EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - Mersyside derby  , 29/11/09 , 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 pm

A Derby is a Derby. Liverpool-Everton might be a genuine derby but it's a derby.

And in those matches what's important is to win. ANd in this games you really don't notice too much what position is occupying your rival in the table. How you win, doesn't matter. Those are not games to analyse nor to jump into conclussions.

I have seen many mercenaries kissing the badge and showing it with pride, but I have to admit that watching Mascherano doing that fed some hopes that he might want to stick around after all. I hope he stays, we need him.
We won, end of.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 pm

the reserves haven't had a game for a couple weeks, and they don't have any games in December.  I think the last game they played was on the same day or day after a CL game that Aquilani had to be on the bench for simply because we were so low on bodies.

Rafa said that his ankle has been fine for a while, but he is terribly short on match fitness.  The plan was to put him in games as early as possible once we have it sewn up, but we haven't been doing that at all lately so its been really hard to get him in.  A lot of times we have been desperately trying to hold on to a lead, which is not an ideal time to make a change at CM and put in someone who is going to inevitably be behind the pace.

Hopefully he will get a 30 min. sub appearance agaisnt Blackburn and a start against Fiorentina, and then will be ready to start in PL matches.
JoeTerp

Postby Fauxy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Ah yes i forgot to mention that header from Insua met from the great cross from glen...

Ive always rated insua as a potential world class full back. That header however was very new, ive never seen him do that before and it was very very impressive. His run was perfectly timed and hes quite short but leapt way above yobo and was unlucky not to score.

He is convincing me that he has a big future ahead of him...
Fauxy

Postby fivecups » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 pm

JoeTerp wrote:the reserves haven't had a game for a couple weeks, and they don't have any games in December.  I think the last game they played was on the same day or day after a CL game that Aquilani had to be on the bench for simply because we were so low on bodies.

Rafa said that his ankle has been fine for a while, but he is terribly short on match fitness.  The plan was to put him in games as early as possible once we have it sewn up, but we haven't been doing that at all lately so its been really hard to get him in.  A lot of times we have been desperately trying to hold on to a lead, which is not an ideal time to make a change at CM and put in someone who is going to inevitably be behind the pace.

Hopefully he will get a 30 min. sub appearance agaisnt Blackburn and a start against Fiorentina, and then will be ready to start in PL matches.

Makes some sense that Joe.

Why the hell do the reserves not play during December?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:36 pm

JoeTerp wrote:the reserves haven't had a game for a couple weeks, and they don't have any games in December.  I think the last game they played was on the same day or day after a CL game that Aquilani had to be on the bench for simply because we were so low on bodies.

Thanks for the info Joe. I didn't realise the reserves had no games mate, puts the kybosh on my cunning plan though.
account deleted by request

Postby The Real Deal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:47 am

Rubbish display from LFC, completely flattering result. Blue scum deserved a draw at least. but considering we woz playing a bunch of retards.. we got off lighlty.

never created a chance the whole game.! so depressing.

i just wondering if we should jointly join everton and beg for spare change on the streets, for the funds for a joint new stadium lol.

i was so depressed ona cold wet english afternoon i was  like this after the match;... shall I have a beer, or shall i cut my wrists lol.

whole game pile of tosh

ha ha.
Last edited by The Real Deal on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Real Deal

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:51 am

If I hadn't taken 13/5 half time full time on a decent bet with Ladbrokes I would have fallen asleep! Everton must think, with some justification, that they are the unluckiest team in the world! We were utter utter :censored:! Time for massive change starting with the owners followed by Rafa and then most of an incredibly sub standard squad of useless money grabbing lazy b.astards!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:37 am

The Real Deal wrote:Rubbish display from LFC, completely flattering result. Blue scum deserved a draw at least. but considering we woz playing a bunch of retards.. we got off lighlty.

never created a chance the whole game.! so depressing.

i just wondering if we should jointly join everton and beg for spare change on the streets, for the funds for a joint new stadium lol.

i was so depressed ona cold wet english afternoon i was  like this after the match;... shall I have a beer, or shall i cut my wrists lol.

whole game pile of tosh

ha ha.

Mate, your in a dark place at the minute! Go talk to someone about it or something?

Also, how did we score two goals without creating a single chance???
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:09 am

you could tell that we're still lacking confidence. i thought everton were the better team for the majority of the game. just makes a nice chenge for us to get a bit of luck for once.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Aimed at both Real Deal and Devaney - it was a derby - what sort of game did you expect ? it wasnt the greatest game in the world but we were certainly nowhere near as poor as both of you are stating - and how can we create no chances but still score two goals ???
Benny The Noon

Postby aCe' » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:08 pm

tbh, Everton seems to kick it around a fair bit in the first half and enjoyed near total domination at some stages...Remember the possession was 80-20 in their favor and they were played some good attacking football and creating chances... But then again saying its a derby and it was always going to be tough to pass it around and create things was always going to be a good excuse even before a ball was kicked...
2nd half we looked more comfortable, especially after the introduction of Benny and Riera, maybe them running out of steam helped a bit too...

Anyways, our performance in that game didnt matter one bit, we got the result and that was what we needed the most... Is it a worry for future games though ? im not so sure either, but i think that our performance levels depend to a large extent on the personnel we put out on the day... Hopefully we'll put out a better side in games to come and we'll end up getting similar results while playing a little better...

Oh and we hardly created anything in that game... played on the counter and relied heavily on Ngog holding the ball up when he got it... only chance worth mentioning is the Insua header from a Johnson dribble down the right.. One of the goals was a wicked deflection and the 2nd was a counter after Everton had given up on defending..
Lets not get overly deluded here, was a good win no doubt about it but to try and suggest we outplayed Everton or that we created chances to win it the way we did is just ridiculous... We rode quite a bit of luck and came away with the result we wanted, credit to Reina, Carra, Mascherano, Lucas..etc for their defensive work, but going forward the team was dire to say the least until Benny and Riera came on to provide something a little different when going forward...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Aimed at both Real Deal and Devaney - it was a derby - what sort of game did you expect ? it wasnt the greatest game in the world but we were certainly nowhere near as poor as both of you are stating - and how can we create no chances but still score two goals ???

It was fkgn dire - get to Specsavers !!! lol
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby beng » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Rate players' performance in game versus EVERTON
http://www.voteplayers.com/Matches....90.aspx
beng

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:52 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I have seen a lot of people angry about Aquilani lately. I think people need to read/watch Rafa's interview in the build up where he describes his thinking behind his treatment of Aquilani.  There is a clear method to it, and it certainly was not his plan to have him not playing this late in the season.

A method to the madness? Please quote or expand because I often switch off if I see Rafa's gob open these days

JoeTerp wrote:And on our luck, 1) either you make you own luck, or we deserved to have some luck based on how unlucky we had been in the past, so its a non issue for me

Shouldn't be close enough to need to rely on luck. So we conceded a goal that should never have been against Sunderland, we lost because we didn't score and if we scored two as often as we should then we would lose few, win most and only draw a few. Trying to defend 1-0 leads is one thing I truly hate, not being good enough to score when we're on top goes hand in hand with it

JoeTerp wrote:also people keep hapring on some of Everton's chances, well how about Insua's header at the end of the 1st half, that was a really good chance.  How about when Lucas was ran over by Distin who then handled the ball the area?  We had two cases for a penalty on one play. Although Everton had the upper hand in play, they were not making chance after chance after chance.

They had enough clear chances, two offside, a couple of poor misses. Sure we didn't just rely on a deflection and a Kuyt tap-in, but we could have been beaten bigtime on a worse day.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 pm

stmichael wrote:you could tell that we're still lacking confidence. i thought everton were the better team for the majority of the game. just makes a nice chenge for us to get a bit of luck for once.

8 wins in the last 10 at the pit did I hear somewhere?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games