Man city v the redmen - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:21 pm

I was supposed to be on my way to Manchester but i woke up this morning .well in the middle of the night dying with flu , me heads killing me and i cant go , :censored: gutted ,
Anyway weve got Man city , there brewsterd were skint. There missing Tevez were still missing Fernando, Win today im sure would see us go back into fourth, Thats all really

Come on you mighty reds ,sniff sniff
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Sorry to hear you cant go Nanny

Whats happening with this forum?

Match thread for a hugh game like his is only started 3 hours before the match ??? ??? ???

Anyway, we cant afford to lose this one, a draw wouldn't be a terrible result but i have a feeling we can sneak a win. Hopefully Yossi will be on the bench if needed, we have lacked creativity in our last few matches especially in the game during the week. Viera is out for them and with a bit of luck Bellamy wont be playing - he has been in fantastic form for them this season.

We have been defending better in the last few games so Im going to go for a 1-0 win for us
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:04 pm

or theres 450 replies 2 things down
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Thats the thread when we played them at home in November!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rockthekop » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:19 pm

We can't afford to lose but we could really do with the 3pts.

Rafa will have team set up not to lose as always but it would be nice to take the game to them.

I'd rather we try and win the game and lose than sit back and lose or draw.

I reckon it will be a score draw.
Rockthekop

Postby Fauxy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:23 pm

If we had Torres we I would be confident of beating them....   But since we dont im gonna say draw
Fauxy

Postby JC_81 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:26 pm

If we score first we can win the game, if they do we definitely won't win the game.  Unfortunately we don't have a lot of goals in us without Torres so the first goal is vitally important.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:36 pm

Anyone heard if Tevez is playing? This is going to be a tough game but looking at how Mancini has set he is almost like Rafa in the sense that he plays with so many defensive midfielders.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:40 pm

oh...lol... so this is the official thread? Man we suck!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Manchester City midfielder Patrick Vieira will begin a three-match ban against Liverpool after accepting an FA charge of violent conduct.

Carlos Tevez is still in Argentina following the premature birth of his daughter, but Craig Bellamy could play despite an ongoing knee problem.

Liverpool are hopeful that midfielder Yossi Benayoun will recover from the broken rib he suffered in mid-January.

Alberto Aquilani returned from illness for Thursday's Europa league victory.

Manchester City (from): Given, Taylor, Richards, Zabaleta, Onuoha, Toure, Lescott, Boyata, Garrido, Sylvinho, Bridge, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Barry, De Jong, Ibrahim, A Johnson, Bellamy, Adebayor.

Suspended: Vieira (three matches) Doubtful: Bellamy (knee)

Injured/unavailable: M Johnson & Petrov (both knee), Kompany (groin), Tevez (personal reasons)

Liverpool (from): Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Carragher, Insua, Gerrard, Lucas, Aquilani, Rodriguez, Riera, Benayoun, Ngog, Kuyt, Cavalieri, Pacheco, Spearing, Babel, Aurelio, Degen.

Suspended: Kyrgiakos (two matches) Doubtful: Benayoun (rib)

Injured: Johnson & Torres (both knee)

Head-to-head

• Manchester City are winless against Liverpool in the last nine meetings (D4, L5).

• In the last 15 encounters they have not been separated by more than one goal.

• Roberto Mancini lost both his previous matches against Liverpool - his Inter Milan side losing 2-0 at Anfield and 1-0 at home in the Champions League two years ago.

Manchester City

• They are unbeaten at home in all competitions since losing to Fulham in April (W16, D4).

• City's current six-match winning streak at home is their longest in the league since a club record nine successive victories from August to December 2007.

• Roberto Mancini has lost three of his 13 games in charge - one defeat more than predecessor Mark Hughes suffered in 21 games this season.

• Shaun Wright-Phillips is poised to make his 200th Premier League appearance for Manchester City. He has scored 34 goals in 199 league games for the club in two spells.

Liverpool

• They have earned 17 points from their last eight games, a tally surpassed only by Manchester United.

• However, Liverpool have only won one of their last six away matches - and failed to score in four of them.

• They are looking to avoid back-to-back league defeats for the first time in four months.

• The Reds have not conceded in the first half of their last eight league matches.

Referee: Peter Walton

Assistant referees: Adam Watts & Simon Long

Fourth official: Kevin Friend
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:42 pm

hmm

dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shawnk » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:45 pm

They haven't lost at home this season but I hope we can be the first team handing them one.
But realistically, I doubt we will win it unless there's a miracle happened somewhere.
shawnk

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:50 pm

My match thread is good , lol Shut it Daws, im sick

Liverpool’s Dirk Kuyt has raised the stakes for today’s top four showdown by taunting big-spending Manchester City.

“You can’t buy our ­history,” the Dutchman ­declared in a provocative jibe at City, the wealthiest club in the world.

And in a calculated act of brinkmanship, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez ­challenged City’s new regime to prove they can beat his team to that precious fourth Champions League place.

City, bolstered by their Abu Dhabi riches, have emerged as genuine contenders for ­Europe’s premier club ­competition.

But Kuyt believes that ­Liverpool have a priceless treasure that he would never trade for City’s fortunes.

He said: “I would always go for Liverpool before City’s money.

“The history of Liverpool is much, much bigger.

“It is very difficult to buy the history of Liverpool.

“Every now and again you see a Manchester City or, a few years ago, Chelsea – clubs doing things like this. It ­happens. But it’s not the same when a club just throws money at it. I’m very proud to be a Liverpool player.”

City have shown they are prepared to pay huge fees and salaries in a bid to fast-track success, but Kuyt maintains most ­players will be attracted by the prospect of medals rather than money.

He said: “I think the most important thing for a player is to win trophies and be ­successful as a football p­layer and at the moment players think they can win trophies with Manchester City.

“Of course they will always think about their family and money, but I don’t think that’s the main concern for most players.

“City have bought some big players during the season and before the season, so definitely they have a better team than last season and we will see how far they have come.

“Everybody knows you can buy quality with your money, but that is football and we’ll just focus on the pitch.

Kuyt believes the value of Liverpool’s more recent ­history in qualifying for the Champions League could be crucial this time.

He admitted: “We have the ­experience to come from this ­position and that is very important.

“But the most ­important thing is we can look at ­ourselves as a lot better than we were a couple of months ago.

“It is a big battle but everybody is looking forward to these kind of games. If we win this game we will be back in it for fourth and if we lose it we have a big ­problem.

“So it’s definitely a big match.”
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:51 pm

lol..soz Nan, we'll win today, and win big. this is the biggest game of our season.

4-1
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sir Roger » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:52 pm

Which interweb site is it on?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games