Liverpool vs Man Utd 13:30 1st Sep 2013 SS1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:They won the league by a very clear margin and were a clear 28 points ahead of us - that showed the clear difference between the squads. What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result and if we are anywhere under 100% again we will lose. For them to improve drastically from a team that won the league so convincingly would need signings of Messi standards. Getting a draw would be an amazing result for us currently.

"What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result..."

We agree finally. Essentially the most important point is about winning, nothing else. Based on that Rodgers meets your definition perfectly and should not be criticised.

Not squad selection, tactics, pre/post match comments, etc matter at all assuming we win.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:41 pm

Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:19 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm wrote:They won the league by a very clear margin and were a clear 28 points ahead of us - that showed the clear difference between the squads. What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result and if we are anywhere under 100% again we will lose. For them to improve drastically from a team that won the league so convincingly would need signings of Messi standards. Getting a draw would be an amazing result for us currently.

"What we should have done is irrelevant - it's what we actually did - lost. They got the result..."

We agree finally. Essentially the most important point is about winning, nothing else. Based on that Rodgers meets your definition perfectly and should not be criticised.

Not squad selection, tactics, pre/post match comments, etc matter at all assuming we win.

And when we don't win SCS ? Then what ? Who are we allowed to question ? Obviously we can't blame the owners because the balance sheet looks nice ?

Well what most supporters do is assign blame to the most obvious cause.

My point was your criticism of the manager doesn't stop, even when we win. Which quite frankly is laughable.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:38 pm

And when we don't win SCS ? Then what ? Who are we allowed to question ? Obviously we can't blame the owners because the balance sheet looks nice ?

Well what most supporters do is assign blame to the most obvious cause.

My point was your criticism of the manager doesn't stop, even when we win. Which quite frankly is laughable.

The f.cuking cherry has been spamming the forum all summer saying - 'unless I see something positive from the team I will continue to troll' or something along those lines, guess what, we've won all three of our matches and had a good positive start to the season and the gimp is still carrying on like a troll.  :laugh:
Last edited by Kenny Kan on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:40 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:23 pm wrote:I think not supporting the manager is more laughable then supporting the clubs owners. But its not a thread on either of them so lets get this back to the UTD game before it goes off topic.

We win we go top we happy

BANG ON.  :nod
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:08 am

Brendan has only been in charge for just over a season and to me he is better than his 2 predecessors. This will be his D-Day season and there are 2 reasons why it is still hard to gauge how good he really is.

First, he's still young and still learning and he will get better with time and experience but up to what level can he reach, that only time can tell. That's why I always affirm that he got the Liverpool job too early.

Second, with owners reluctant to heavily fund him, his hands are pretty much tied. I used to think that it's hard to get quality players if you're not in the CL. Yes, it still is but if you're willing to spend you can still sign a few good gems. A classic example is Spurs. They're not in the CL, and they've signed Soldaldo, Eriksen (imminent) and a few more. They've boosted their strength significantly. Have they signed kids, free transfers or season long loans?  Look at us, most of our signings this summer have been free transfers, season long loans, average unknown players. How can you get to CL with this kind of transfers? Even if you appoint Pep Guardiola or Mourinho in charge of Liverpool, with this kind of farcical mid table funding, Liverpool will continue to finish mid table. I feel sorry for Brendan, I really do. FSG are more interested in getting the accounting statements look good than anything else. Many suspect it's because they want to make the club look attractive to the next buyer. I hope it's true and they will sell up to someone who is willing to spend. My message to FSG is "F##K YOU and Please Sell to someone who is willing to heavily fund the manager".

The other issue is, where is the stadium? How can you compete with the likes of City, Arsenal whose stadiums are the envy of every club?
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby killerp » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:36 am

only me » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:22 am wrote:
killerp » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:30 am wrote:I'm going defensive 4-4-1-1, no way we can afford to push high up with Rvp & Rooney waiting to counter.

I don't really see any options on the bench that would give us an edge, Sterling, Borini, Alberto, Kelly etc..

Mignolet
                                 Johnson          Skrtel               Agger          Enrique

Aspas      Gerrard         Lucas       Henderson

Coutinho

Sturridge

If we keep them out  to a 0-0 I will be very happy

We need to score more then we concede. Our attacking Unit is as good as they get ,so let's ram them from the beginning and hope our Defensive line holds.

A defensive line with Skrtel at the heart...... call me a coward but i'll be covering my eyes each time the Mancs counter attack when we give away the ball high up the pitch.

Don't forget Moyes will want to beat us more than any manager in the league. He didn't have much luck here with Everton...but if we could win somehow, that would really be rubbing salt in his old wounds & turn some of his new supporters against him :devil:
killerp

Postby devaney » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:59 am

MS will not be ready for Sunday according to the club.....
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:25 am

At the end of the day this game is bonus territory really.  We've already had a great start and even if we lose it will still be a very strong start heading into the break. 
Im fairly sure Brendan will highlight this to the lads to try to take some of the pressure off. 

Win the match and we'll have a 100% record going into the break.  Lose or draw and we're still on course. 
The break is probably coming at a good time for us as well with the injuries that we have.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:35 am

exactly, if we lose we maybe drop to 3rd? 4th? result dependant, better than last year and a lot better than 2/3 seasons ago.

we can do this !
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:20 pm

If we can nick this game, then 3 wins from three is good enough. :) lets not panic (like Benny) until it actually starts going sour....
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Hustler 2 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:29 pm

Lets face it, does he have the face to beat Liverpool at Anfield?

he's a bum   :laugh:
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redno7 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:43 pm

he doesn't have the face, the nouse, the common sense, the single clue or the team. He has a striker that can score goals. stop him and we win. ahh fuk it, we'll win anyway.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Focus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:11 pm

This guy D.Moyes must be the most despised person among the Liverpool fans fraternity. Man U and Everton are the 2 most hated clubs by our fans and he has managed Everton and now Manu.
Red Focus
LFC Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm

Is it possible to get the MUTV ad off the banner at top on this forum, that's a start!  :laugh:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 pm

parchpea » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:04 pm wrote:Is it possible to get the MUTV ad off the banner at top on this forum, that's a start!  :laugh:

i have mentioned that a few times also  :nod and still the damn thing exists.
it might have something to do with the advertising and its out of the mods control ?
the irony of it  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games