Palace vs LIVERPOOL - Mon 5th May 2014 - KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 11:02 pm

maguskwt » Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:No one is going to take points off City, our only hope of winning the title is putting about 7 or 8 past Palace and Newcastle.
I guess all those goals we conceded have come back to haunt us.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

I can't see a team of City's ability essentially throwing the title away twice in the space of a few weeks, once maybe but not twice.
after the Sunderland result they thought they'd blown it so I can't see them looking a gift horse like this in the mouth
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sat May 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Just need to be professional and win and hope City make a mistake, it can happen.

Be a hard game at Palace though and we are really on the ropes now.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun May 04, 2014 4:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 10:02 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sat May 03, 2014 7:14 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 03, 2014 6:36 pm wrote:No one is going to take points off City, our only hope of winning the title is putting about 7 or 8 past Palace and Newcastle.
I guess all those goals we conceded have come back to haunt us.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings...

I can't see a team of City's ability essentially throwing the title away twice in the space of a few weeks, once maybe but not twice.
after the Sunderland result they thought they'd blown it so I can't see them looking a gift horse like this in the mouth

They won't intentionally throw the title away of course... but anything can happen in football... all we gotta do now is worry about our own game, win the 2 games and we wait and see...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 04, 2014 6:52 pm

the players are bound to be feeling pretty low after last week so this is going to be a test of character. Pulis seems to have taken exception to one or two of Brendan's comments about style of footy as well so I imagine he'll have them fired up for this.
After handing City the title last Sunday let's not gift wrap it for them as well, let's make them work for it.
If the likes of Toure, Aguero and Silva are missing from their last two fixtures things could get interesting but they have a habit of making miraculous recoveries so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, when Toure hobbled off at Anfield that was supposed to be his season done and dusted but next game there he was scoring and running the show against Palace.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun May 04, 2014 6:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 04, 2014 5:52 pm wrote:the players are bound to be feeling pretty low after last week so this is going to be a test of character. Pulis seems to have taken exception to one or two of Brendan's comments about style of footy as well so I imagine he'll have them fired up for this.
After handing City the title last Sunday let's not gift wrap it for them as well, let's make them work for it.
If the likes of Toure, Aguero and Silva are missing from their last two fixtures things could get interesting but they have a habit of making miraculous recoveries so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, when Toure hobbled off at Anfield that was supposed to be his season done and dusted but next game there he was scoring and running the show against Palace.

I couldn't believe it when I saw Toure out there again, what a player, could have been different without him.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 04, 2014 10:52 pm

Rodgers talking tough tonight so I suspect we will be riding into town all guns blazing tomorrow
to claw that goal difference back  :nod

Who dares wins, ITS NOT OVER  :buttrock
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 05, 2014 10:08 am

parchpea » Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:Rodgers talking tough tonight so I suspect we will be riding into town all guns blazing tomorrow

It's a pity our mid season form has dropped off, if we were still showing the type of form to put 5 past Arsenal and Spurs and 6 past Cardiff on the road then your suggestion about clawing back the goal difference might not seem quite as far fetched.
If we get a couple of quick goals like we did at Norwich but this time instead of sitting back really go for it you never know.
Scoring something like 15 goals in our last 2 games would be a hell of a way to win the title.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby TheLad » Mon May 05, 2014 10:19 am

7-0 to us. There is hope.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 05, 2014 10:54 am

parchpea » Sun May 04, 2014 9:52 pm wrote:Rodgers talking tough tonight so I suspect we will be riding into town all guns blazing tomorrow

With 2nd place almost wrapped up, we have to go for it today and try to claw back some of those goals.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

7_Kewell » Mon May 05, 2014 9:54 am wrote:

With 2nd place almost wrapped up, we have to go for it today and try to claw back some of those goals.

We were 4-0 up against Arsenal inside 20 minutes and they were the league leaders at the time, we just need to find that type of form again from somewhere.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon May 05, 2014 12:30 pm

Nothing is impossible in football. Anything can happen. City dropped points against Sunderland at home. This weekend none of Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico or Chelsea won.

Two years ago they almost bottled it against QPR. Win tonight and they're under massive pressure. Rodgers has been saying exactly the right things.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Mon May 05, 2014 3:10 pm

stmichael » Mon May 05, 2014 11:30 am wrote:Nothing is impossible in football. Anything can happen. City dropped points against Sunderland at home. This weekend none of Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico or Chelsea won.

Two years ago they almost bottled it against QPR. Win tonight and they're under massive pressure. Rodgers has been saying exactly the right things.

I think our best chance of winning is for City to drop points, as YC says our current form isn't going to produce two cricket score wins. First and foremost we need 3 points tonight, and that is not a given.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon May 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Double post.  :ghostface:  :alien:  :unclesam:
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 05, 2014 4:30 pm

I just had this kind of sort of premonition that it ain't over...

COME ON!!!!!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:48 pm

I don't think we can realistically make up the goal difference on City, but I do think they are a team capable of dropping points at the Etihad in one of their last 2 games.  If we win tonight it puts pressure on them.  I don't think they will win 5 in a row so we are still in this.

If we don't do it then at least make them win it by having to win both games.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games