EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - The derby Saturday 1st oct 12:45 ko.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Dundalk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Delighted with that result, we were a little lucky with the sending off but we hit the post, the crossbar and missed a pen. Delighted for big andy to get on the score sheet.

Roll on United
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:31 pm

Made up, thought Bellamy did great when he came on and Carroll took his goal well.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Bellamy and Suarez in this game were just like Suarez and Raul against Arsenal!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:57 pm

My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:17 pm

Good result but all the recent performance really worry me as it seem we are really lacking in energy and there is no fire in the eyes. Just hope things will improve with Gerrard back in the starting 11. I still feels Adam and Lucas just won't cut it.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Anyone got a link to the goals?
roberto green

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:31 pm

Gerrard can replace Adam, but I actually thought Lucas was fantastic today, and my MOTM.  I can't remember him giving the ball away, and he was winning tackle after tackle.  Very good performance by him today.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:33 pm

ethanr wrote:Gerrard can replace Adam, but I actually thought Lucas was fantastic today, and my MOTM.  I can't remember him giving the ball away, and he was winning tackle after tackle.  Very good performance by him today.

You kidding? I could probably count at least 3 occasions mate. He was sloppy today but the sloppiness was less visible once Gerrard and Bellamy came on.

The only real negative for me was Downing. He started the season quite brightly but seems to be just a passenger now. Bellamy was great when he came on.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:50 pm

tubby wrote:
ethanr wrote:Gerrard can replace Adam, but I actually thought Lucas was fantastic today, and my MOTM.  I can't remember him giving the ball away, and he was winning tackle after tackle.  Very good performance by him today.

You kidding? I could probably count at least 3 occasions mate. He was sloppy today but the sloppiness was less visible once Gerrard and Bellamy came on.

The only real negative for me was Downing. He started the season quite brightly but seems to be just a passenger now. Bellamy was great when he came on.

Have to disagree.  I thought Lucas did really well.  Adam consistently gave the ball away again.  Downing was too quiet for what we hope for him and Kuyt.. Was Kuyt.  Neither Suarez or Carroll had very good games, and probably our best defender today in Enrique was giving the ball away a bit too much.  Kelly was actually quite good today tho.  I'm not saying Lucas was amazing or anything, but I did think he did well, especially compared to everybody else. 

But you are correct, when Bells and Gerrard came on, EVERYBODY got better.

Downing I think has still done well.  When he has the ball he does well, and he works hard on getting back.  THe problem is that he loves to be tucked against the line, and he's been told to stay up against the line, it's where he's best.  We tend to alienate him if we don't play down the line over and over again, because he's one of our best in getting the ball on the attack.  Enrique wasn't as sharp offensively today, and that hurts Downing's performance as well.

I think Bellamy's earned a start to be honest.  Last time he played for city against mancheater he scored a brace.  Why not?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I dont think we played that well and probably havent all season but for a few bit and bobs but we are doing ok points wise really. Few of the boil again today and Downing was anonymous. You cant complain too much after winning the derby but this teams not even played any football yet so you wonder what might be if one or two find their feet. Hopefully Gerrard will be the springboard in the coming weeks.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:13 pm

tubby wrote:

You got it wrong mate ,Lucas was the only player which tried to change the tempo of the game and take it to Everton side with deep crosses. He was among the few which showed the right mindset espcially when they were down to 10 man and everyone continued sleeping on the pitch.

Not that he had a great game but his approach was the right one ,not settle for a draw but go for a win.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby raven_g20 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:15 pm

O MY GOD!!! You people were watching a different game. Definetly. You cant say that Lucas was great. His passing is poor. I mean he cant pass even if his teammate is right next to him. He is a 2nd class DM and thats all. And starting Gerard by leaving Adam in the bench? Are you on drugs or smthin? No way. Lucas stays out and Gerard starts. That i can go with. Perfect team would be Reina, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel(or Agger they both are 2nd to Jamie but what can u do), Kelly (or Johnson), Adam, Gerrard, Bellamy, Dirk, Downing (or Maxi) and Suarez. My 2 p.
raven_g20

Postby redtrader74 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:17 pm

It was a good win today, but the performance was still very ropey. We are not composed on the ball and do not dictate play well enough, if you didn't know, you'd never think the blueshite were down to 10; oh and I thought that Rodwells tackle was reckless and could have done serious damage to Suarez, it may have been a tad harsh but still warranted the red.

Kenny really needs to make decisions a lot quicker and make the changes needed, he waits too long, and they were having at least an equal share of the ball in the second half before the changes, if they had nicked a goal we would have struggeled. Bellamy, who I have never really rated, seems to have matured, and realized that he can look up, and doesn't need to try and beat every player, showed quite a composed manner and is a good option off the bench. Henderon was used as he should have been, actually passed with authority and looked decent for the few minutes he had, which was probably a result of his time on the pitch being pressure free.

Carroll scored, good for him and I hope he continues, but up to that point still looked laboured, out of shape and quite weak. Adam is supposed to be a playmaker and yet does not control the tempo, another player on who the jury is still out. A disjointed game by us, but then derbies can be, but we still have to massively improve our game play/ control, we are not a 'clever' team.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:47 pm

I can understand why evertonians would be really :censored: after this game...but I'll take the points anyway! Well done lads, very ugly win but it had to be done. I really hope we see some better performances from the new guys. For me Bellamy needs to start, drop Adam for Gerrard & use Carroll as a impact player.
killerp

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Ugly performance but a great result. Typical derby fair and it speaks volumes for the way Everton played that our best players were the lads who did the hard yards defending. Enrique was absolutely fantastic but Carra and Skrtel were also superb. As a few guys have said we've got wins away at Everton and Arsenal and have also got Stoke and Spuds outta the way as away fixtures. Delighted to see big Andy get the goal, it'll do him the world of good and I can't wait to see Stevie.G back in the starting line-up again after the international break. How good was it to be able to bring on Stevie and Bellers to shake the game up!?!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games