SUNDERLAND VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 17th october, 3pm.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Tim LFC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:01 am

I still believe we have enough quality to win it. Kuyt,Benayoun,Babel and Reira on there day are never easy to play against.
Tim LFC

Postby andy_g » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:13 am

thats exactly the key point - "on their day". we have to hope that all those players; benayoun, babel, riera, kuyt, skrtel, are "on their day". we know all too well that all of these can be frustratingly inconsistent and "on their other day" can have downright stinkers.

if they all play well then we'll win.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:31 am

Could it be that.....benitez is saving Torres and Gerrard for the champions league game against lyon   ???   :D

Anyway....i think the most important player we have to have in our starting lineup is Mascherano. He was immense for the Argies against  Uruguay. Their best player in that match. He controlled the whole midfield. I think mascherano is finally on form now. We should play him even if he isn't really 100% match fit.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:50 am

bigmick wrote:How about this team for instance:

Reina (cost 6 million, obviously worth significantly more now).
Dossena (cost 7 million)
Agger (cost 5 million worth more now)
Skrtel (cost 7 million)
Johnson (cost 18 million)
Riera (cost 8 million worth more now)
Lucas (cost 8 million)
Masherano (cost 18 million)
Benayoun (cost 5 million worth more now)
Babel (cost 11 million)
Kuyt (cost 10 million)

Now the side above is capable - but when you factor in these little issues concerning form/travel/injuries/lack of matches - it is going to need an heroic effort for all things to go our way today....who knows, there could be a case for saying 'in adversity and all that' (certainly has happened before....) Btw where's Carra?

But in short everyone of our lads has to be at near top whack to be able to come away from SoL with a result this afternoon. Fingers crossed....but like i said, im not confident given the way this stuttering start to the season has panned out thus far. I always HOPE and wish them well, but add in the CL game midweek and the next weekends drama. And things could be going pear-shaped very quickly by the end of the month for Liverpool.

Then again......

In any case YNWA and best of luck to our boys
:buttrock

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby lakes10 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am

The_Rock wrote:Could it be that.....benitez is saving Torres and Gerrard for the champions league game against lyon   ???   :D

dont even get me started on that.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am

So is this game only on stream? Cos it's not on Sky.
Tim LFC

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:01 am

red37 wrote:Btw where's Carra?

Of course you could have Carra in, (and we will) but then you'd be into a situation where you are discussing his theoretical value as opposed to what we paid for him, because we didn't pay anything for him obviously. In this sense it dilutes the point.

The point quite simply is that even though we are missing Gerrard, Torres and indeed Aquilani if you wish, we still have the facility to field a football team which cost in excess of 100 million pounds stirling and which has been five years in the building. Johnson is the only player amongst those listed that has arrived recently, and even he came from within the Premiership and is an established International so can hardly be described a rookie.

The players we have at the club other than Torres or Gerrard quite simply ought to be able to beat the likes of Sunderland in a must win situation. If they can't, then it is legitimate to ask whether or not some or most of them are good enough, and it is also legitimate to ask whether or not we have bought the right players over the years. This is a Sunderland team which stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season, but have bought Darren Bent, Lee Cattermole and Michael Turner for a combined outlay of 22 million pounds. They've just acquired the services of our ex-Champions League final player Bolo Zenden, who while adding experience oughtn't to posess too much to have made our players and staff lose much sleep last night.

We really ought to be able to win, and I think we will.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:13 am

The_Rock wrote:Could it be that.....benitez is saving Torres and Gerrard for the champions league game against lyon   ???   :D

I must confess this thought did cross my mind too, particularly with the apparent confidence that both players would be fit for the match oin Tuesday. Clearly from a financial point of view it's vital that we get out of the Champions League group, so the idea has some validity.

There are two reasons though why I think on reflection our two star players are NOT being saved for the Champions League. Firstly there is the bloke on RAWK who said before it was announced that Torres was missing this match that he was actually going to miss the next three or four. There are a couple of guys there who fairly obviously have connections, they name the team the day before and stuff so I've a hunch Torres's injury is a little more serious than the official line. The second reason is that even if we lost against Lyon, I still think we'd qualify anyway so the gamble of fielding a weaker team against Sunderland wouldn't be worth it IMHO.

So it crossed my mind, but I crossed it out.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:41 am

no gerrard or torres, and sunderland look in good form.

am i worried?? NO!!!!

cos im 25 today and dammit liverpool ARE going to win today.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:53 am

I ain't gonna be here so...

COME ON YOU REDS!!! give these mackem b@stards a good tw@tting, get the three points and onwards to the scum! :angry: :angry: :angry:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby TheLad » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am

kunilson wrote:no gerrard or torres, and sunderland look in good form.

am i worried?? NO!!!!

Of course. Easy win today. 2-0 (Benayoun, Kuyt)
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:09 pm

kunilson wrote:no gerrard or torres, and sunderland look in good form.

am i worried?? NO!!!!

Happy bday fella  :)

Im a lil worried about today but i feel we have enough talent to deal with sunderland.. Our attack is not bad and im sure we will create chances. Its our defense that we need to sort out!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:32 pm

Anyone found the starting 11 ?
centarec

Postby Effes » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm

The Reds XI in full is: Reina, Johnson, Aurelio, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas, Spearing, Benayoun, Babel, Kuyt. Subs: Cavalieri, Voronin, Riera, Mascherano, Insua, Ngog, Kelly.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sarge » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm

chelsea down 2-1!..:p
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games