Manchester united v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:47 pm

not starting with sturridge would be a mistake imo.
it`s alright saying we can bring him on but once you`ve lost the initiative at old trafford and all the momentum is with united it`s very hard to turn the game around again.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 pm

I actually kind of hope we start with Carra. Whether we start with 3 at the back or not, he's still more reliable for a game like this than Wisdom.

I'm also hoping that we won't start with 3 at the back. A 4-3-3 as usual would be the best IMO, with Carra playing at RB. It isn't ideal but I rather have him for this than Wisdom.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:59 am

damjan193 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 pm wrote:I actually kind of hope we start with Carra. Whether we start with 3 at the back or not, he's still more reliable for a game like this than Wisdom.

I'm also hoping that we won't start with 3 at the back. A 4-3-3 as usual would be the best IMO, with Carra playing at RB. It isn't ideal but I rather have him for this than Wisdom.

carra can still do a job centrally but i think he`d be a liability at fullback these days, in the wide open spaces out wide the likes of valencia and young would breeze past him like he wasnt there.
i know what you are saying about wisdom and the way miralles took him the cleaners in the derby was concerning but at least he is reasonably quick.
it`s a pity enrique got injured, i`d feel better if we were going into this game with him and glen as our fulbacks.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:44 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:29 pm wrote:I actually kind of hope we start with Carra. Whether we start with 3 at the back or not, he's still more reliable for a game like this than Wisdom.

carra can still do a job centrally but i think he`d be a liability at fullback these days, in the wide open spaces out wide the likes of valencia and young would breeze past him like he wasnt there.
i know what you are saying about wisdom and the way miralles took him the cleaners in the derby was concerning but at least he is reasonably quick.
it`s a pity enrique got injured, i`d feel better if we were going into this game with him and glen as our fulbacks.

I think that you might be underestimating Carra. I know that he's with one foot into retirement and that he'll be up against younger and faster wingers, but he is an experienced player who knows his weaknesses and knows how to cope with them. Having said that, I'd rather trow a player like Carra to the wolves than Wisdom. Also, Carra always tends to up his game when we're facing strong opposition. Wisdom did the opposite last time.
Besides, look at the alternatives. It's either with 3 at the back with Henderson as a right wing back (worse thing we can do IMO) or with 4 at the back with Wisdom as RB.
Like I said it isn't ideal but it's better than the other alternatives that we have.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:23 am

The headlines in todays Telegraph eminating from Purple Nose's drunken face are a disgrace, what a sad, sad man, no dignity, completely unable to rise above mud slinging. Time to retire before full senility takes over. The guy is an embarrassment to the club and supporters.

'I don’t even know Liverpool’s league position'
Sir Alex Ferguson says he only checks up on neighbours City in the league table though admitted Liverpool game is "the one’".
Carragher: I was glad City won the title rather than United
Ferguson wants to prolong Liverpool agony
Unted's Carrick is finally taking centre stage
Ferguson fears Suarez will fool referee again
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:34 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:there`s rumours going round that carragher may come into the side and we are going with 3 at the back.
apparently sturridge is going start on the bench as well.
this is a theory doing the rounds over on rawk based on pictures from the training ground.
rumoured team - reina, hendo, johno, carra, agger, skrtel, allen, lucas, gerrard, luis, sterling.

hopefully it`s a load of rubbish, playing 3 at the back and leaving sturridge on the bench is just playing into their hands, the way to beat united is to go after them, not try and contain them. if we play 3 at the back we`ll be just inviting pressure onto ourselves.
as i said hopefully it`s a load of sh1.te.

I don't understand that line-up merely because I cannot see a LWB in it. I'm not a fan of 3 at the back neither but I do believe Rodgers needs to work on containing united, that would also bamboozle any plans they had. I don't think it's merely a case of 'going for leather' against this lot, we could be on the end of a drubbing realistically if we were to play an open game (like we usually do). I think we need to be a tad more cautious and pragmatic in this one but I somehow doubt that to be the case - although it would be a nice surprise to see Rodgers tactically think about this one from a pragmatists point of view.

On redcafe, some of those scumbags say they'd be happy for united to concede the middle of the park, and rape us down the wings.

*see Johnson now.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Homebooby » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:03 pm wrote:
Homebooby » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 pm wrote:Fergie seems to be throwing everything into stirring things up with the media.......usually means he is worried......should be an interesting one.

rodgers would take a massive step up in my book if he was to come out and challenge fergies comments and ask why he has to pressure referees before big games or else release a statement warning webb not to get sucked in by him.
two can play this game brendan as long as you have a spine to match his.

He'd be criticised for going to a Rafa rant if he did though
Homebooby

Postby Judge » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:55 am

YNWA and the pictures reflect my thoughts
Attachments
scum.jpg
scum.jpg (55.45 KiB) Viewed 865 times
webb.jpg
webb.jpg (52.84 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:40 pm

bricking it
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Same as Mike, nerves kicking in.

I hope our boys run havock on the t@rts.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Jonhson, Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez, Sterling
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:25 pm

Buzzing.... Come on you Redmen!!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:34 pm

Anxious all day.

Thought Henderson should have started on merit.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 pm

I'm quitely confident :nod
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:48 pm

Hoping Suarez scores a hat-trick and sticks it up the Old Toilet c**ts.  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games