LIVERPOOL v Fulham Sun 3rd Dec 2pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:48 am

woof woof ! » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:53 pm wrote:Just saw the goal highlights. Kellerher looked all over the place, possibly the worst I've ever seen from him .

Couldn't watch the match properly so only saw brief highlights but all 3 goals were Fulham players being allowed to get efforts on goal from within the 6 yard box. No howlers in there. Kelleher's crime is that he's not Allison, the best goal keeper in the world. We do give away too many big chances. If we want to become a title winning team again we'll need to improve defensively, starting by taking care of the ball better.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:08 am

devaney » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:08 pm wrote:Great result which was made even better by City dropping points at home for the second game in succession !! Girlieola looked like he was going to blow a gasket. Great to see them on the end of a terrible piece of refereeing that prevented an almost certain winning goal towards the end of the game  :laugh: Let’s just hope it results in them losing out on the title by 2 points - Karma can be a right bitch !! Not going to have a go at anyone. The conditions were awful. Fantastic goals. Trent has definitely the role of vice captain very seriously. Tremendous game today and I’m giving him both of the goals. It’s taken a while to find a replacement for Gerrard and in Trent we may just have found one !!

It’s the first time I ever see City on the end of a bad decision, to be fair it was Grealish with the one on one with the keeper, definitely not a certain goal.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:13 am

Eagle » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:48 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:53 pm wrote:Just saw the goal highlights. Kellerher looked all over the place, possibly the worst I've ever seen from him .

Couldn't watch the match properly so only saw brief highlights but all 3 goals were Fulham players being allowed to get efforts on goal from within the 6 yard box. No howlers in there. Kelleher's crime is that he's not Allison, the best goal keeper in the world. We do give away too many big chances. If we want to become a title winning team again we'll need to improve defensively, starting by taking care of the ball better.

I think this is correct, allowing shots from the six yard box is never really the goalies fault. To be fair it was the first time he didn’t look like a fantastic keeper, up until this season I never saw him look shaky. I still think is one of the better keepers in the league, this run of games will tell us a lot because the PL is different from cup games.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:02 am

:laugh:  :laugh:
kazza » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:08 am wrote:
devaney » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:08 pm wrote:Great result which was made even better by City dropping points at home for the second game in succession !! Girlieola looked like he was going to blow a gasket. Great to see them on the end of a terrible piece of refereeing that prevented an almost certain winning goal towards the end of the game  :laugh: Let’s just hope it results in them losing out on the title by 2 points - Karma can be a right bitch !! Not going to have a go at anyone. The conditions were awful. Fantastic goals. Trent has definitely the role of vice captain very seriously. Tremendous game today and I’m giving him both of the goals. It’s taken a while to find a replacement for Gerrard and in Trent we may just have found one !!

It’s the first time I ever see City on the end of a bad decision, to be fair it was Grealish with the one on one with the keeper, definitely not a certain goal.

I did say almost Kazza  :laugh: If Grealish didn’t score his £100m price tag would look even worse than it already does !! Perhaps the ref was doing him a favour  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:00 pm

It feels as though we're shipping a lot of goals at the moment but in reality only Arsenal have conceded less in the league! Even Citeh have conceded 2 more.
Funny old game, Saint.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:01 pm

Devaney - the ref was the same ref that scrubbed the Diaz goal ALSO against Spurs. I've got a sneaky thought he may well be a spurs fan. He's stopped both City & us from taking points of Spurs. Something fishy going on with that corrupt b@stardo
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:06 pm

I thought Trent and Endo , VDD were good
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:51 pm

kazza » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:13 am wrote:
Eagle » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:48 pm wrote:

I think this is correct, allowing shots from the six yard box is never really the goalies fault. To be fair it was the first time he didn’t look like a fantastic keeper, up until this season I never saw him look shaky. I still think is one of the better keepers in the league, this run of games will tell us a lot because the PL is different from cup games.

I don't know about that. The last time he started a PL game he shipped 4 goals against Southampton so that's 7 in two PL starts. Sounds shaky to me.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:27 pm

When you look back at that season we won the league it wasn’t as if we steamrolled teams left right and centre, there was a hell of a lot of 2-1 wins and very nervy last 10 minutes.
We are clearly not firing on all cylinders atm but we sit in second place and have played the likes of City, Chelsea, Newcastle & Tottenham all away from home. We are in a trrrific position, no team plays well week in week out for 9 solid months, winning the title is about getting it done wether you are playing well or not which is what we are managing to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:06 am

If you look at the leagues we won in the 1970's and 80's it was always done the hard way, never easy.
Position          Games W     D      L      Season
1 Liverpool  42 23 11 8 76/77
2 Liverpool 42 24 9 9      77/78
1 Liverpool 42 30 8 4 78/79
1 Liverpool  42 25 10 7      79/80
5 Liverpool 42 17 17 8 80/81
1 Liverpool  42 26 9 7      81/82

Looking at those league standings, it's interesting to see just how many games sides lost in a season - hence the football was more exciting than today when a side can go all season losing just 1-2-3 games.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:37 pm

Eagle » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:48 am wrote:

Well mate we will just have to disagree on this. I re-watched the goals several times  and imo both of Fulhams first two goals were very savable, for christ's sake, the first one went through Kellehers legs . Do agree however that Kelleher is not Alisson  :D

Have another look  :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOpSuCRIchA

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Kelleher is no Alisson but he’s better than he is currently showing, a clean sheet or two will settle him down
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:07 am

woof woof ! » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:37 am wrote:
Eagle » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:48 am wrote:

Well mate we will just have to disagree on this. I re-watched the goals several times  and imo both of Fulhams first two goals were very savable, for christ's sake, the first one went through Kellehers legs . Do agree however that Kelleher is not Alisson  :D

Have another look  :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOpSuCRIchA

Seeing that again Woof I don’t think he was at fault for any of the goals, even the one that went through his legs, ball came in fast and had he saved it it would have been a great Allison type save. Something I didn’t notice before was Tsimikas out jumping Reed for the final goal as he was out jumped for Fulham’s third, then Reed ( who had just done the same thing) claiming he was fouled.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games