Everton v's LIVERPOOL  17th October 12:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:09 am

The Bitter Blues currently find themselves lost at the top of the table host the World Champions at Goodison which will as always, be near empty.

Liverpool have Tiago, Mane and Henderson available whereas the injury list remains:
Xherdan Shaqiri - Covid - Expected return date: Within two weeks
Naby Keita - Covid - Expected return date: Within the next week
Alisson Becker - Muscle - Expected return date: Within two months
Joel Matip - Muscle - Expected return date: Couple of weeks
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Muscle - Expected return date: Couple of weeks

The reds will want to settle the ship after last games 7-2 drubbing by Villa so expect a solid performance from a Hendo led midfield.
Andy Robertson however picked up a Scotland suspension meaning he’ll be fit and fighting for the Everton game.
Adrian will remain between the sticks as LFC appear to dismiss talk of bringing in a last minute replacement.

Everton will start with confidence after their great start to the season so our back 4 will have to be on their toes and doubly careful they don't get caught out pressing too high up the park. Rodriguez has brought the team to life and Dominic Calvert-Lewin is on great form and Richarlison remains a threat.

Overall it's going to be a tough game, Everton full of beans and the Reds needing to reboot their ideas. Bobby Firmino had a good game for Brazil against Bolivia playing the traditional No.9 position with two goals, so more of the same please mate.

0-2 to the Reds, Salah and Robertson. 2 assists from Bobby.

Interesting fact, Everton's highest home attendance ever was against Liverpool on 18/9/1948 at a mighty 78,299, whereas Liverpool's is 'only' 61,905 against Wolverhampton Wanderers FA Cup fourth round on 2 February 1952.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:27 am

Absolutely brilliant OP Reg. I didn't realised the Ox would be back so soon or that Naby had Covid. I hope we have tweaked our style of play, Villa exposed the limitations of such a high press by playing diagonal passes through the back line for their strikers to run on too, it was far too easy. Looking forward to it.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:11 am

Everton WILL score. They're on a roll at the moment with their front line knocking 'em in, so couple that with the fact we have a teabag in nets I'd expect them to score at least 3. So it'll be a game of can we out score them?

Heart says 4-3 to Liverpool head says most likely 4-0 to Everton.

Who knows?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:12 pm

leeroy74 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 am wrote:Everton WILL score. They're on a roll at the moment with their front line knocking 'em in, so couple that with the fact we have a teabag in nets I'd expect them to score at least 3. So it'll be a game of can we out score them?

Who knows?

???
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Pickford has been making as many mistakes as Adrian lately so it could be a case of which keeper manages to hold his nerve.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:45 am

Pickford is a total weak link and we should pressure him from the off. You can be sure they will target Adrian.

Twatting these off the top is gonna make for a great start to the weekend  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:11 am

Even though we got humiliated against Villa I still feel we will respond and bring home 3 points.

Yes they have got some decent players but we've got better. Can't wait to see Thaigo in this one and Mane blitzing them.

Everton 1-3 Liverpool
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:00 am

I see that Thiago, Mane and Matip were back in training on Monday which is a boost.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:05 am

kazza » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:12 pm wrote:
leeroy74 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:11 am wrote:Everton WILL score. They're on a roll at the moment with their front line knocking 'em in, so couple that with the fact we have a teabag in nets I'd expect them to score at least 3. So it'll be a game of can we out score them?

Who knows?

???

Which bit caused the raised eyebrow? The true bit about them being top and on a roll, the true bit about us having a teabag in nets or my own opinion on the score prediction?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Probably the “ head says most likely 4-0 to Everton.”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:11 pm

kazza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:28 pm wrote:Probably the “ head says most likely 4-0 to Everton.”

4-0 might actually be a conservative estimate if we play as badly as we did against Villa, our tactic of defending with a high line was in absolute tatters last time out, Adrian may have got the ball rolling with his god awful pass but Villa carving us open time after time with well timed runs from MF was not down to him, we need to go into this game with a lot of humility and a willingness to accept that if we are not right at it right from the first minute we could well kop for another hiding.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Well I doubt very much we will lose 4-0  :help

We had a bad game but we have not become a bad team. Everton have not played a decent team yet and I am sure we will come out all guns blazing after Asian Villa and I would not want to be Everton. I don’t think it will be a blowout but I do think we will win comfortably. I guess we will see on Saturday  :)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:19 am

kazza » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:44 pm wrote:Well I doubt very much we will lose 4-0  :help

We had a bad game but we have not become a bad team. Everton have not played a decent team yet and I am sure we will come out all guns blazing after Asian Villa and I would not want to be Everton. I don’t think it will be a blowout but I do think we will win comfortably. I guess we will see on Saturday  :)

Everton played Tottenham off the park (at Tottenham), FWIW I actually fancy us to win myself because I think there will be a backlash to the Villa result but as I say I’m not taking anything for granted, Villa may have been an extreme example and everything did go right for them on the night but teams have ncreasingly been getting more and more joy out of our high line, Leeds scored 3 but there were other times where they broke and we found ourselves short of numbers at the back, if Leeds had someone in their team who could play a final ball we would have been in serious trouble in that game too.
This high line needs looking at.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:28 pm

I'm sure the lads will be on point and so will Klopp. It is going to be an interesting battle tomorrow and for me key is the first goal. We get ahead it will open them up and potentially we can push for more.

Against Villa we were after a miraculous reverse and pushed too high instead of keeping it cautious and respectable.

I'm confident we will pull a result tomorrow with Mane and Thiago crucially back. My only concern is Adrian, a mistake from him could screw things bigtime.

I feel we should be more cautious for the mean time and keep things steady, until Alli is back.

For me the Villa game was a freak, a blip.

Anyone remember back in 90s when United got tonked 5-0 by Newcastle and then 6-3 but Southampton.
I remember pundits and all were thinking the wheels have come off.
United went on to win that season.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Everton should win easily based on Villa's performance and if our best CF Firmino starts!, Klopp needs to stop his negative defensive tactics, two defeats in the first five games, then you can kiss the top four goodbyes!!!!!
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games