LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Madmax » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:26 am

great win... common redmen
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:33 am

A good battling performance and a great win, back in the top 4 lets hope we stay there
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:04 am

bavlondon wrote:Image

Feckin Dirk Kuyt! My dutch hero  :buttrock  :laugh:

He may not have those feckin silky skills but he embodies the Liverpool spirit...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:45 am

All credit to the lads, Dirk, Maxi, The Greek, great game all round. 3 valu-issimo ponts just when we need them.

Derbies are never gloroius but as I said before the winner is the one who wants to win it more and today it was the reds.

Thanks the pics Bav.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:51 am

What a massive win, I was at work today but just finished watching the game and echo what most everyone said on here.  Masch MoTM followed closely by Kuyt.  Greek shouldn't have been sent off as it was a week two footed challenge but understandably sent off for it I guess.  No time for a long post but I'm happy for all the players we worked hard, didn't stoop to their level and reaped the benefits, oh and :censored: you Fellani!
Zidane

Postby azriahmad » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 am

Great win as we played with only 10 men for almost 1 hour.

Mascherano gets much more time on the ball now compared to when he is just "a destroyer" when Xabi Alonso played in the team, and it seems that Mascherano is now relishing it and has grown in stature.

I watched this game live from Malaysia with my 13-year-old son, who is now a firm Liverpool fan. He kept shouting at Ngog everytime he shoots off-target of gets tackled while on the ball.

Pienaar should have been sent off over his wild tackle on Mascherano before our own red card.

Most important is we win and Man City lost while Spurs and Villa drew.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 am

NANNY RED wrote:Just watched that dirty little bluenoses challenge again on Javier , how he stayed on the pitch is unbelievable, and how Javier is not in the ozzie after it  is also unbelievable,  And the other big haired dirty get challenge on our greek fecking hell. Dirk Kuyt i love you ,  :nod That derby today reminded me of Tommy Smith days , all out war proper derby no messin,

I have to say this isn't the first derby of recent times where the red cards have favoured the blueshite. I think even smeegel confessed that Pienus should have been sent off earlier.

Fellaini and Kyrgiakos going off was perhaps the turning point, they played like the side with 10 men and we scored despite playing 2/3 of the match with 10 men. I think the "derby" mentality of the REF plays too big a part, trying to let challenges go early on and you need consistency within a game ffs. Sure you don't want a game to end nine-a-side, but it ended 10-a-side anyway despite trying to coax the players along with a softly softly approach (to start with)

Fellaini I hope will get a retrospective ban for his stamp on Mascherano, maybe the ref was justified in giving the greek his marching orders for the nature of his wild challenge, but I think Fellaini had plenty of time to avoid it and get his studs in. It was a battle throughout, nice to see Dirky boy get his 50th goal in the derby and nice touch by Rafa to take him off to get his applause. That was his fourth goal in 10 games against the bitters, he's not far off the ideal player for this kind of game scrap.

Gotta laugh at them for the goal though, their keeper and defender (Neville?) were so worried about where Kuyt was stood and pushing him out the way that they didn't defend the corner! Much needed three points, next two games are equally important to our season. I'm sure I heard or read somewhere a bitter suggesting that game showed that there is little difference between the two sides! WTF? We're having a poor season and are still TWELVE points ABOVE them, the league table doesn't lie and ONE DERBY with us playing most of it with 10 men being scrappy and 1-0 doesn't mean the two sides are equals. Are citeh Man Utd's equals for only losing 4-3 earlier in the season? Of course not, the table doesn't lie and if you did want to base it on the derbies, then why not the 3-0 aggregate.........................?  :D

Not the greatest performance, good efforts all round and could have been more. Maybe the red cards won't stop at 1-1 either, I hope the FA have the balls to ban Fellaini and not hide behind red tape and say "the ref saw it so we can't act" or some shit like that
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:19 pm

6 Clean sheets out of 7 . We're inching and slowly getting back to form , here's hoping we can carry it on against arsenal and city. Kuyt bashers eat your hearts out , 9 goals in the league from a wide player , find one who is better this season then him
Last edited by Toffeehater on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Get in there Rafa lad , make a fecking show of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7rFjPohp-g :

:laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:08 pm

Missed the game last night but watched the replay today. Wow, that has to be one of the worse officiating I'd seen in a very long time. Can't believe the thing the ref missed as he was right there and just missed it. Unfeckingbelievable. The clown head and Piennar has to be two of the cheapest :censored:. If the league don't penlized these action, this will serve no justice and only encourage more cheap shot like this. Playing hard and tackle hard is one thing but deliberately trying to hurt someone is unacceptable. They also have to make sure the ref knows what he is doing. Will a game anticipated to be a feisty affair, they should have someone better as the officiating was so one sided and inconsistant. I was really proud we won as it was an inspiring victory that I haven't seen in a very long time. We need to keep this up and find a way to win until we get torres back. Great result last night.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:09 pm

i'm sick of beating that lot with 10 men. maybe we can go down to 9 next seaon, give them a chance! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dalglish » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:41 pm

As anyone on Merseyside will tell you the only thing that really matters when it comes to the Derby is winning it !

To win it and play with such determination and battle is a bonus.

The only downside for me was that waste of a talent Babel...........If he put a third the heart into the game as the player he replaced yesterday (N'Gog) then he'd be alright.

However lets not dwell on that, lets just enjoy the fact that we have done the double over our obsessive neighbours :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm

Did anyone see purple aki at the game yesterday? I read on another forum that he ran onto the pitch and someone shouted "Carra cover your muscles"
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:07 am

bavlondon wrote:Did anyone see purple aki at the game yesterday? I read on another forum that he ran onto the pitch and someone shouted "Carra cover your muscles"

Bav there talking about Yakuboo  :laugh: hes the bitters purple aki,  :laugh: im in :censored: bits here  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:45 am

I watched the game "as I could" on match day, and I watched it again in properly yesterday in HD, the only thing missing in the screen was the smell of the pitch :D.

Not a game to comment about football and tactics, about football I'd comment that Liverpool played superbly with ten men.

Everything else was a pure derby. I loved how Carra, Stevie and in general all the team gave stick to that leg breaker Pinneaar who should have been red carded. FFS, when Andy Gray admits it's a red card, then we're talking about a clear one. :angry:

The ref IMHO lost the control of the game in that play and everything else that happened on the pitch was a consequence of his very own mistake. An unforgivable mistake because the ref was very close to the nasty tackle.

I'll probably enjoy the game again today, we needed a bit of this.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games