Liverpool vs Man Utd 13:30 1st Sep 2013 SS1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:45 pm

only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am wrote:
killerp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 am wrote:I'm going defensive 4-4-1-1, no way we can afford to push high up with Rvp & Rooney waiting to counter.

I don't really see any options on the bench that would give us an edge, Sterling, Borini, Alberto, Kelly etc..

Mignolet
                                 Johnson          Skrtel               Agger          Enrique

Aspas      Gerrard         Lucas       Henderson

Coutinho

Sturridge

If we keep them out  to a 0-0 I will be very happy

I don't think defending is a viable option for our Team. This is our weakest link ,even before the injuries ,so to suggest we embrace a defensive formation AFTER the injuries is plain suicide. We need to score more then we concede. Our attacking Unit is as good as they get ,so let's ram them from the beginning and hope our Defensive line holds.

Our attacking unit relies in getting Coutinho on the ball and feeding Sturridge - that's our only option , Sturridge is on fire but cut that supply and we don't have another option - I certainly wouldn't call it as good as it gets because we have one option. Going to need a day when they are at the top form for 90mins and the midfield supporting for 90mins !

Can see us scoring early in the game and them also scoring early but will then need a massive effort in the second half and massive improvement on the first two games in the second half to stop them scoring and maybe for us to nick a goal.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:23 pm

redno7 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:13 am wrote:gung ho.

from the kick off the games objective is SCORE MORE THAN THEM. We're gonna leak a goal, just make sure we scored at least 8.

Moyes will set them up to counter attack - that's what Gerrard reckons.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:45 am wrote:
only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am wrote:
killerp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 am wrote:I'm going defensive 4-4-1-1, no way we can afford to push high up with Rvp & Rooney waiting to counter.

I don't really see any options on the bench that would give us an edge, Sterling, Borini, Alberto, Kelly etc..

Mignolet
                                 Johnson          Skrtel               Agger          Enrique

Aspas      Gerrard         Lucas       Henderson

Coutinho

Sturridge

If we keep them out  to a 0-0 I will be very happy

I don't think defending is a viable option for our Team. This is our weakest link ,even before the injuries ,so to suggest we embrace a defensive formation AFTER the injuries is plain suicide. We need to score more then we concede. Our attacking Unit is as good as they get ,so let's ram them from the beginning and hope our Defensive line holds.

Our attacking unit relies in getting Coutinho on the ball and feeding Sturridge - that's our only option , Sturridge is on fire but cut that supply and we don't have another option - I certainly wouldn't call it as good as it gets because we have one option. Going to need a day when they are at the top form for 90mins and the midfield supporting for 90mins !

Can see us scoring early in the game and them also scoring early but will then need a massive effort in the second half and massive improvement on the first two games in the second half to stop them scoring and maybe for us to nick a goal.

I agree the Coutinho is our main creative option ,but BR system has a lot of movement and players cutting in and out which gives us plenty of additional options ,Aspas is cutting the lanes especially good and If Hendo and Gerrard join as trailers we have a lot of bodies which can create chances.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:47 pm

They do have lots of movement but its players needed to play the ball to take advantage of that ball - Coutinho does that but I'm not sure anyone else does.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:31 pm

KK kick off is at 1:30

When we played them last year we was unlucky not to win. A very dodgey penalty and a Rafael strike that I would guarantee wouldnt have beaten Mignolet.

Also we have strengthened alot. Coutinho and Sturridge most noteably aswell as Mignolet and Aspas. Lucas aswell didnt play in the match at Anfield last year.

Arguably we could have 6 players that never played V them last year that would make us alot stronger but then again No Suarez.

UTD on the other hand dont look anything special and especially now Ferguson has gone that will make them alot weaker.

If Toure was available to play then I  would be very confident about getting the 3 points but with Skrtel there im still confident will get the win.

Van persie is obviously a world class striker but he never got a sniff V Chelsea and if we can do the same job then RVP and Man utd will look very ordinary especially if Mourinho continues to unsettle rooney.

My prediction 2-0

Like to see this side

Mignolet
Johnson    Skrtel      Agger       Enrique

Gerrard      Lucas

Coutinho
Aspas                                             Hendo

Sturridge

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:31 pm wrote:KK kick off is at 1:30

When we played them last year we was unlucky not to win. A very dodgey penalty and a Rafael strike that I would guarantee wouldnt have beaten Mignolet.

Also we have strengthened alot. Coutinho and Sturridge most noteably aswell as Mignolet and Aspas. Lucas aswell didnt play in the match at Anfield last year.

Arguably we could have 6 players that never played V them last year that would make us alot stronger but then again No Suarez.

UTD on the other hand dont look anything special and especially now Ferguson has gone that will make them alot weaker.

If Toure was available to play then I  would be very confident about getting the 3 points but with Skrtel there im still confident will get the win.

Van persie is obviously a world class striker but he never got a sniff V Chelsea and if we can do the same job then RVP and Man utd will look very ordinary especially if Mourinho continues to unsettle rooney.

My prediction 2-0

Like to see this side

Mignolet
Johnson    Skrtel      Agger       Enrique

Gerrard      Lucas

Coutinho
Aspas                                             Hendo

Sturridge

That's a hell of a thing to guarantee - the strike would have been pretty much all keepers it was placed that well

Unless Mignolet has extra extra long arms

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AfKWSL9f ... 9AfKWSL9fA

As for Man Utd looking ordinary ? Is that just based on the one game against a multi talented Chelsea team full of world class players or the game where they comfortably beat a Swansea team 4-1 at Swansea ! Man Utd are stronger than us in all areas of the park - for us to get something would need a massive improvement from us and them to have an off day. If RvP gets the supply i fear a heavy defeat at the moment.
Benny The Noon

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Where have they strengthend from last year?

A game they won 2-1 whether the strike would have beaten Mignolet is debateable and one that I dont really want to go into.

We should have won the game at Anfield last year as we dominated so well. All i am saying os from that game we have improved drastically and they have not.

Also I'd like to add we played most of that game with 10 men

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:56 pm

They won the league by a very clear margin and were a clear 28 points ahead of us - that showed the clear difference between the squads. What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result and if we are anywhere under 100% again we will lose. For them to improve drastically from a team that won the league so convincingly would need signings of Messi standards. Getting a draw would be an amazing result for us currently.
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:They won the league by a very clear margin and were a clear 28 points ahead of us - that showed the clear difference between the squads. What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result and if we are anywhere under 100% again we will lose. For them to improve drastically from a team that won the league so convincingly would need signings of Messi standards. Getting a draw would be an amazing result for us currently.

Come on Benny ,Exaggerating a bit are we? . We are more then capable beating Manure at home today and tomorrow ,They are a better team but they aren't Barca ,and they will lose this season to less talented teams then us and their is no reason they won't lose on Sunday. They are a solid ,talented Unit but they are beatable by almost all teams in the Premier league. If Cardiff could do City on a given day then why should we shy from victory?

We are Liverpool ,it is Anfield. It's not even a question.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm convinced this will not be a 1-0 to us three times in a row. This game has got goals in it. I hope Sturridge has got his shooting boots on, and I predict him to get a couple, if we are up for it.

I think Rooney may start on the bench, and if you take Robin Van Persie out of their side, all of a sudden they don't look that great. He is the man to stop. We have to not give him any sniffs on goal , or space on the ball.

How many yellow cards/ Reds do you think there will be!? Who's gonna get sent off first.  :eyebrow
Last edited by Hustler 2 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:24 pm

Benny have you read 1 word i have said. Did you miss the part where i listed the players we have improved on since the last game. Did you miss the part where I mentioned Fergie not being there anymore.

Unless you are expecting every single result to happen exactly the way it did last year then we can win this game

LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:26 pm

only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:22 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:They won the league by a very clear margin and were a clear 28 points ahead of us - that showed the clear difference between the squads. What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result and if we are anywhere under 100% again we will lose. For them to improve drastically from a team that won the league so convincingly would need signings of Messi standards. Getting a draw would be an amazing result for us currently.

Come on Benny ,Exaggerating a bit are we? . We are more then capable beating Manure at home today and tomorrow ,They are a better team but they aren't Barca ,and they will lose this season to less talented teams then us and their is no reason they won't lose on Sunday. They are a solid ,talented Unit but they are beatable by almost all teams in the Premier league. If Cardiff could do City on a given day then why should we shy from victory?

We are Liverpool ,it is Anfield. It's not even a question.

Every team is beatable - I just don't see us winning this.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:31 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:24 pm wrote:Benny have you read 1 word i have said. Did you miss the part where i listed the players we have improved on since the last game. Did you miss the part where I mentioned Fergie not being there anymore.

Unless you are expecting every single result to happen exactly the way it did last year then we can win this game

I didn't miss anything

I also can see that we have struggled in the second half of each game so far , I have seen we rely on one player to create for us with one player scoring the goals , I see us playing a CB who hasn't played one competitive game this season and struggles with players with great movement , I see them clinically getting past a good Swansea outfit at Swansea and since then have reintroduced Rooney into the team. We can win it - if we are 100% on form throughout the game and they are below par - I just don't see it happening. I think we will score early - they will get an equaliser before half time and then turn up the pressure in the second half whilst we start to flag and get a winner
Benny The Noon

Postby Gary Glitter » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi folks

No need for pessimism. 3-1 to us, Aspas with a brace.
Gary Glitter
LFC newBie

Postby damjan193 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:25 pm

I was very excited and positive about this one until Toure got injured and most of our key players had to play 120 minutes.

But then again, they're professional footballers and should be capable of enduring situations like this one. And it's not like we haven't had injured key players before. Skrtel is a good defender with a point to prove and I believe he'll do his best despite his low fitness level.

I also expect some of the players to raise their game as they usually do in important games. Gerrard and Lucas are prime example of this and those are the players that we'll probably need the most. I have a feeling that Henderson will put in a shift as well. Sturridge is on fire so he will be as difficult to stop as van Persi.

I'm certain that they will be unable to stop us from scoring. Problem is, will we able to stop them?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games