entirely possible we get a result against the Mancs next week to silence the critics, which would be lovely because we desperately need a big performance and matching result to stop the rot. :(
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thinkpad » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:05 am

maguskwt wrote:I'm not giving up my hopes until it is really impossible...

Hahahaha..

Taken from despair.com
Stupidity
Quitters never win, Winners never quit,
But those who never win and never quits are idiots
Thinkpad

Postby Fauxy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:18 am

We deserved to loose. The blame is obviously on that cheeky balloon but its also on Rafa.

Playing 3 at the back was a big mistake. Why not just stick with 4-4-2  :(

Ah well lets just hope Torres hasnt lost his form wen he comes back!
Fauxy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:37 am

We were bloody awful yesterday.  In truth we should have lost by more than one goal even though the one that they did score shouldn't have stood.  Darren Bent could easily have had a hat trick on another day, while we didnt look like scoring at all.

The team selection was odd, Carra proved once again that he is seriously on the slide, Lucas was awful once again, Johnson decided to try and get through an entire game without passing to a team mate, Babel couldn't be @rsed and collectively we were simply terrible on the day.

Reina, Kuyt and Benayoun are the only players thst can come out of that game with any sort of dignity.  The rest were pathetic.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:55 am

Not only was the performance poor, it also of course highlighted that our squad without the "big two" is mid table at best.

How long will we have to sit back and watch other clubs getting new owners who are willing/able to invest decent sums in the team?

If we are not careful we could become an also ran in this league, with the unbelievable situation of the likes of City and even Birmingam having better squads than us.

Very worrying times.

We are lightweight and average when we pick up a couple of injuries, and there also seemed to be a complete lack of leadership on the pitch.

A massive week coming up, with anything but two victories rendering our season virtually over.
mkingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games