Man city v the redmen - OFFICIAL THREAD

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:02 pm

You're just repeating what I said however a clear out would include probably 8-10 players from the 25 man immediate first team squad which would cost us to get rid (asset value right offs) and replacement. Plus Rafa and the backroom costs = a financial restructuring which would threaten the stadium.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

heimdall wrote:
Reg wrote:We should be at the stage now of only needing minor tweeks to keep this team on the boil - which is affordable. An overhaul as you suggest would be prohibitively expensive and would no doubt jeopodise the new stadium plans.....

It hurts like héll to admit it but I think Rafa has to go and we have to go the complete restructure route - which is a commercial disaster for the club.

I don't agree, well of course I agree about Rafa going  :D but I don't agree about the major overhaul. I actually thinking we have a good bunch of individual players, some of them absolutely first class, like Reina, Stevie, Johnson and of course Torres. I also think we have some good youngsters knocking on the door. What we don't have is a good team or correct tactics. Sure we are missing some players to complete the jigsaw but what we need most is a manager to get the existing players fired up and a manager who can get the best out of them. We really aren't that far away but it's important we get the right manager in the summer as we won't have Stevie for too many more years.

Oh my god, that's the first time you have posted something that i totally agree with  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Reg wrote:You're just repeating what I said however a clear out would include probably 8-10 players from the 25 man immediate first team squad which would cost us to get rid (asset value right offs) and replacement. Plus Rafa and the backroom costs = a financial restructuring which would threaten the stadium.

well I'm not but for the sake of avoiding another argument, I'm glad we finally agree on something  :D
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
heimdall wrote:
Reg wrote:We should be at the stage now of only needing minor tweeks to keep this team on the boil - which is affordable. An overhaul as you suggest would be prohibitively expensive and would no doubt jeopodise the new stadium plans.....

It hurts like héll to admit it but I think Rafa has to go and we have to go the complete restructure route - which is a commercial disaster for the club.

I don't agree, well of course I agree about Rafa going  :D but I don't agree about the major overhaul. I actually thinking we have a good bunch of individual players, some of them absolutely first class, like Reina, Stevie, Johnson and of course Torres. I also think we have some good youngsters knocking on the door. What we don't have is a good team or correct tactics. Sure we are missing some players to complete the jigsaw but what we need most is a manager to get the existing players fired up and a manager who can get the best out of them. We really aren't that far away but it's important we get the right manager in the summer as we won't have Stevie for too many more years.

Oh my god, that's the first time you have posted something that i totally agree with  :D

You have no idea how little I care  :p  :p   :D
heimdall

Postby kunilson » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:41 pm

well im not going to predict what happens to us if we finish fourth or dont....cos no-one can claim to have predicted what happened to us this season. if they do they are fkin lying.

But ive seen enough of us play "back to basics" football if you like, and hoping to not lose rather than win away.......home form has been slightly improving. Now Man city is out the way, we should be looking to win every game now. obviously the man u and chelsea games we will probably see what we saw yesterday.

so i hope that we play with a little less caution now, and take more risks.....which will be helped with the return of key players and hopefully no more injuries.

wasnt disappointed with the result yesterday, thats what this season has come to i guess, even thought we could have nicked it in the end but like i said, i look forward to a more positive approach from us in our remaining games now.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Worse than the disastrous days of Souness as a manager? That in my opinion is where Benitez is at. He has clearly run out of ideas and I only think that his hugely inflated salary is the reason he is going through the motions. Recent performances, including the games we actually won, have been awful.

When you have seven defensive players in the team without the ability to go forward or create anything then quite obviously you have a problem. And you have a bigger problem when Reinna is the only player out of the four defenders plus Mascherano and Lucas that has any imagination. But if that isn't bad enough Benitez has left himself so short of strikers that he has had to rely on the thoroughly uselss Ngog. 6 goals in 23 matches from a pure striking role and still Kuyt gets all the flack!

If anybody still believes that Benitez is the man for the job then good luck !!!!!!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 pm

hey devaney welcome back mate, lets hope you last longer than BigMick did ! :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:35 pm

Worse than souness days ?!?!? do you mean the days when we were regulary in the bottom half of the table and finishing no higher than 6 th i think and even as low as 13th at one stage - yes its a disapointing season but lets not go overboard .
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Disappointed from Lewisham  says :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:43 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Disappointed from Lewisham  says :D

:laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:48 am

bigmick wrote:You could argue that if we do manage to grab fourth, our problems really do start. If we don't, even the most ardent fan of the manager would surely accept that failure to get past Lyon and Fiorentina in the Champions League, defeat at home by Reading in the FA Cup, outside the top four in the league as well as an early exit in the Carling Cup is a bad enough season to warrant changing the manager. I say that fully aware that some are so desperate to proven right that they would see us relegated before finally accepting what they know in their heart of hearts, but accepting of it or not publically they'd know it just as they surely know it already.

On the other hand, if we do get fourth then we'll probably have to endure yet another season with not hope in our hearts but despair. It may well be that winning the league is impossible given our finances, but we must surely be able to muster up a team which can play with sufficient verve to see off the likes of Reading, and can go to the likes of wolves expecting to win. Sometimes you have to endure a little pain in order to move forwards. Under our present circumstances, we may be in such a boat.

Now then, c*nt - you don't know anything, so I strongly suggest you shut your daft old clap-ridden trap before you embarrass yourself.

Don't EVER say you know how others feel, you self-obsessed piece of sh*t.

Rafa is 10 times the man you will ever be, and he WILL rectify this situation.

Hopefully, someone will rectify you, too.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:23 am

bigmick wrote:Thanks for the welcome back Reg. The fact is that the answer to our problem may well be impossible, in that winning the league is out of our reach. That said, we might as well go for it by changing the manager, at least we could go about it with verve and renewed hope, whereas if we stay with him we are sticking with a fatally busted flush. The time for a change has long since been and gone, failure to make that change in the Summer would be criminally negligent.

BM's been banned   :O

What could be more criminally negligent than selling the family silverware to the no-hoper yanks - not only were we lagging behind our competitorS, now the likes of Manc City are laudably better endowed then the 'great' Liverpool FC. A bit like the 'Great' in Britain disappearing over the horizon, we are in the midst of decay...

and then there's coming 2nd last year,  a freak of nature, the sustained injuries this season... and Rafa Benitez SUBJECTED to juggling between, managing the club's financial affairs and shopping in Morrisons... any 'buy-one get-one freebies' for our Rafa.., oh and he's fighting the media frenzy about his tenure... lord have I just logged on to a tabloid.. or am I really amongst LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB SUPPORTERS !  SURELY NOT  :no
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:32 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bigmick wrote:You could argue that if we do manage to grab fourth, our problems really do start. If we don't, even the most ardent fan of the manager would surely accept that failure to get past Lyon and Fiorentina in the Champions League, defeat at home by Reading in the FA Cup, outside the top four in the league as well as an early exit in the Carling Cup is a bad enough season to warrant changing the manager. I say that fully aware that some are so desperate to proven right that they would see us relegated before finally accepting what they know in their heart of hearts, but accepting of it or not publically they'd know it just as they surely know it already.

On the other hand, if we do get fourth then we'll probably have to endure yet another season with not hope in our hearts but despair. It may well be that winning the league is impossible given our finances, but we must surely be able to muster up a team which can play with sufficient verve to see off the likes of Reading, and can go to the likes of wolves expecting to win. Sometimes you have to endure a little pain in order to move forwards. Under our present circumstances, we may be in such a boat.

Now then, c*nt - you don't know anything, so I strongly suggest you shut your daft old clap-ridden trap before you embarrass yourself.

Do you know Rafa do you ?

Do you know mick ?

If the answer to both is no then pipe down.

And how do you rectify the situation ? Even if we do sneak fourth this season has been a disgrace not only by the shocking results but also the performances in the victories.
We lost home more than half our champions league games, got knocked out of the FA cup by a side that are struggling to stay in the championship and were out of the title race by christmas.

Has Rafa lowered your expectations THAT much that you see grabbing 4th as rectifying things ?

Because it hasnt mine  :no
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby heimdall » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:55 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Lando_Griffin wrote:

Do you know Rafa do you ?

Do you know mick ?

If the answer to both is no then pipe down.

And how do you rectify the situation ? Even if we do sneak fourth this season has been a disgrace not only by the shocking results but also the performances in the victories.
We lost home more than half our champions league games, got knocked out of the FA cup by a side that are struggling to stay in the championship and were out of the title race by christmas.

Has Rafa lowered your expectations THAT much that you see grabbing 4th as rectifying things ?

Because it hasnt mine  :no

Well said  :bowdown

Rafa, 10 times the man that BM is! I feel I know BM much better than I know Rafa, in fact I haven't got the faintest idea what makes our esteemed manager tick and I doubt you do either. In any case I don't know either one well enough to make such a sweeping and banal statement as you did and I would certainly never wish ill on either of them, you are a disgrace Lando!  :veryangry
heimdall

Postby puroresu » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:04 pm

kunilson wrote:well im not going to predict what happens to us if we finish fourth or dont....cos no-one can claim to have predicted what happened to us this season. if they do they are fkin lying.

But ive seen enough of us play "back to basics" football if you like, and hoping to not lose rather than win away.......home form has been slightly improving. Now Man city is out the way, we should be looking to win every game now. obviously the man u and chelsea games we will probably see what we saw yesterday.

so i hope that we play with a little less caution now, and take more risks.....which will be helped with the return of key players and hopefully no more injuries.

wasnt disappointed with the result yesterday, thats what this season has come to i guess, even thought we could have nicked it in the end but like i said, i look forward to a more positive approach from us in our remaining games now.

Do you honestly belive this is going to happen?  Remember this is the same side that played in a negative way v Wolves.
puroresu

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games