READING VS LIVERPOOL - R3 5:15

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Crazy to think these players are getting paid 100,000 a week yet they dont put the effort in to beat readng.

Awful from pretty much every player on that pitch except for maybe Lucas and Darby who actually did try. Skrtel is a liability that we should get rid of soon.
Fauxy

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:What a bag of Sh'ite

Unf'uckingbelievable, other than that I'm lost for f'ucking words.

What he said.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Avi Cohen » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 pm

zardd wrote:
Tim LFC wrote:Why did Rafa leave the subs so late?

because he's a clueless manager that doesn't know how to change the team around when his team is being over run by opposition

I'd go further than that.

I'd say he doesn't want to change the team around when his team is being over run by the opposition.

Rafa has one style and he can tell you that he has won La Liga, The Champions League, Uefa Cup, FA Cup, etc playing his style. So his style obviously works - it has results. But when his team is losing, it must the players underperforming, not doing EXACTLY what he wants them to do. If they were doing that, we'd win. Simple as.

One way to play football, one way to score: release Torres in the final third and use his pace to outrun the defenders.

But someone needs to tell Rafa that football isn't an exact science.

A footballer's instinct when he gets on the ball is get the ball forward, to help his team score. But Rafa is so meticulous, so methodical in his approach, players are told what they have to do when they have the ball in any area of the pitch. To. A. T.

What that does is make the player second guess himself - it only takes a second and a second is enough. "I want to release Gerrard but Rafa would want me to pass to Lucas and... oh, I've lost it"

Bottom line is... Rafa doesn't trust his players to play football. He wants 11 Rafa robots out there that he can control by remote.

I'd say he's brilliant at Pro Ev.
AND HERE COMES AVI COHEN!! OH I SAY - AT THE SAME END HE'S GOT ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Avi Cohen

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

What do the player care they are getting paid enourmous sums whilst the fans to spend money to watch them play like dogs shyte are the ones losing out. Bunch of overpaid t*ssers!!!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Shambolic. Half way through the second half I was past caring whether we won or lost.

What's happened to Insua he was totally inept?

Kuyt's first touch is pathetic, absolutely pathetic - that moment at the end when he broke away only to lose the ball, just about sums him up.

Aurelio's 'sweet left foot'? dear me.

Aquaman - he ain't our saviour, not yet anyway.

Felt a little sorry for Torres , he worked hard with little service.

Reading are just off RELEGATION ZONE in the Championship and they played ALL the football today.

Bunch of overpaid no-marks, they don't care about the fans - I hope for the replay the ground is half empty. Why should I pay to go and watch that krap!!!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm

Johnny Boy wrote:Aurelio's 'sweet left foot'? dear me.

It was up his ar$ thats where it was
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:56 pm

The only positives from tonight that we are still in it.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Effes » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:04 pm

We've been poor for a long time.

When it's the odd match, blaming the players rather than the manager is fine.

But when it is the majority of the time, the manger gets the blame without doubt.

Forget talking about sacking him - I'm talking just about criticising him which is totally justified IMO.

The old argument of "Oh right then, what would you have done differently?" is bollox aswell -
I'm talking about man-management, motivation and all the interpersonal skills that I don't think
Rafa possesses.

We'll probably win the replay - but if we get someone like Sunderland away in the next
round - do you really think we will get through based on our current form?

[Yea, we won away at Villa, but it Im talking about form over a substantial number of games]

The manager needs to start thinking outside his box, otherwise it could be our worst
season since when Souness was in charge.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:10 pm

eonerf wrote:The fact that Lucas was one of our better players just sums up :censored: this performance was. Credit to Reading, they gave us a game but we made it easy for them to have a go at us.

I think the fact that one of theirs was MoTM says everything, really, when you have supposed first team international calibre of players playing for us. The fact that Lucas (yet again) was our stand out player shows just how bad the rest are performing, and don't get me started on Gerrard. The fella is out of excuses for a player of such a high standard. He should be setting the tone, getting his foot on the ball, and dictating things in the middle. He hasn't been doing that, and he was completely anonymous. Our midfield just didn't function because of it, and were resorted to hoofing the ball. It's almost like a game of Hot Potato for our players. No one wants that ball. Feel really sorry for Torres. He's just not getting the quality he deserves.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Woeful football, particularly second half.

I really don't follow why Pacheco was left out? Rafa plays him against Fiorentina and Wolves, but leaves him out against a team who are 20th in the Championship?  He's our best prospect by a mile and yet today we saw Babel on the bench instead - and he could be gone in a couple of weeks!
LFC2007

Postby Fauxy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:24 pm

Simple thing is that Rafa can no longer motivate his players to win against this kind of oposition.
Fauxy

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Fauxy wrote:Simple thing is that Rafa can no longer motivate his players to win against this kind of oposition.

I don't buy that at all. If the players can't motivate THEMSELVES to win this sort of game, then they seriously need to look hard at themselves. Are you telling me Steven Gerrard has to get motivation from his manager to go out and perform in this sort of game? Bollox. Gerrard is an experience world class professional. He needs to start playing like one, and so do the rest.

The thing we lacked today was a player that could get his foot on the ball and dictate the play, pick a pass, and calm down situations. Today we lacked such a player, and what happened was the ball was being given away due to hasty passing. Our mid was constantly being put under pressure, and the ball was being shifted out wide, where it was either passed back to the full-backs, or back to the keeper, where they were put under more pressure resulting in a game of hoof the ball. I hate to say it, but we needed a player like Xabi Alonso today to calm it down. Aquilani came on, and straight away the game changed for us. He is the sort of player to want to get his foot on the ball and pick a pass, but by then it was too late and he couldn't settle into the pattern of a very disjointed performance all round from the rest of his team mates. Rafa should have had the fella on from the start, and I agree with LFC2007's sentiments regarding Pacheco. For the life of me, why Benitez doesn't have this kind of prospect even on the bench, is something worthy of critisism. Rafa, and the players - sort it f*cking out!
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:06 pm

how long can this continue? the situation is beyond a joke now. The poverty of our football is quite simply a disgrace. Struggling against a team who are in a relegation battle in the championship! after each depressing result i think to myself it wont get any worse and we will turn it around soon, but no where right back to square one again.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:08 pm

Yeah it's all rafas fault
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:13 pm

Truly awful performance today. Really, amazingly poor.

I feel sorry for Nan, Scott and anyone else who put the effort in.

Everyone involved with the team at the minute needs a good slap. They need to go and find their feckin' balls because that was gutless today. A bunch of primadonnas who looked surprised everytime Reading won a 50-50 challenge. 'But we're the Premiership elite, surely we just deserve to go through'. Pathetic. The only positive was Darby had a good game at RB. A decent Championship side would have put us out. Reading should have.

Re. Gerrard, he must be still injured or else he's thinking too much and his heads in a very, very dark place. It's unbelievable how poor he is relative to his normal standard. If he is injured I think I'd prefer him just to get the op when Masc is back so he can return to something like his usual because our midfield today was comfortably beaten by Championship relegation fodder.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games