MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday, september 19th.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby crim cram » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:25 am

Have to agree with most that a Lucas/Poulsen pairing would be problematic, I would play Poulsen at DM and leave Lucas on the bench.  Because of our limited wide options - Cole on the right and Jova on the left.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:46 am

To play lucas and poulsen would be a mistake, last 2 league games have proved the combination does not work.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:47 am

Poulsen would do a better job sitting above the backfour than Lucas, which will let Gerrard go forward even more. This lineup is a good one, but Agger should be instead of Skrtel. I hope meireles shines in this one!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:48 am

Scottbot wrote:
PabloMedina28 wrote:Reina

Johnson         Carragher      Agger        Konchesky

Miereles        Poulsen

Gerrard          Lucas          Cole

Torres

I would like 2 c Lucas in his best position especially after his goal i dont think at the moment Jovanovic merits a start and i agree if Gerrard plays on right side hell force Evra back

I see you've got Puppet Master Lucas pulling strings in the hole behind Torres!?!

Not sure that would get much of a green light with anyone else dude.

exactly. especially against the Mancs, its no time to experiment. thankfully he isnt our manager :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:35 am

What the fecking hell is wrong with Danny, Surely to god he has to be in that back four , not happy , not happy at all
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:38 am

i think the best 11 liverpool could make is playing with poulsen and gerrard with meireles making a 3 men midfield, then 2 open players who could be cole and babel for this game, and torres.

something like this:
------------poulsen--------------

----gerrard----------meireles-----

cole-----------------------babel-

-------------torres--------------

i dont know why this is not even considered, it would have been perfect even to make aquilani play. and when you are deffending you still can make a 5 men midfield.
f9Torres

Postby TheLad » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:54 am

f9Torres wrote:i dont know why this is not even considered, it would have been perfect even to make aquilani play. and when you are deffending you still can make a 5 men midfield.

How do you know your line up wasn't considered by Roy?
Aquilani? He is playing for Juve, I thought.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby f9Torres » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 am

TheLad wrote:
f9Torres wrote:i dont know why this is not even considered, it would have been perfect even to make aquilani play. and when you are deffending you still can make a 5 men midfield.

How do you know your line up wasn't considered by Roy?
Aquilani? He is playing for Juve, I thought.

well i have not seen it so far...and i know, i meant it would have been perfect to make that player playing there, just that.
f9Torres

Postby f9Torres » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:59 am

and i mean poulsen with meirles and gerrard in front of him not with some of them close to poulsen.
f9Torres

Postby stmichael » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:01 am

i've heard that it's mereiles and poulsen as the two sitters with cole, gerrard and maxi behind torres. not happy with skrtel starting over agger though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:05 am

stmichael wrote:i've heard that it's mereiles and poulsen as the two sitters with cole, gerrard and maxi behind torres. not happy with skrtel starting over agger though.

Neither am i Mike concerning Agger , and i said it before id would of had Lucas in there over Poulson
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:30 am

It's a good team, and comes as a result of some very sensible selection which is good. I would have preferred Agger over Skyrtel, but I must admit I'm surprised people are "fecking fuming" that we've gone with the latter. There's not enough between them IMHO to warrant such emotion.

The Agger situation is actually quite interesting. From what the manager said at the time, it appears he told Roy in no uncertain terms that he didn't want to be considered a permanent option at left back. That's fair enough of course (although I do prefer it when players say they are are happy to play whenever and wherever selected), but equally it's fair enough that Roy wants to give the central defensive partnership which is in situ chance to develop. I don't agree with the call, but I do understand it.

Equally I wouldn't personally play Maxi, but I like the way we've gone about it. He was awful against Birmingham, but we've played him again in midweek and he was better. Now we are sticking with him for the huge game today, sensible stuff and he is being given every opportunity to prosper. Equally Mereiles and Cole were given their run outs in midweek to get them tuned up. Poulsen was given the night off along with Torres and Gerrard, and overall we have the definate makings of a "first eleven" emerging, which is all some of us ever wanted.

Like I say I don't agree with every selection, but at least we can see a methodology and there is some logic to it.

It's all also extremely heartening that once again the doom and gloom scenario which many were painting after the selection in midweek predictably turned out to be utter nonsense. "This means it'll definately be Lucas and Poulsen in central midfield" they gleefully crowed, but of course it meant nothing of the sort.

We need one holding midfielder and Roy's worked out who is by far the better player of the two. A first touch which needed to be sprinted to and a goiod shot at the end of it didn't change that fact. Top man Roy :buttrock.
Last edited by bigmick on Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thewaykokid » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:09 pm

anyone know starting 11 yet?
If you can't amaze people with your intelligence, try confusing them with your :censored: :)
Thewaykokid

Postby europian-kings » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 pm

The Liverpool team in full: Reina, Johnson, Konchesky, Carragher, Skrtel, Poulsen, Meireles, Maxi, Cole, Gerrard, Torres. Subs: Jones, Agger, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Babel, Lucas, Ngog.
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:40 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:anyone know starting 11 yet?

Pepe
Johnston             Srktel      Carra           Konkesky
Maxi          Meirles    Poulsen    Gerrard    Cole

Torres
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games