Everton v's LIVERPOOL  17th October 12:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm

Everton and their fans had their biggest achievement in recent years yesterday, they took out our best player for the rest of the season, who might not ever come back the same from such an injury, they went unpunished for it and even got a point from the game in the worst possible manner. For a bitter, that's as good as it gets.

In fact, there are only a few rival fans or even rival teams that aren't overjoyed about how things turned out. And yes, my first thought was the same as most, our most important defender and overall player out for the season, only Matip and Gomez left in defence and both are injury prone and obviously no where near van Dijk in terms of quality, we might as well call in quits right now and kiss this season goodbye. But that's what they're hoping for, all of them want us to quit and see us fail. Well I say f*ck em, we're still the best football club in England and maybe even Europe. We won't roll over and give up, because that's not how we do it. We're the club most capable of winning when the odds are against us, and we'll keep doing that, especially after such injustice has been done upon us. So keep your chins up lads, this is far from over!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:09 pm

damjan193 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:57 pm wrote:Everton and their fans had their biggest achievement in recent years yesterday, they took out our best player for the rest of the season, who might not ever come back the same from such an injury, they went unpunished for it and even got a point from the game in the worst possible manner. For a bitter, that's as good as it gets.

In fact, there are only a few rival fans or even rival teams that aren't overjoyed about how things turned out. And yes, my first thought was the same as most, our most important defender and overall player out for the season, only Matip and Gomez left in defence and both are injury prone and obviously no where near van Dijk in terms of quality, we might as well call in quits right now and kiss this season goodbye. But that's what they're hoping for, all of them want us to quit and see us fail. Well I say f*ck em, we're still the best football club in England and maybe even Europe. We won't roll over and give up, because that's not how we do it. We're the club most capable of winning when the odds are against us, and we'll keep doing that, especially after such injustice has been done upon us. So keep your chins up lads, this is far from over!

Great post fella. It's going to make it all the better when we are top of the table when big Virge returns in the spring  :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:38 am

Absolutely livid, but still trying to remain positive that the rest of the squad can step up to cover for his absence...I’ve never seen a player sign for a club and dramatically change its fortunes to the extent he did, so obviously it’s a huge loss. don’t forget though that we have Fabinho as cover for the CB position, so maybe he can compensate to an extent.
Franky000

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:20 am

VAR official David Coote has history of mistakes – and Klopp had already criticised him

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/10/v ... cised-him/

I want to see sanctions against Coote, he's clearly not competent.

And of course it confirms that Pickford shouldn't be playing in the EPL, he's Division 3 standard. What a total fcukwit.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:33 am

Reg » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:20 am wrote:VAR official David Coote has history of mistakes – and Klopp had already criticised him

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/10/v ... cised-him/

I want to see sanctions against Coote, he's clearly not competent.

And of course it confirms that Pickford shouldn't be playing in the EPL, he's Division 3 standard. What a total fcukwit.

Every mistake he “stood down” for A WEEKEND. Unbelievable  :veryangry

Tell me that is not a weak link ripe for corruption, and I don’t mean the individual, I mean that system. For an inexperienced “ref” in a room somewhere, to control an outcome of a match and with the only punishment being “standing down” for a weekend, insane! As for the individual, I think it is much more likely as you said that he is taking money from Asian betting syndicates than he has a vendetta against us or even that he is poor at his job. Even an inexperienced ref knows offside and it is not as if he bottled it, he actually reversed the decision and that takes balls and he must know there would have been an uproar. He probably loses 2-5 grand standing down but gains 50-100k in a brown envelope.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:15 am

Kazaa - Sorry mate I totally disagree with virtually everything that you are alluding to with regards to corruption. Bad case of sour grapes mate. Last season City supporters constantly whinged that VAR was corrupt and somewhat idiotically came up with the name LiVARpool !! Almost every week VAR gets criticised for being incompetent and this weekend was no exception. To suggest that VAR is corrupt is somewhat churlish given that none of us have any real evidence to support the accusations. And let’s face it we don’t see all of the pictures. I’ve never heard a Liverpool supporter moan when unexpected decisions have gone in our favour. VAR is flawed but I don’t believe it is corrupt.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:48 am

A day time robbery to stop LFC from winning the three points all because of a f*cking useless referee and his team, VDD will be a massive loss, I think he will be out for a long time and I wish him well and a speedy recovery. We need a CH urgently.

As for the game itself, half of our team performance has surprised at the back of Villa's result and should have won the game easily, their Keeper should have been sent off on the spot without VAR!, mind you there were two doggy keepers on the pitch our is no better!, we gave two stupid and soft goals with out VDD!
Our best players were Thiago, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, Robbo, Jota, we could have won the game easily.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:05 am

The whole system of VAR needs looking into........I believe ex professional footballers should be the VAR judges and the ref on the pitch need to grow ***** and be forced to check because the final decision should always be the man in the middle and not somebody watching a tv screen and manipulating f*cking lines for 5 minutes to suit his subconcious bias ...Saturday was a complete disgrace....almost every week we have numerous pathetic VAR decisions that are making a mockery of the game....And with regards to corruption...I think Coote has been found out as a cheat .....clear and obvious "no var needed " but nothing will be done......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am

devaney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am wrote:Kazaa - Sorry mate I totally disagree with virtually everything that you are alluding to with regards to corruption. Bad case of sour grapes mate. Last season City supporters constantly whinged that VAR was corrupt and somewhat idiotically came up with the name LiVARpool !! Almost every week VAR gets criticised for being incompetent and this weekend was no exception. To suggest that VAR is corrupt is somewhat churlish given that none of us have any real evidence to support the accusations. And let’s face it we don’t see all of the pictures. I’ve never heard a Liverpool supporter moan when unexpected decisions have gone in our favour. VAR is flawed but I don’t believe it is corrupt.

Fair enough, maybe an over reaction but surely you will admit that having one individual, hidden away, who does not make that much (relatively) to be in control of the outcome of matches with no real accountability, is ripe for being misused? If there is corruption then that is where it can hide easily.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:59 am

We played some really good stuff and got done over by some terrible work by the officials. In the days before VAR you'd be ***** off but get over it but the officials have no excuse anymore so need to be answerable to public and held accountable. VAR is broadly fine but the rules of the game in certain areas and the quality of the officials in this country need looking at.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:41 pm

kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:54 am wrote:
devaney » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am wrote:Kazaa - Sorry mate I totally disagree with virtually everything that you are alluding to with regards to corruption. Bad case of sour grapes mate. Last season City supporters constantly whinged that VAR was corrupt and somewhat idiotically came up with the name LiVARpool !! Almost every week VAR gets criticised for being incompetent and this weekend was no exception. To suggest that VAR is corrupt is somewhat churlish given that none of us have any real evidence to support the accusations. And let’s face it we don’t see all of the pictures. I’ve never heard a Liverpool supporter moan when unexpected decisions have gone in our favour. VAR is flawed but I don’t believe it is corrupt.

Fair enough, maybe an over reaction but surely you will admit that having one individual, hidden away, who does not make that much (relatively) to be in control of the outcome of matches with no real accountability, is ripe for being misused? If there is corruption then that is where it can hide easily.

Absolutely I will admit that there is potential for corruption but I simply don’t believe that it is happening. Obviously I could be wrong, however until there is clear evidence to the contrary I will give the VAR officials the benefit of the doubt. Whenever decisions go against a team fans will quickly start throwing around accusations of corruption. It has gone on for years.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:59 pm

So let me get this right.. David Coote who was the official using VAR didn't see the Pickford challenge because he was 100% fully focused on the offside decision and that's why no action was taken.

Right I'll try to look past that absolue horse *****.. Since then the Premier league have "investigated" the incident and still took zero action?

So under what terms can they come up with that wasn't a dangerous tackle?

And let me guess.. They're still analysing the offside decision but can't come up with a solution as to why it wasn't given?

Honestly this weekend has put me completely off football it's become one massive joke.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Pickford avoids punishment because VAR did see it and deemed the challenge not worthy of a red  :help

Dermott Gallagher on ref watch justifying poor refereeing  :glare:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:35 pm

kazza wrote:Pickford avoids punishment because VAR did see it and deemed the challenge not worthy of a red  :help
:

:laugh:
As if they are going to hang one of their own out to dry so the response is that it wasn't worthy of a red  :laugh:

This is what I hate  :angry: ,  that was a red card any day of the week and instead of admitting they made more mistakes they just throw more mud into the water.

This is a system already adapted to sports this years and it speaks volumes about the credibility of the league . Rugby has a totally transparent system that should have been brought in to football but no. We get this shyte that's littered with errors and secrecy. Those two decisions the other day were completely wrong .

The premier league is as corrupt as fook. They are flogging these matches at 15 decking quid a pop and there is no money to be made from that if a team is running away with it. Keeping things tight means more clubs are involved and more fans mad to fork out for it. Who is going to pay to watch their team if the league is over by christmas.
Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want but these are business men only interested in money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:11 pm

Shame on all those that pay BT the £14.95 for saturdays game......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games