Everton v's LIVERPOOL  17th October 12:30pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:40 am

kazza » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:17 am wrote:It seems like VAR has just helped the authorities control the results of matches, the opposite of what was supposed to happen.

You mean influenced by the betting syndicates in Asia who had their money on a score draw last night?   :oops:  :oops:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:39 am

Just been watching that Sunday morning paper review on Sky Sports, as one journo said the most frustrating thing about VAR is that VAR officials seem to disappear down a rabbit hole when it comes to the trivial (like one of the hairs on that players arm was off) whilst missing major incidents like the tackle on Van Dijk.
He equated it to a car park attendant giving out tickets because cars were parked an inch outside the white lines whilst a fella is smashing car windows with a crow bar and breaking into them right next to him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:11 am

Liverpool seek PGMOL explanation over VAR calls in Merseyside derby - sources

https://www.espn.com.sg/football/liverp ... by-sources
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:29 pm

We should be awarded the 3 points for yesterday because what happened is just blatant cheating. To be still trying to iron out VAR is a joke and they shouldn't be allowed to make excuses for mistakes at this stage because they have had more than enough time to correct them and clarify the rules which they did. Then this happens.

It's just cheating and corruption which they can have no excuse for.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 pm

They won't overturn shyte, Bitters could come back and say they still had time to potentially get an equaliser. Given how if our goal was allowed it changes the variables of the game.

If they really do consider the mistake they have made then only outcome I can see is a re-match.

I can't see any outcome but what I want to know is how they made that decision. The numpty in the box needs a good smack on his head or shame him GOT style.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:08 pm

This is worse than losing to villa by that scoreline losing vvd for months is a nightmare scenario and unless we bring in a world class centre half in Jan our season is over
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:22 pm

The Football Association can take retrospective action on incidents which were missed by the referee - and that also extends to the video assistant referee.

That could mean that Everton keeper Pickford could yet get a three game ban if the FA look again after receiving referee Michael Oliver’s report.

It is understood that the VAR - which was being done by David Coote - did look at the incident as a possible penalty but because the video technology ruled it was offside they did not take further action.

The VAR can only advise on red cards rather than yellows and the double jeopardy rule means it cannot be a penalty and a sending off if the player makes a genuine attempt to play the ball.

There is an acceptance that the VAR should have urged Oliver to go and look at the incident on the screen as the referee is believed to have not been able to see the challenge through a crowd of players.

But somewhere between the sets of rules and laws, the VAR and Oliver may not have fully studied the possible sending off in isolation and, even though it would be a first since video technology was brought in, the FA could now punish retrospectively if both Oliver and Coote admit they missed it.

The FA will now wait on Oliver’s report before making a decision but they could have that option which comes after Liverpool complained to the Premier League and asked for an explanation on the van Dijk incident and also Jordan Henderson seeing an injury time winner ruled out.

Premier League chiefs did discuss in February about introducing a “tolerance level” which in the most fine of margins would allow goals to stand as with Henderson.

But FIFA took over the running of VAR this season and are strict on no tolerance being allowed with the Premier League insistent that they are using the best technology available to them.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:41 pm

Confirmed, VVD has an ACL injury and will undergo surgery. Total disaster, lucky if we see him again this season.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:46 pm

Fookin sick as hell Pickford wants knocking out grade 3 tear couldn't get any worse vvd might never be same player again
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:25 pm

Gutted, but we've a very strong team so I think we'll still win the league. Can we still sign players from the lower divisions?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:32 pm

There is massive jealously towards us from every single club in the league. Rival fans celebrating that Virgil is injured and praising Pickford is quite frankly sickening. There's a vendetta against us and that game yesterday proved that it's not only rival clubs/fans but officials aswell that are screwing us over. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that Mina's foot was playing Mane onside, but we have to accept a incompetent fools decision even if its wrong.. Not only that, the same idiot cost us games against United and Burnley last year.

But Im sure everyone will just say we're just playing the "victim" and for us just to roll over.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:33 pm

Still win league without the most important player in the team you are joking ?
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:34 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:32 pm wrote:There is massive jealously towards us from every single club in the league. Rival fans celebrating that Virgil is injured and praising Pickford is quite frankly sickening. There's a vendetta against us and that game yesterday proved that it's not only rival clubs/fans but officials aswell that are screwing us over. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that Mina's foot was playing Mane onside, but we have to accept a incompetent fools decision even if its wrong.. Not only that, the same idiot cost us games against United and Burnley last year.

But Im sure everyone will just say we're just playing the "victim" and for us just to roll over.

Absolutely spot on bud
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:53 pm

This just gets worse and worse  :down: Our best defender gone for a season because of a horrific tackle that went unpunished.  :down:

Don't think anything is going to happen with dickford either so I will have to take consolation in knowing that shytty smirk will be wiped clean off his mug when they bin the reckless fooker in the next transfer window.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:33 pm wrote:Still win league without the most important player in the team you are joking ?

Fella, have you seen our manager? He's a world class genius. 

I'm f**king livid about VVD's injury. But we are not a one man team. And with Allison back between the sticks I think we'll get through this.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games