LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:42 pm

Weather? Come on now thats a lame execuse. They didn't perform well at the back, and it must be acknoweledged.

Rafael Benitez declared himself very happy with Liverpool's Merseyside derby victory over Everton but admitted his team can play a lot better.
Benitez said the 3-1 win over Everton was not Liverpool's best performance of the season but added that confidence is high in his team.

Benitez said: "I am very happy but at times in the first half Everton caused us problems in the air and we were not winning second balls. We can play a lot better and have played better this season.

"The team is playing well and with confidence. We knew before the game it would be physical and we knew what to do. The whole team worked hard, everybody.

"We started at a high tempo and we knew they would make some mistakes and we wanted to take advantage of that.

"The big difference for us this season is we know how to handle the physical games and we have players like Sissoko, Crouch and Reina who have helped us do that.

"Crouch is playing well and scoring goals for us and I'm very happy with him but the most important thing is he continues to play well. Before the game I wanted to use two different kinds of players against Everton and play Cisse with Crouch. Cisse has the pace and can run into wide areas and Crouch is good in the air and can hold the ball up.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:47 pm

A.B. wrote:Weather? Come on now thats a lame execuse. They didn't perform well at the back, and it must be acknoweledged.

Rafael Benitez declared himself very happy with Liverpool's Merseyside derby victory over Everton but admitted his team can play a lot better.
Benitez said the 3-1 win over Everton was not Liverpool's best performance of the season but added that confidence is high in his team.

Benitez said: "I am very happy but at times in the first half Everton caused us problems in the air and we were not winning second balls. We can play a lot better and have played better this season.

"The team is playing well and with confidence. We knew before the game it would be physical and we knew what to do. The whole team worked hard, everybody.

"We started at a high tempo and we knew they would make some mistakes and we wanted to take advantage of that.

"The big difference for us this season is we know how to handle the physical games and we have players like Sissoko, Crouch and Reina who have helped us do that.

"Crouch is playing well and scoring goals for us and I'm very happy with him but the most important thing is he continues to play well. Before the game I wanted to use two different kinds of players against Everton and play Cisse with Crouch. Cisse has the pace and can run into wide areas and Crouch is good in the air and can hold the ball up.

Benitez is always looking for perfection and thats why i like him. He will improve our team! it was a good win tonight and a good goal from Crouch, Gerrard and Cisse.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:49 pm

We are easily capable of turning over west brom and even more so when you look at our record against them in recent years, 5-0 and 3-0 last season and a 6-0 a couple of seasons ago. The bolton game will be very tricky. They are a very well structured side and will cause us problems
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:52 pm

Yes Bolton will be tricky, they are dangerous in the air and from set pieces. They don't have a good record at home, but they are dangerous non the less.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby metalhead » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:55 pm

A.B. wrote:Yes Bolton will be tricky, they are dangerous in the air and from set pieces. They don't have a good record at home, but they are dangerous non the less.

Agree.. they will be a really dangerous tie, we need to be careful at the end of the game, because they like to nick a goal at the end
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:57 pm

Any bitter shite fans logged on here tonight?
jonnymac1979

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:59 pm

Cisse Cisse, alez allez allez allez, cisse cisse
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:01 am

great result, considering it was a derby i thought we controlled the game pretty well , the bs ended up resorting to hoofing it up the park which gave the defence a few problems , but i'm not going to slag anyone off beccause it's another 3 points in the bag and that's all that should concern us,we got beat in this game last year and i think everyone would agree we are a much better team than this time last year,we scored 3 very good goals and pretty much played them off the park in the second half ,so lets keep the run going and see if we can get another 6 points in the next 2 games.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:03 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Any bitter shite fans logged on here tonight?

Nope.  :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:09 am

jonnymac1979 wrote:Any bitter shite fans logged on here tonight?

Not unless they're in disguise. I'd suggest they're drowing their sorrows and propping each other up with, "we was robbed" type bleatings.   :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:14 am

Any bitter :censored: fans logged on here tonight?

sadly not.......i'd love to hear how "the best team lost"  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:18 am

Well done lads another 3 ponts, feck that clean sheet off right away.
Undefeated is the best.
And we beat the bitter blue nosed c. :censored:s :buttrock so its all good, feck off everton bitter shower of b@stards.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:25 am

Great result.

Manhattan is pleased.

Both Everscum players deserved to get sent off, especially Quasimodo Neville.

Ridiculous comments from Andy Gray on Sky, who apparently can't tell the difference between a LFC player's leg and the ball.

With Wankchester United drawing and Spurs losing, generally a good night.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 am

Gray was so biased tonight it was untrue.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:34 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Any bitter :censored: fans logged on here tonight?

sadly not.......i'd love to hear how "the best team lost"  :D

I've been on Bluekipper for the last half hour.  You should hear them, they all wanted Moyes' resignation at half time. 

They're a shower of shit aren't they?
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games