LIVERPOOL VS HULL CITY - Official match thread

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RobinHood6969 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:30 pm

4-0 us. We should get a clean sheet out of this match for some sort of confidence against teh chavs
RobinHood6969

Postby Greavesie » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:30 pm

Hull are shocking defensively, Torres should have a field day here, I'm backing him to get his first hat trick this season
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Owzat » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:49 pm

DrPepe wrote:Given the nature of our last few wins, and after the widespread predictions of handing out as s whuppins to denrecen, Leeds etc, i'll have to go for a nervy , tight game that we win 2-1

I have to agree, I think winning this may not be difficult but how often do we predict 3-0 or better and fall well short?

We have a horrid run of games coming up, Chelsea and the mancs in a run which includes three away on the bounce. By the end of the next six games we should have a clearer idea of our title prospects, I would be very annoyed if we're sitting pretty at the top of the CL group BUT maybe as many as 9-12 points adrift in the title race (losses to Chelsea and the mancs could make that a serious possibility) It may only be six games in just under a month (26/09 - 25/10) but it could have a serious impact on our season. If we rest against Hull then our players would be fresh for Fiorentina but would they then be fresh for Chelsea away five days later?

To me the two CL matches look the best opportunity to rest anyone, the games before we play the top two and we could win both CL games without needing G&T. Even 2-4 points wouldn't be the end of the world, sure I'm an advocate of going through asap to rest for the last game or two in the group, but the timing is not good so I'd write them off - that doesn't mean go out to lose, simply not worry about the result. Do we want the league or CL progress? I'd not care if we we went out of the CL if it meant clawing back ground lost in the Premiership. Chances are we'd lose in the knockout stages anyway
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:11 pm

Owzat wrote:
DrPepe wrote:Given the nature of our last few wins, and after the widespread predictions of handing out as s whuppins to denrecen, Leeds etc, i'll have to go for a nervy , tight game that we win 2-1

I have to agree, I think winning this may not be difficult but how often do we predict 3-0 or better and fall well short?

We have a horrid run of games coming up, Chelsea and the mancs in a run which includes three away on the bounce. By the end of the next six games we should have a clearer idea of our title prospects, I would be very annoyed if we're sitting pretty at the top of the CL group BUT maybe as many as 9-12 points adrift in the title race (losses to Chelsea and the mancs could make that a serious possibility) It may only be six games in just under a month (26/09 - 25/10) but it could have a serious impact on our season. If we rest against Hull then our players would be fresh for Fiorentina but would they then be fresh for Chelsea away five days later?

To me the two CL matches look the best opportunity to rest anyone, the games before we play the top two and we could win both CL games without needing G&T. Even 2-4 points wouldn't be the end of the world, sure I'm an advocate of going through asap to rest for the last game or two in the group, but the timing is not good so I'd write them off - that doesn't mean go out to lose, simply not worry about the result. Do we want the league or CL progress? I'd not care if we we went out of the CL if it meant clawing back ground lost in the Premiership. Chances are we'd lose in the knockout stages anyway

Ice and lemon with that?
What about normal or slimline on the tonic?

:laugh: Being a barman i couldn't resist!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:40 pm

s@int wrote:I think it will be the usual parked bus against us in this one. They were hammered by Everton, but played most of their reserves, and wont be THAT easy against us. Early goal and we could have an easy 3-0 win, set off at a slow pace and we could face a battle to win 1-0.

So I am going for an early goal and 3-0 but with my fingers crossed for that early goal.

Reina
Johnson       Skrtel       Carra       Aurelio

Kuyt           Gerrard     Masch      Reina

Benny   Torres

Reina at Gk and LM? 

interesting  :D
JoeTerp

Postby Dundalk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:46 pm

Hes that good :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:02 pm

3 points is all I want, good play and many goals would be a bonus.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby CoolWhipKid » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 pm

This will be us at our best. I predict 5-0 Torres (3) Gerrard (2)
CoolWhipKid

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:31 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:I think it will be the usual parked bus against us in this one. They were hammered by Everton, but played most of their reserves, and wont be THAT easy against us. Early goal and we could have an easy 3-0 win, set off at a slow pace and we could face a battle to win 1-0.

So I am going for an early goal and 3-0 but with my fingers crossed for that early goal.

Reina
Johnson       Skrtel       Carra       Aurelio

Kuyt           Gerrard     Masch      Reina

Benny   Torres

Reina at Gk and LM? 

interesting  :D

:laugh: Obviously I meant Lucas in goal Joe.  :D

I meant Riera mate, next time I will pick Babel there and save myself a little confusion  :D
account deleted by request

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Feckin spaces, screw it :D
SupitsJonF

Postby redhayesy » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:37 pm

TheLad wrote:3 points is all I want, good play and many goals would be a bonus.

totally agree mate,3 points is a must keep the pressure on,we can work on our performances as we go,consistancy in results will happen i'm confident of that with Raffa sticking to the same side in the league this will continue.

with the likes of insua playing well i'd stick with him an let Aurellio fight for his place. i'd also stick with JC & MS at the back, as i wouldn't rush agger back to soon because of his history of injury when coming back to soon as in the past.

Babel still needs to show desire more consistantly before i'd play him on a regular basis, hopefully the penny has finally dropped with him! Yossi has been the perfect example of what is required as a squad player needs to do if selection changes need or have to be made.

what has impressed me with the side recently is the team spirit we have shown to stick together an get the 3 points. & as iv'e said before hopefully we have learned big lessons from last year an create chances from the kick off an take our chances when on top in a game,i'm confident this will happen against Hull.

COME ON YOU MIGHTY REDS!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:03 am

lets :censored: them up
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:48 am

Make them get an on-field talking at half time :D

Or win it 1-0, 3 points is all I ask.  Put me to sleep if that's what it takes  :p
SupitsJonF

Postby Fauxy » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:30 am

Gillett will be at anfield for this match
Fauxy

Postby Gerrard30391 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:57 pm

Fauxy wrote:Gillett will be at anfield for this match

So will someone by the name of Adam Leeder (aka me!)

Havent been for 5 years so im bouncing!
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games