LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:15 pm

Lionheart wrote:Well done all. We got the boys over the line again. Now you all stay warm in front of the fire with a little heart warmer...I'm off down to the beach for a little R & R!!! :D

:censored: :D
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:15 pm

good result.  What has made it even better, in my opinion, is the fact that we weren't even out of 3rd gear for the whole match.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:15 pm

The big red machine rolls on! Next victim bolton
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Homebooby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:16 pm

Lionheart wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
drummerphil wrote:cant believe we havent gone on and got 4/5.............but good win,we havent played brilliant unlike the first 20 minutes.....but its another 3 points.......and the red machine march on.

Again, this was my thought. I was really hoping to see a really good hammering, 5 or 6 would have been brilliant.

I know that they have to play safe and preserve energy for the rest of the season and all of that, but just once, to see a real hammering would do us all a lot of good I think.

good game though, we looked comfortable generally.

Some questions at the back that a better team might expose if we are not careful

Not sure I agree entirely with ther positive effects a drubbing would achieve, al beit it would be good for us the fans.

Some players might read it as, "ok, we're good, we can take the foot off the pedal now"...and then see complacency creep into the game. Nah, keep it tight and retain the lean, mean fighting machine mentality.

I see your point. I think my point of view is that a lot of the nay sayers have pointed to the fact that our run has come from 'lesser' teams in the league and we are yet to prove ourselves against the big boys.

I realise that this is a cheap and easy way of putting us down when we do well, but a good drubbing of a lesser side such as Everton would start to put those sort of comments to bed.
Homebooby

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:16 pm

No, next is West Brom at home. They surprisingly beat Tottenham 2-0
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 pm

mighty mo wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Well done all. We got the boys over the line again. Now you all stay warm in front of the fire with a little heart warmer...I'm off down to the beach for a little R & R!!! :D

:censored: :D

I'll have a nice cold one just for you Mo!!!  :laugh:

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Homebooby » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 pm

Homebooby wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
drummerphil wrote:cant believe we havent gone on and got 4/5.............but good win,we havent played brilliant unlike the first 20 minutes.....but its another 3 points.......and the red machine march on.

Again, this was my thought. I was really hoping to see a really good hammering, 5 or 6 would have been brilliant.

I know that they have to play safe and preserve energy for the rest of the season and all of that, but just once, to see a real hammering would do us all a lot of good I think.

Some questions at the back that a better team might expose if we are not careful

Not sure I agree entirely with ther positive effects a drubbing would achieve, al beit it would be good for us the fans.

Some players might read it as, "ok, we're good, we can take the foot off the pedal now"...and then see complacency creep into the game. Nah, keep it tight and retain the lean, mean fighting machine mentality.

I see your point. I think my point of view is that a lot of the nay sayers have pointed to the fact that our run has come from 'lesser' teams in the league and we are yet to prove ourselves against the big boys.

I realise that this is a cheap and easy way of putting us down when we do well, but a good drubbing of a lesser side such as Everton would start to put those sort of comments to bed.

........and I would have loved it  :D
Homebooby

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:17 pm

A drobbing would had been nice, but this is a festive period and theres no reason to over do it when there are 2 more games comming up in a short period of time.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:18 pm

oh west brom! is it bolton after them then im sure bolton are there somewhere!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:19 pm

Yeah mate, West Brom Saturday, Bolton on Monday.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:21 pm

Homebooby wrote:
Homebooby wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
Homebooby wrote:

........and I would have loved it  :D

As I say good for the fans. (and so would I btw!!!)  :D

But if we gave Everton a drubbing even to the tune of 5 or 6 they doomsayers would have it as, "well so you should, even Villa knocked them over 4-0".

A 2-0 win over Manc or Chels hit would put those rumors to bed but we can't do that :censored:il we play them. Our time will come!!!  :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:22 pm

liverpool are playing great at the moment  this is the best liverpool team in a long time  chelski will take us as there biggist threat now  its amazing what rafa has done in a short time  :cool:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:22 pm

ah right. Well im very happy with todays performance, another win and another 3 points we need to keep going like this. I was devastated when we conceded that goal after not seeing any goals conceded in 8 games but it had to happen sometime and it was the win that was important. We can start a new run of clean sheets against west brom on saturday!
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby Espionage » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:23 pm

The ref made the line very clear about how tight he was going to call the game, Phil Neville was perhaps a bit unlu cky but Arteta was just stupid. People will look back at the score sheet and have no idea that the game was pretty clean.
Liverpool have been exposed a bit, where we had previously looked so strong,  we looked a bit shakey in the air... Twice Warnock let his man get in good positions (and seemed to get in the way of Hypia) which led to two flick-ons that were very dangerous (one of them resulted in the chance for Beattie that he should have put away).
Warnock played quite well, nice crosses and all-round play, but based on tonight's game, Riise's ariel ability (or grasp of zonal marking) seems to be quite a bit higher.
I was hoping that Warnock was going to establish himself as our new LB but Riise has just been fantastic all season.

Bad luc k on the goal, almost impossible to defend......

Liverpool 3 - 1 Everton Well done boys :;):

Edit: for some reason it is censoring the work l-u-c-k ???
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:24 pm

yeah bring on the west brom,second place looks like its inevitable
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games