Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:09 am

look at that f.ucking mug.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:39 am

Philippe Coutinho has put David Moyes in his place by claiming he had never heard of him before he came to England.   :laugh:

And in another snub for Manchester United, the Liverpool star says he never saw any of their triumphs until they won the Premier League last season.

He remembers Liverpool's sensational 2005 Champions League success as a 12-year-old growing up in Brazil, but he has no recollection of United lifting the trophy three years later.

When asked if he knew who Moyes was before he joined Liverpool from Inter Milan in January, Coutinho’s reply was a categoric: “No.”

His mind is just as a big blank when it comes to the club that likes to think it is one of the world’s biggest and he said: “I don’t remember watching United win any cups.

“I remember last season they won the league, that’s as far as I know.”

Coutinho, 21, certainly can’t be accused of fraternising with the enemy ahead of tomorrow’s showdown at Anfield .

He has spoken once to the Da Silva twins since arriving in England - he can’t recall which one - while his relationship with Anderson is confined to what he has seen of his compatriot on the telly.

“I know Fabio and Rafael from the national team when I was called up once when I was at Inter,” he said.

“But I have not had much contact with them since then and when I arrived here, I think I spoke once with one of them on the phone. I have not had much contact.”

What Coutinho does know about United is that they were consistently the team to beat under Sir Alex Ferguson - he had heard of him, by the way.

The playmaker, who supplies the bullets for marksman Daniel Sturridge, knows Liverpool have lagged behind them and is determined to help them close the gap on their fiercest rivals.

“They have some big players and just because they have changed manager, does not mean they have lost their way,” he said.

“We want to make up the ground we have lost on them and get back at them. Winning this match on Sunday can help us do that.

“I’ve not had the chance to play Man United yet, but from what I know about the history between the clubs, it’s even more passionate than the Milan derby.”

Coutinho hopes to play a key part for Liverpool tomorrow and is mindful he fluffed his lines during his last big moment on the Anfield stage against Chelsea in April.

He was taken off at half-time because he couldn’t get into the game and the 5ft 7ins Samba star says he has learnt from that disappointment.

“I know last season against Chelsea, I did not do as well as I should have, but that’s all in the past now,” he said.

“That match was very intense and I found it hard to get into the rhythm of the game. Now I’ve had that experience, I know what to do in order to be prepared for matches like this and play better.

“I know I have to be ready for every single ball, every pass, every challenge. Everything has to be at 100 per cent. You cannot give any advantage to the opposition player, and that’s how I intend to approach this.

“I know this game against Man United can create legends. I know how important it is to the supporters and throughout the week I’ve been doing everything I can to prepare myself mentally for this game so I can perform well.

“It would be fantastic if I could score the winning goal, and every player dreams of moments like that, but winning the match is most important.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... z2dWv0T3Li
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

--------------------

I like him.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:43 am

Brendan Rodgers: Alex Ferguson's absence will affect Manchester United

• Liverpool manager expects new mind-set from United
• Says he is too busy to be friends with David Moyes

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers meets David Moyes's Manchester United on Sunday

Andy Hunter

Brendan Rodgers believes the Premier League witnessed a more cautious Manchester United in David Moyes's Old Trafford debut and claimed the goalless draw with Chelsea would not have petered out under Sir Alex Ferguson.

Liverpool host a Ferguson-less United for the first time since February 1986 on Sunday and, in comments sure to rile the former Everton manager, Rodgers admits he is prepared for a different mind-set from the Premier League champions. The Liverpool manager lost both league games against Ferguson last season and believes the absence of Anfield's old adversary will have an impact on United, as demonstrated by the tame conclusion to Monday's game with José Mourinho's Chelsea.

"I think it [Ferguson's retirement] could affect the attitude at United. A manager can affect the attitude of his players," said Rodgers, who is close to signing the Sporting Lisbon defender Tiago Ilori. "Look at the Chelsea game the other night. It was drifting towards a nil-nil and there wasn't really a murmur at Old Trafford. You know at the time Fergie was there he was probably going for the win so the crowd were near enough expecting a goal at the end of the game. Now that is an attitude and a behaviour that he installed over many years because they had success through that. That is something you can achieve as a manager over time. That is the impact you can have. If, as a manager, you can create a hostile environment that will get you results, then that is what you will do."

Rodgers claimed he would "always look to get the win" with 20 minutes of a goalless game remaining but understood the approach of Moyes and Mourinho on Monday. "At this stage of the season you don't want to give too much away to the opponent, especially if it's going to be a rival," he added. "That point could ultimately prove crucial either way."

Liverpool finished 28 points behind United last season as Ferguson led their fierce rivals to a 20th league title. But Rodgers disputes the recent claim by the former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher that the Scot was worth at least 10 points per season to United. "It is more about the players, being honest," he said. "Certainly Fergie was renowned for always asking about the time in games and using that influence but ultimately it is about the players. It is the ones on the pitch who get you the points. Players might react to what managers say or do but I don't go along with the whole mind-games thing. If you let that get to you, then you are beaten."

Despite expecting Ferguson's departure to impact on United, Rodgers says he holds Moyes – who never won at Anfield in 11 years as Everton manager – in the same regard as any adversary. He said: "I've always had respect for the opposition manager whether he's won multiple trophies or not. If you've been fortunate as a manager to work with a group of multi-talented players who are winners, then naturally you will have an opportunity to win trophies. But at the same time you could be like David Moyes at Everton. He did a great job there but he never had a trophy to show for it. But you can't say he wasn't successful. I'll always respect every manager. It is a tough job. For me there is no difference."

But Rodgers admits there is no close friendship between himself and the new United manager despite his recent employment across Stanley Park. "We speak to each other on courses and things like that but I wouldn't say I'm friendly with too many managers," he said. "It's not about the rivalry, the job is just too busy and your focus is elsewhere. You're thinking about the job 24 hours a day. Your world becomes smaller as a manager and there are veryfew I would mix with."

Liverpool may have Kolo Touré available on Sunday despite fearing he had torn a groin muscle during Tuesday's Capital One Cup win over Notts County. The defender has only a slim chance of featuring, however, while Joe Allen is expected to be out for a fortnight and the new signing Aly Cissokho for six weeks with the respective hamstring and ankle injuries suffered in that game.

Rodgers is continuing to pursue several transfer targets before Monday's deadline with a £7m deal for Ilori close to completion. Liverpool remain in talks for the Paris St-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho and are still hopeful of a deal for Chelsea's winger Victor Moses.
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Coutinho's won me over  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:27 pm

Kenny Kan » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:39 am wrote:Philippe Coutinho has put David Moyes in his place by claiming he had never heard of him before he came to England.   :laugh:

:wwww  :bowdown

I hate Alex Ferguson for two reasons. One his personality, and two his success. A good thing about his success is that I think Manure will not be as strong after Alex Ferguson. And if they confirm moves like 30M for Ander Herrera, I think they are going in the wrong direction. Which is nice.

I expect this to be a good season for the come back of Liverpool to their deserved place and doing a good game against those rivals would be fantastic step for that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Do you not rate Herrera ? Seems a very good player and would be a good signing.
Benny The Noon

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

A good player maybe, but a regular starter in a top flight english club that pretends to win the CL? Nah, and at that price is a very bad signing

They (Bilbao) brought him to bridge the gap of Javi Martinez going to Bayern last season, and he failed to fill the huge hap in their midfield, they are happy to sell him once they've got Beñat for the creative part of their midfield.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:33 pm

Cheers for that Sabre - good to see you as well mate , hope you're well
Benny The Noon

Postby Hustler 2 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Predictions time: I think a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.
Get down and Boogie !!!!
Hustler 2
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:09 pm

2-0 Liverpool
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:12 pm

Well I can't see us stopping them scoring but can see us getting a goal

Think we will score early then they will get an equaliser

The result will be dependant on if we can improve our second half performances - if not then think they will take advantage of our poor second half and will get a winner. If we improve then think it will be a 1-1 draw

So either 2-1 to them or 1-1
Benny The Noon

Postby eds » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:04 pm

I can't wait for this game.

Would be a dream start to the season if we beat these c**ts and move 5 points clear of them so early on.

C'mon.......

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby JC_81 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:20 pm

We'll win this.

2-1.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:38 am

apparently shrek isnt playing  :D
i hope we hammer em  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:16 am

If Sturridge has his shooting boots on i think we could win this in a high scoring encounter, like 3-2 or something. Their is no way in hell we are not conceding in this game, hopefully Sturridge and Couthino are on form
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games