Manchester united v LIVERPOOL

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 am

red till i die!! » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm wrote:sturridge has to start for me, even though his match sharpness might not be the best, he should still be fit and well able to play.
i dont fear utd at all and think we have the better of them but i do fear us being robbed by webb :down:

Their 12th man (the ref) will have a massive bearing on the match, expect appeal for blatant penalty for us turned down, Suarez carded for nothing and 10 mins of added time if Man U are trailing after 90 mins

I'd also like to see us start with Suarez and Sturridge. Man U have been scoring for fun but defensively they've looked less than solid and this term have conceded more goals than we have.

If we go at them and our defence stays tight we've got every chance of getting something out of the game.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 am

Oh they have Howard Webb
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:54 pm

woof woof ! » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:32 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm wrote:sturridge has to start for me, even though his match sharpness might not be the best, he should still be fit and well able to play.
i dont fear utd at all and think we have the better of them but i do fear us being robbed by webb :down:

Their 12th man (the ref) will have a massive bearing on the match, expect appeal for blatant penalty for us turned down, Suarez carded for nothing and 10 mins of added time if Man U are trailing after 90 mins

I'd also like to see us start with Suarez and Sturridge. Man U have been scoring for fun but defensively they've looked less than solid and this term have conceded more goals than we have.

If we go at them and our defence stays tight we've got every chance of getting something out of the game.

webb the fooker will hide behind the book on this and will do something stoopid like send one of our's off for a professional foul when rvp is like 3 yards past the half way line and brushes off agger or skyrtel before collapsing like he was shot.

i agree they are terrible at the back and we will have plenty of chances so thats why sturridge and suarez have to start for me. we need players who are composed and can finish to be on the end of them because if they have even 3 half chances in that game we could find ourselves 3 down.

id really love to see rodgers mix this up and play 4-4-2 as its a better formation to play against them and they will never in a million years expect it :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:31 pm

They will set their stall out to get at the officials pre and during the match then
keep loading their attack until we crumble under the bombardment from players
fans and officials alike.

If we escape with a draw it will be a tremendous effort against all the odds.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:50 pm

FFS folks, enough of the paranoia....the players might be reading this tosh !
:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:39 am

Based on the performances of Liverpool and manure up to date, it is obvious who will win in tomorow's game, it's manure, though I hope to be proved wrong.
alwayslfc

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:51 pm

We're going to beat them. Two reasons...

1 - we are big underdogs, moreso than in a lot of previous trips there. We are under less pressure and should be able to play our normal game.  Our young lads may be inconsistent but they play without fear.

2 - I'm working and cant see the game, LFC are well known to have a better record against the scrum when I don't watch!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 pm

Fergie seems to be throwing everything into stirring things up with the media.......usually means he is worried......should be an interesting one.
Homebooby

Postby alwayslfc » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:00 pm

john craig » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:51 am wrote:We're going to beat them. Two reasons...

1 - we are big underdogs, moreso than in a lot of previous trips there. We are under less pressure and should be able to play our normal game.  Our young lads may be inconsistent but they play without fear.

2 - I'm working and cant see the game, LFC are well known to have a better record against the scrum when I don't watch!

I certainly hope you're right about this mate.
alwayslfc

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:03 pm

Homebooby » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 pm wrote:Fergie seems to be throwing everything into stirring things up with the media.......usually means he is worried......should be an interesting one.

rodgers would take a massive step up in my book if he was to come out and challenge fergies comments and ask why he has to pressure referees before big games or else release a statement warning webb not to get sucked in by him.
two can play this game brendan as long as you have a spine to match his.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby sully0182 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:59 pm

With the results today (Everton, Spurs, WBA), this one would be a vital win. We'd only be 6 points from 4th and 3 from 5th. I expect Arsenal to lose as well which would only add to it...Come on you reds!
You can't just walk in here with a big banana and expect everything to be peaches...

"We see things they'll never see" - Noel Gallagher, fellow united hater
sully0182

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:29 pm

the problem is though whenever we are presented with an opportunity to close the gap on teams above us we always seem to blow it.
saying that i quite fancy us tomorrow, i think we`ve been a bit unlucky in a few of the bigger games this season with refereeing decisions not going our way in some games (everton, man u) and not really getting the rewards our performances have merited in others (man city, spurs).
i think we are due a bit of luck in a big game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:54 pm

Great results today for us, all the more reason to beat the scum!

I don't remember the last time I was disappointed by our performance in derby games, so I'm not worried, win or lose.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 pm

there`s rumours going round that carragher may come into the side and we are going with 3 at the back.
apparently sturridge is going start on the bench as well.
this is a theory doing the rounds over on rawk based on pictures from the training ground.
rumoured team - reina, hendo, johno, carra, agger, skrtel, allen, lucas, gerrard, luis, sterling.

hopefully it`s a load of rubbish, playing 3 at the back and leaving sturridge on the bench is just playing into their hands, the way to beat united is to go after them, not try and contain them. if we play 3 at the back we`ll be just inviting pressure onto ourselves.
as i said hopefully it`s a load of sh1.te.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:23 pm

lol the team i just seen on sh!tter is

reina
wisdom                skyrtel    agger       johno

lucas        allen        gerrard

downing      suarez    sterling

who knows what its going to be but its not looking like sturridge will start.
and for the record i like this team much better that the one that features carra :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games