Liverpool vs reading - Fac3 replay 13/01/10

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 pm

if the players dont want to play for him its time for him to go, simple
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Greavesie wrote:if the players dont want to play for him its time for him to go, simple

If Gerrard won't play for the fans in front of the Kop it's time for him to go as well.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Lee J wrote:yeah it just seemed really last minute. Gerrard isn't the type to bail out cos he had a twinge, he generally plays through some pain for 20 mins or so then if it isn't better maybe he would signal to come off, but to walk into the dressing room at half time and just not emerge out again, with Babel looking like a dazzled rabbit when he's told to get his trackie off smells to me like theres been a ding dong in the dressing room and he's said 'up yours' to the gaffa. Maybe Rafa has gone in and said you all need to pull your fingers out and turned to Gerrard and said 'yeah you may of made the goal, fair enough, but you played rubbish' . Gerrard might just of reacted with a 'well see how you manage without me then' and not bothered playing.

I tell ya, summat has gone on in that dressing room.

This was my first thought when SG didnt show, and the way babel looked...just didnt seem right
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:54 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
Lee J wrote:yeah it just seemed really last minute. Gerrard isn't the type to bail out cos he had a twinge, he generally plays through some pain for 20 mins or so then if it isn't better maybe he would signal to come off, but to walk into the dressing room at half time and just not emerge out again, with Babel looking like a dazzled rabbit when he's told to get his trackie off smells to me like theres been a ding dong in the dressing room and he's said 'up yours' to the gaffa. Maybe Rafa has gone in and said you all need to pull your fingers out and turned to Gerrard and said 'yeah you may of made the goal, fair enough, but you played rubbish' . Gerrard might just of reacted with a 'well see how you manage without me then' and not bothered playing.

I tell ya, summat has gone on in that dressing room.

This was my first thought when SG didnt show, and the way babel looked...just didnt seem right

Has anyone got footage of the moment Babel was asked to get ready to come onto the field? if so, please post as I missed it. I'd be interested to see his reaction.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Daymoclark » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

i dont often get to watch a full match due to my own football committments, and thank god.... last night was awful.

seriously.... we are struggling!!!

when go forward....instead of making a through ball we play backwards or square on, giving the opposing team time to get back and get their shape. yeh i understand people may play deep against us due to torres pace, but even when we are wide, instead of putting the ball in the box, we try and beat ANOTHER man and get tackled, just put the ball in the box, most goals are scored in the box.
and then if the option to deliver isnt on, our midfield play narrow, which is easy to defend against and results in us losing possession or doing stupid little flicks.

and, im not suprised torres looks :censored: off, he is isolated upfront on his own, which also means he is our only outlet. why cant kuyt play up there with him, he is a forward afterall and came from holland with a great reputation. it cant be coincidence that kuyt and babbel came here with people raving about them and now look at them, kuyt is playing out of position and doing an 'OK' job and its only his hard work which makes up for it, and babbel looks lost. rafa is doing something wrong and this needs to be addressed.

also ngog and lucas are poor, very poor!!!! teams who win the premier league tend to have 3 good strikers, and a decent back up for every position, who do we have?

sorry but unfortunately if things dont change very soon, rafa has to go no matter what the cost is.
Last edited by Daymoclark on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daymoclark

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
Ciggy wrote:
Lee J wrote:
Judge wrote:Fu*king Sh'ite

not even that good judge.

Taking Torres off as a precaution was a good move but the Gerrard sub??  don't be suprised if that wasn't a dressing room disagreement for something Rafa said, I reckon Gerrard refused to play the 2nd half cos of what Rafa said in there.

just a thought.

Must admit thought the same myself.

i did think it was a bit funny and have to say i thought the same thing, just the way babel didn't know he was coming on and was rushing to get ready

the tv went to a veiw of him when we were still 1-0 and he looked less than happy, put it down to him thinking the game was sh*t and that he may be injurd again but the more you think about it the more it rings true and plays on your mind

just don't like to think gerrard would turn around and say i'm not going to play for you rafa!! so if they did have a set too then i think it would have been rafa taking him off

things do seem to be frosty at the moment and i'm not talking about the snowy weather

Idle speculation...not a fact in sight.

Let somebody come up with a trustworthy source before cack like this is posted....

One of the main reasons why I couldn't be f*cked most of the time reading some of the threads after results like last night is the tripe people come out with like this.

FACT: Gerrard has been carrying an injury for the majority of the season. If he doesn't show at half time, which is a very, very rare occasion, then something is wrong and he obviously can't continue. And as the fact transpired earlier, he was injured. Best not to talk balls before know the FACTS, no?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:02 pm

I have to hold my hands up here folks....

Last night, in the heat of passion (for the game, not for the missus !) I "accused" Torres of not being er.sed when he walked unaided off the pitch. Now it turns out I was wrong. Ditto for Gerrard. I also said Benny was cack (which, in fact, he WAS).
If it turns out there were legit reasons why the lads were SOOOOOO bad, I retract my comments.

Amen.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Festy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:18 am

Ciggy wrote:
Lee J wrote:
Judge wrote:Fu*king Sh'ite

not even that good judge.

Taking Torres off as a precaution was a good move but the Gerrard sub??  don't be suprised if that wasn't a dressing room disagreement for something Rafa said, I reckon Gerrard refused to play the 2nd half cos of what Rafa said in there.

just a thought.

Must admit thought the same myself.

You and Nanny are the last ones to admit.   :glare:
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Festy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:26 am

anti-hero wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
anti-hero wrote:i think this game can prove that ANYONE, significant or not, can beat this current liverpool fc squad.

Lets make the Newkit XI, I'll take right wing, Insua seems easy to beat :D

well i'd say we're significant enough.  :D

right. its settled then. i'll man mark aquilani.

well, not necessarily man mark. i'll just look at him funny,  :angry: 

it'll do the job.  :D

GK for me.  :D

Hopefully noone will be able to penetrate our defense so I'll be able to have gossip with the fans behind the goal post :D
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games