READING VS LIVERPOOL - R3 5:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Snake » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Had a lot of chances that we didn't convert but a replay means its not over yet.
Anyone know when the replay will be?
Snake

Postby Masch79 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:34 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:What's happened to Insua he was totally inept?

Some people have very short memories, on Tuesday night people on here were lauding Insua as our mom - the lad is only 20 so will suffer from inconsistency, especially when the team in general is playing poorly / inconsistently. I was praying for Rafa to take Insua off before he got a second yellow and couldn't believe it when he did a straight swap with Benny / Aurelio, thought he would have dropped Aurelio back an taken Insua off.

To me the game was typical of how we have been lately, ok in patches and flashes of quality but also poor at times. I was pleased that we started 4-4-2 with Gerrard in the middle giving us potentially more attacking threat and WIDTH. Against Villa we controlled the midfield for long spells and restricted them to 3 chances - 2 from corners and 1 hoof on the counter (in fairness Villa would get the same chances against scum or Chelski cos these are their strengths). Our problem v Villa was that we couldn't create although again, lots of teams have this problem against Villa (Arsenal took a moment of brilliance for their opener). To create against Villa we seemed to be crying out for width against which was why I was glad we started 4-4-2 today (but against Villa 4-4-2 we may well have got done over).

I don't know what's goin on wi SG, whether reports of him needin an op are right or what but he definitely doesn't look right, touch and everythin were out tonight. If Capello is true to his word then on current form & fitness then it is not impossible that Gerrard will be edged out of a startin place for England imo.

Lakes quoted the BBC report that said how poor Reading are doing in the league & how this is the "last chance saloon" for us to get some silverware this season. It sounds like an excuse but I hope tonight was a classic case of a team with nothin to lose at home v's a team with everything to lose on a not great surface. . . .time will tell.

Let's hope v spurs we play more like against Villa than tonight. Must say that I was glad to see on my fantasy team Aaron Lennon is injured!   :upside:
Masch79

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:58 pm

Masch79 wrote:
Johnny Boy wrote:What's happened to Insua he was totally inept?

Some people have very short memories, on Tuesday night people on here were lauding Insua as our mom - the lad is only 20 so will suffer from inconsistency, especially when the team in general is playing poorly / inconsistently. I was praying for Rafa to take Insua off before he got a second yellow and couldn't believe it when he did a straight swap with Benny / Aurelio, thought he would have dropped Aurelio back an taken Insua off.

To me the game was typical of how we have been lately, ok in patches and flashes of quality but also poor at times. I was pleased that we started 4-4-2 with Gerrard in the middle giving us potentially more attacking threat and WIDTH. Against Villa we controlled the midfield for long spells and restricted them to 3 chances - 2 from corners and 1 hoof on the counter (in fairness Villa would get the same chances against scum or Chelski cos these are their strengths). Our problem v Villa was that we couldn't create although again, lots of teams have this problem against Villa (Arsenal took a moment of brilliance for their opener). To create against Villa we seemed to be crying out for width against which was why I was glad we started 4-4-2 today (but against Villa 4-4-2 we may well have got done over).

I don't know what's goin on wi SG, whether reports of him needin an op are right or what but he definitely doesn't look right, touch and everythin were out tonight. If Capello is true to his word then on current form & fitness then it is not impossible that Gerrard will be edged out of a startin place for England imo.

Lakes quoted the BBC report that said how poor Reading are doing in the league & how this is the "last chance saloon" for us to get some silverware this season. It sounds like an excuse but I hope tonight was a classic case of a team with nothin to lose at home v's a team with everything to lose on a not great surface. . . .time will tell.

Let's hope v spurs we play more like against Villa than tonight. Must say that I was glad to see on my fantasy team Aaron Lennon is injured!   :upside:

Good post that mate.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:07 pm

Cheers Effes, prob would not have been as balanced if i'd posted straight after game!  :angry:
Masch79

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 pm

fivecups wrote:Truly awful performance today. Really, amazingly poor.

I feel sorry for Nan, Scott and anyone else who put the effort in.

Was still a good day out plus it's the first Liverpool goal i've witnessed this season! And that's about as good as it got although we had several mates tell us we'd been on the box a number of times as we were sitting three rows from the front. Had a mate tell me to shut me gob when i'm eating my pie!
Last edited by Scottbot on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Scottbot wrote:

Was still a good day out plus it's the first Liverpool goal i've witnessed this season! And that's about as good as it got although we had several mates tell us we'd been on the box several times as we were sitting three rows from the front. Had a mate tell me to shut me gob when i'm eating my pie!

Scott I was gonna ask you that mate...the camera was right on you,wearing a green jumper(i think) and deffo a red hat!
You were stuffing your face with something too lad!! :laugh:
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:37 pm

I don't need to bang on about it being a poor performance coz that was bloody obvious, the main reasons we struggled i think were:

- No threat out-wide. I was surprised to see us start 4-4-2 but it was like Rafa was being bold on the one hand (by changing his tried and tested) and playing two up but then counter-acted it completely by playing Kuyt and Aurelio on the flanks. It makes us VERY easy to defend against because opposing full-backs simply have to stand off a couple of yards and they know the ball will be funneled inside or back to the fullbacks. Rafa didn't change it up until the 80th minute which had me pulling my hair out. How many times did we see the fullbacks left with little option but to pump the ball into the channels today? No one was showing for the ball, not the centre-middies, not the frontmen so the only option wasa feet and back to the winger or the long ball.

- Torres and Ngog didn't link well together. They played miles apart and I can barely recall any interplay between them.

- The team as a whole (and this goes for pretty much the whole season) played with no tempo whatsoever, we're too static, we pass the ball too slowly, too many safe passes, no-one wants to take a player on and we're very predictable at the moment. It's easy to say we needed a player to put their foot on the ball and take control of the game but the truth is we need several. 

Must admit i fancied us to step it up 2nd half but it didn't happen. The only positive i can see is we are still in the competition oh and I saw Aquailani make (or try) a tackle!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:38 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

Was still a good day out plus it's the first Liverpool goal i've witnessed this season! And that's about as good as it got although we had several mates tell us we'd been on the box several times as we were sitting three rows from the front. Had a mate tell me to shut me gob when i'm eating my pie!

Scott I was gonna ask you that mate...the camera was right on you,wearing a green jumper(i think) and deffo a red hat!
You were stuffing your face with something too lad!! :laugh:

Yes mate that was me! Green top and a tw...at hat (that's wot me mate called it!). The chicked balti pies were pretty spesh! :D
Last edited by Scottbot on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Young Darby did well tonight and that has to be the one positive to come out of the game.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tophatman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:46 pm

I think that  Rafa is hanging on by  his fingernails,he has lost the dressing room for sure and no matter what crazy tactics he comes up with the team have had enough.But will he walk,will he Bollox....he would lose about £15m.
Don't know when its going to give, but it won't be very pretty.
We will all have too suffer a little more i feel, a stalemate is on the cards.shocking season!!!
Tophatman

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:50 pm

Edit - wrong thread.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:59 pm

Im fecking freezing just got in , an ill tell you something i wont be going anywere near Readings ground again, waited about 45 minutes in a que for a bus back to the station, absolutly horredos, cant feel me toes, just having a cuppa hot choc to warm me up, Biggest suprise i got today was i forgot my sons mate played for Reading, young Cem in there midfield he had a good game an all, well done lad ill see your mam tomorrow,

Right as far as the match went ive got the hump with them :censored: players im tellin you the no good overpaid shower of sh.ithouses, They just cant be botherd , who do you think you are strolling around the pitch not ar,sed im getting fed up with it, its time some off them had a spell in the reserves let them play at Prenton park on miserable nights with a few hundred fans watching them, they dont deserve the loyalty that were giving them at the mo, We were absolutly dire, yes i know its the FA cup and anything can happen and usualy lower teams up there game, but Reading players turned up for the game we never , Get a fecking grip of yourselves, your cheating the fans lads an its not on,

Best laugh of the whole game was an arl fella from Liverpool he was rotton shouting the whole match fell asleep a few times and woke up quick to shout get into them yeh shi.thouses :laugh:

Scott did you see that fella get kicked out by all them stewards in the Reading stand, Them Reading fans are dead cheeky an all,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:11 am

NANNY RED wrote:Im fecking freezing just got in , an ill tell you something i wont be going anywere near Readings ground again, waited about 45 minutes in a que for a bus back to the station, absolutly horredos, cant feel me toes, just having a cuppa hot choc to warm me up, Biggest suprise i got today was i forgot my sons mate played for Reading, young Cem in there midfield he had a good game an all, well done lad ill see your mam tomorrow,

Right as far as the match went ive got the hump with them :censored: players im tellin you the no good overpaid shower of sh.ithouses, They just cant be botherd , who do you think you are strolling around the pitch not ar,sed im getting fed up with it, its time some off them had a spell in the reserves let them play at Prenton park on miserable nights with a few hundred fans watching them, they dont deserve the loyalty that were giving them at the mo, We were absolutly dire, yes i know its the FA cup and anything can happen and usualy lower teams up there game, but Reading players turned up for the game we never , Get a fecking grip of yourselves, your cheating the fans lads an its not on,

Best laugh of the whole game was an arl fella from Liverpool he was rotton shouting the whole match fell asleep a few times and woke up quick to shout get into them yeh shi.thouses :laugh:

Scott did you see that fella get kicked out by all them stewards in the Reading stand, Them Reading fans are dead cheeky an all,

Agreed mate our players never turned up and were fuc'king lazy almost arrogant!!
You deserve your money back!!

Oh and Scott was on the telly!! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:29 am

:laugh: was he  , most prob best thing yous seen all the match, :laugh: I had 2  fellas an there  mrs behind me , on the phone to there mates in the Reading stand at the side of ours :censored: waving to each other when they scored, Then there was a big kick off in there stand with the stewards lobbing some liverpool fan out  they started saying get him out an arrest him, whoppers , I turned round an had a go at him, i was p.issed off anyway an he got on me nerves,

OH Maxi has been laft out of the Athletic Squad tonight  :;): :censored: hope its got something to do with us , Absolute shameful today shameful
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:30 am

I'm lost for words, poor performance and just frustrating. :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games