LIVERPOOL VS EVERTON - Merseyside derby

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:24 pm

Today was the worst performance the back four have put in, in a long time. They didn't attack headers enough, they lost many aerial battles in the box and thats why we conceded.

The ball should had been cleared before it ever got to Cahil, let alone Beattie.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby andy_g » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:25 pm

i had a feeling that the bitters would be the ones to spoil our record of clean sheets. but, feck it, i´m delighted with our performance tonight even though we should have really turned the screw when they went down to ten men. kewell was excellent and cisse actually kept his head a few times when he was on the ball and his goal was a beauty. it sure feels good to be a red these days

:buttrock

i´m not going to attempt to write anything more intelligent - i´ve had a few beers, see...

:D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:25 pm

After the FA cup 3rd round game against Luton the fixture list becomes very tough again. Man u, chelski, tottenham, arsenal all close to each other. We have to keep winning :censored:il then so we are ready to properly take them all on
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby GOAT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:29 pm

why do players seem to regularly get sent off against us these days! 3 sent off in 2 games!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 pm

GOAT wrote:After the FA cup 3rd round game against Luton the fixture list becomes very tough again. Man u, chelski, tottenham, arsenal all close to each other. We have to keep winning :censored:il then so we are ready to properly take them all on

you are right we do have some hard games to come soon but we should still field a first team in the FA Cup.
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:
GOAT wrote:After the FA cup 3rd round game against Luton the fixture list becomes very tough again. Man u, chelski, tottenham, arsenal all close to each other. We have to keep winning :censored:il then so we are ready to properly take them all on

you are right we do have some hars games to come soon but we should still field a first team in the FA Cup.

Still think Rafa's :censored:?
115-1073096938

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:31 pm

We got:
West Brom H
Bolton A
Tottenham H
Birmingham H
Man Utd A
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stoney » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:32 pm

GOAT wrote:why do players seem to regularly get sent off against us these days! 3 sent off in 2 games!  :D

They cant handle our slick passing  :nod
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:32 pm

A.B. wrote:Today was the worst performance the back four have put in, in a long time. They didn't attack headers enough, they lost many aerial battles in the box and thats why we conceded.

The ball should had been cleared before it ever got to Cahil, let alone Beattie.

Agreed 100%...I don't particularly care that we conceded a goal, it was the way in which it was conceded. We weren't tight, we didn't attack the ball...that has to change with the games coming up against the top flight teams.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:33 pm

All in all a good showing by the boys.  I think the weather may have played a part in our back line losing all those headers.  Good showing by stevie g as usual, and great showing by Harry.  He is playing with quite the grudge on the pitch.  I hope he bags one soon!!!!!
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:34 pm

lakes10 wrote:

you are right we do have some hard games to come soon but we should still field a first team in the FA Cup.

I've gt a funny feeling that we'll win the FA cup this year you know. I think rafa will field a strong team after all the bad press he got from everyone after the burnley defeat. I think know he knows how much the FA cup means to everyone.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:36 pm

stu_the_red wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

you are right we do have some hars games to come soon but we should still field a first team in the FA Cup.

Still think Rafa's :censored:?

he has learnt a lot this year, still a few slips up like the team he put out in the world club final but right now he is making me keep my mouth shut so i am happy.......as lobg as we dont put the kids out in the fa cup and get beat. The FA Cup means a lot to LFC.

by the way love you GIF.
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 pm

Lionheart wrote:
A.B. wrote:Today was the worst performance the back four have put in, in a long time. They didn't attack headers enough, they lost many aerial battles in the box and thats why we conceded.

Agreed 100%...I don't particularly care that we conceded a goal, it was the way in which it was conceded. We weren't tight, we didn't attack the ball...that has to change with the games coming up against the top flight teams.

Yea, a lot of difficult games comming up after FA cup game. Hopefully we will learn from tonight's mistakes, and I'm sure Benitez will point out to the defenders.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lionheart » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:38 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:I think the weather may have played a part in our back line losing all those headers. 

How so??

Boots iced over?? Feet got cold and heavy?? Head went numb??

I don't see you're point...or at least how you arrived at this conclusion.   ???    :)

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:40 pm

Head went numb??

:laugh:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games