YNWA

Keep the faith
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 am

Scottbot wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:
s@int wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:IS there any blame for the players then ?

Carra - shocking beyond belief
Insua - shocking
Yossi - Shocking
Lucas - ditto
Babel - ditto

Loosing both gerrard and torres to injury as well .

WHO BOUGHT THEM ?

Who picked them ?

Who trained them?

Who picked the formation ?

Who who who let the fecking dogs out ?

Im sorry saint but they have to take responsibilty as well not just the manager . Man for Man they are better than the reading team and Rafa played his strongest team bar pepe - had to make to forced changes - was constantly updating the formation and moving players around on the pitch to try and get them into the game more .

The players have to hold their hands up as well to that defeat - they were shocking - once that line is crossed and the whistle goes its down them to take responsibility for the game .

Yossi gave away a stupid pen and also missed an easy chance to level it up - where is the slagging off him

Carra was shocking all night - at fault for second goal and nearly gifted them two more where is his justified critisim .

Or is it easier just to lump it all on the manager

The Manager takes responsibility mate. That's the way it is, that's the way it's always been and more importantly, that's the way it should be. We've played well and got the result on how many occasions this season? Two? Three maybe? and that's it. It has to come back to the manager. It's not a bad run, it's not a skid, it's not a case of us not getting the rub of the green. We have been awful since the moment pre-season started. It's got to the point where I don't think anyone is even surprised with tonight's result. I keep thinking we're gonna come out the other end, we'll win a couple ugly, find a little bit of confidence and kick on from there, or that we'll absolutely tonk someone but it hasn't happened and it doesn't look like happening.

And as for our new £20 million midfielder, he looks alright on the ball but I'm absolutely mortified to see that he doesn't want (or seem able) to tackle. See McAnuff run and shot for absolute proof of this or re-watch the other 119 minutes if you're not quite sure.

We're fu....c....k....ed  :(

Spot on Scott.  We're a shambles and this season is tailspinning out of control on all fronts.  Getting to fourth looks like a monumental ask at this stage.  We're deep in it and that doesn't look like changing.  F.uck.  :(
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:06 am

It just seems the players aren't fighting to play under rafa, and look like they have no desire or confidence.  So given our budget, we can redo the whole squad, or get a new manager.  One of the two options will be cheaper than the other, and this almost identical squad has proved it can compete against the best in the world.

Also, money shouldnt even be brought into the equation when teams like Reading and Birmingham are the opponents beating us.  They have almost none, but they dont bitch about it.  They shutup and play football, and work for the result.  Something our team isn't doing.
SupitsJonF

Postby red_guy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 am

Awful...... i blame the manager and the players. :angry: :angry: :angry:
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:32 am

I think I'll take a break from Liverpool for the moment & go support Leeds United & hopefully by the time they come back to the PL Liverpool will be worth watching again!

Although that might be 5-10 years from now  :down:
killerp

Postby loke » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 am

This is Rafa's fault pure and simple, the players haven't changed, they haven't become :censored: overnight, what they lack is confidence and belief and that has to come from the manager and coaches, all of whom are spanish and good chums with Rafa.
loke

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 am

loke wrote:This is Rafa's fault pure and simple, the players haven't changed, they haven't become :censored: overnight, what they lack is confidence and belief and that has to come from the manager and coaches, all of whom are spanish and good chums with Rafa.

What's being Spanish got anything to do with it? No harm, but you sound like them :censored: in the press.

Besides, we're out. Yeah. But seriously, is anyone in the slightest surprised? I'm as :censored: off as anyone else, but it was coming. Don't be shocked if we exit the Europa as well.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 am

I have faith in Rafa's abilities, I have faith in our team, but it is clear that something needs to change, and many people are calling for Rafa's head.

These are the reasons for not firing him:

- With our current owners and the lack of money, we won't be able to attract the sort of manager we need.
- It'll cost ridiculous amounts of money to fire him.
- Rafa has reorganised the club and academy, has his people and plans now in place and working, to change manager now, means all that work has been wasted.

Unfortunately, I think the club needs a breath of fresh air.  Despite what it will cost, and the fact we'll not replace him with anyone any good, I think it is time for Rafa to go.  It is hard to see this squad playing worse for someone else...
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:39 am

i cant even think of excuses for this game.

i just hope there will be the time when we all look back on this thread and think of how knee jerk our reactions were, and how silly we all sounded.

but i honestly can say that i dont think that time will be very near in the future.

how did it all go wrong?

i think this game can prove that ANYONE, significant or not, can beat this current liverpool fc squad.
Last edited by anti-hero on Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 am

anti-hero wrote:i cant even think of excuses for this game.

i just hope there will be the time when we all look back on this thread and think of how knee jerk our reactions were, and how silly we all sounded.

but i honestly can say that i dont think that time will be very near in the future.

how did it all go wrong?

i think this game can prove that ANYONE, significant or not, can beat this current liverpool fc squad.

Agreed. We're no longer a team to beat..more like a team anyone can beat...
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 am

anti-hero wrote:i think this game can prove that ANYONE, significant or not, can beat this current liverpool fc squad.

Lets make the Newkit XI, I'll take right wing, Insua seems easy to beat :D
SupitsJonF

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:06 am

SupitsJonF wrote:
anti-hero wrote:i think this game can prove that ANYONE, significant or not, can beat this current liverpool fc squad.

Lets make the Newkit XI, I'll take right wing, Insua seems easy to beat :D

well i'd say we're significant enough.  :D

right. its settled then. i'll man mark aquilani.

well, not necessarily man mark. i'll just look at him funny,  :angry: 

it'll do the job.  :D
Last edited by anti-hero on Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:12 am

john craig wrote:Reading should have won by more than a one goal margin tonight.  That says it all really.  That and the fact that a performance that poor doesn't surprise me any more.  We need a change and fast.

Sadly they carved out a few better chances than we did, partly through peace poor defending and partly through better defending.

Our problem was trying to be too intricate, too many clever little flicks and too many passes to players not in space when we had a lot of our possession. It's pretty sad though that Babel was one of our better players, I thought he, Kuyt and N'Gog were our better players in the second half while Aquilani looked too lightweight and easily pushed off the ball and while I don't doubt he can pick a pass, maybe he could also try retaining possession a lot better.

Was the penalty a penalty? There was contact so I guess yes, but then wasn't Aquilani bear hugged in their area and no penalty given? Benayoun should have scored 1-on-1, he fluffed his kick worse than N'Gog had when he shot straight at the keeper.

How is it NOT ONCE in TEN cup matches this season we've scored more than one goal?

1-0 vs Leeds (LC)
1-2 vs Arsenal (LC)
1-0 vs Debrecen (CL x2)
1-2 vs Fiorentina (CL)
0-2 vs Fiorentina (CL)
1-2 vs Lyon (CL)
1-1 vs Lyon (CL)
1-2 vs Reading (FAC)
1-1 vs Reading (FAC)

P10 W3 D2 L5 F9 A12.

Furthest we've got in a cup is the second hurdle (League Cup), we went out of the Champions League at the group stage and now out of the FA Cup at the 3rd round for the THIRD time under Rafa in six seasons. In fact besides our win (on penalties) in 2006 and cup final in his first season, his record in domestic cups is pretty awful overall

League Cup

04/05 runners-up
05/06 R3
06/07 R5/QF
07/08 R5/QF
08/09 R4
09/10 R4

FA Cup

04/05 R3
05/06 Winners
06/07 R3
07/08 R5
08/09 R4
09/10 R3

Considering we join the League Cup at the third round (last 32/R3) stage it isn't that impressive to reach the QFs (last eight/R5) We have won half our games in domestic cups under Rafa (P34 W18 D5 L11 F69 A49), but considering you lose one and you're out in all but the League Cup semis then it's hard to have that bad a record at a big club.

As for the manager, well I know his hand was forced by injuries re substitutions. Didn't see the point of bringing on Skrtel, ironically (for me anyway) the two forced subs of N'Gog and Babel were livelier than most of the rest and they only came on because of injuries. Again we had three defensive players on the bench plus a keeper, way to look to win the game Rafa. Starting XI was about right, although like many I might have ditched Insua who wasn't embarrassingly bad last night but wasn't anything better than average to poor.

We probably deserved to lose, over 210 minutes we scored twiced - an own goal and a cross/shot that went in because Kuyt distracted the keeper with his run. It was a neat move for the goal, well neat as in neat intention, but aided by fortunate bounces and far from brilliant - unlike all but the finish of McAnuff's mazy run, similar to Giggs' infamous goal except Giggs scored, ran in much of a straight line and didn't face a serious tackle.

That was a needlessly conceded penalty, there were plenty of bodies in the box and their shooting had to that point been firing blanks.
Last edited by Owzat on Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FP10000 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 am

Pictures Liverpool - Reading : http://www.footballpictures.eu/node/2278
FP10000

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games