EVERTON VS LIVERPOOL - Mersyside derby  , 29/11/09 , 13:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 am

fivecups wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:HAVEUSE EVERT TRED EATIN A KEEBABB WHILER TIPINGF ,IGOT GALIIC SORS ALLL OVER ME TYPER

Classic post Igor mate!  :D  :D

oh dear :no  the keebab was nice though.  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 am

oh me poor head
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:31 am

Horrible horrible game, we have used up a massive chunk of our luck in that game but a win's a win and that was a crucial 3 points. Hopefully Reina and Benni can start the next game but we have to drop Kuyt and Lucas they are absolutely useless at the moment.

Also agree about Stevie, think he needs a rest, ffs lets give Aquaman a few games eh Rafa.
heimdall

Postby made in UK » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:07 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ciggy wrote:got a terrible hangover, terrible  :no

was well worth it tho  :buttrock

I'm with yer lynds , feckin brandy .  :wwww

Remy Martin Igor?   :nod

a quality bottle of that and you won't have a hangover!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:22 pm

The only positive thing to say is we got 3 points, not sure how we won that game, and again our defending was woeful at times we just got away with it this time, we just need to keep winning now.

Not sure what rafa is up to with aqualini, hes played 30 mins and 30 secs since he came back and the longer lucas is in the team, the longer we will have no creativity in the central midfield area which we have lacked this season which means i reckon if torres doesnt play then gerrard has to play instead of lucas in central midfield until aqualini is fit enough to play.
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:23 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Some of you lads talk as though we usually walk all over Everton. Given our recent form it's no surprise were struggling.

Everton a chasing everyone and everything. If we can keep our heads we'll wear them out and nick another goal. In the meantime just be f'ucking happy that we're still in front.

It's all about belief  :buttrock

You should post more often Woof   :nod

:D

Give yourself a big pat on the back, well done you.
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

I know Lucas didnt create much (ok anything) but he worked his bollox off and defended brilliantly.  I think you lot are a little harsh on him.  He has been put into the team to be VERY defensive and his game is improving.. If Mascha goes, Lucas will be our defensive midfielder and I think he is improving all the time.  Give the lad a break.. we won!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:46 pm

heimdall wrote:Horrible horrible game, we have used up a massive chunk of our luck in that game but a win's a win and that was a crucial 3 points. Hopefully Reina and Benni can start the next game but we have to drop Kuyt and Lucas they are absolutely useless at the moment.

It was a horrible game, Kuyt and ecspecially Lucas played really well, Im not his biggest fan but he really got stuck in yesterday got to give him credit when due.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Luck - only one bit of luck in the game for me and thats masher's goal . Pepe's save was pure world class ability - showed how he is a natural shot stopper , the disallowed goals were the work of good defence set up .

If anyone expected a free flowing lovely football game then they have never seen a derby - it was always going to be a horrible bitty long ball game with neither team playing particulary well - the main objective in a derby is to win and we did .
Benny The Noon

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 pm

cpc4eva

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:03 pm

killerp wrote:No Aquilani game time  :down:

Is Rafa trying to prove a point with him?

Why play a 30% fit Gerrard high on horse tranquilizer & not play at least a 95% fit Aquilani? Madness

:Oo:

Either Aquilani should be getting on the pitch, starting or off the bench, or he should be in the reserves getting playing time.

The only explanation I can think of for putting Aquilani on the bench and not using him is we haven't enough players to fill the bench otherwise, I think Rafa is just too scared to 'risk' him.

Good three points, puts the blu esh ite closer to the drop zone, although I can't see them going down ahead of other poor sides in the league. I gather they have spudz at home and then Chelsea away so not an easy couple of games coming up. Honestly I thought they played better than us and but for things going our way they could have got a draw or better. Mascherano's wasteful shooting finally produced a lucky deflected goal, they had two ruled out for offside of which one was borderline and we were lucky Bilediwotsisname had two left boots on and Fallus shot straight at Reina from a rebounded saved shot.

I didn't think Kuyt had a great game, but credit for being in position to tuck in the rebound for the second. I'm not entirely convinced by Wash, I think Kuyt needs to fill in for Torres more and maybe get more out of Gerrard who was another who disappointed yesterday. I wasn't wrong in what I said about the ref, didn't seem to want to book any players which gave their players (Heitinga) the freedom to kick lumps out of our players. And as for that dirty fouling Belgian Fallus, he waves his elbows about far too freely and it's about time the refs or FA picked him up for it.

Much needed three points that puts us back in the picture with Citeh drawing for the seventh game in a row and the other wannabes not taking advantage of our very ordinary start to the season
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:04 pm

CHANG - Can't Have A New Ground.
:D :D :D

That everton lad was a good sport I think :laugh:
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby cpc4eva » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:50 pm

Keris wrote:CHANG - Can't Have A New Ground.
:D :D :D

That everton lad was a good sport I think :laugh:

it was gold

yer the blue bitter was a god ol chap

how bout the red man donning the double thick glasses and crazy hat n big ears

what a character :)
cpc4eva

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm

I have seen a lot of people angry about Aquilani lately. I think people need to read/watch Rafa's interview in the build up where he describes his thinking behind his treatment of Aquilani.  There is a clear method to it, and it certainly was not his plan to have him not playing this late in the season.

And on our luck, 1) either you make you own luck, or we deserved to have some luck based on how unlucky we had been in the past, so its a non issue for me

also people keep hapring on some of Everton's chances, well how about Insua's header at the end of the 1st half, that was a really good chance.  How about when Lucas was ran over by Distin who then handled the ball the area?  We had two cases for a penalty on one play. Although Everton had the upper hand in play, they were not making chance after chance after chance.
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:22 pm

JoeTerp wrote:I have seen a lot of people angry about Aquilani lately. I think people need to read/watch Rafa's interview in the build up where he describes his thinking behind his treatment of Aquilani.  There is a clear method to it, and it certainly was not his plan to have him not playing this late in the season.

And on our luck, 1) either you make you own luck, or we deserved to have some luck based on how unlucky we had been in the past, so its a non issue for me

also people keep hapring on some of Everton's chances, well how about Insua's header at the end of the 1st half, that was a really good chance.  How about when Lucas was ran over by Distin who then handled the ball the area?  We had two cases for a penalty on one play. Although Everton had the upper hand in play, they were not making chance after chance after chance.

I agree Joe. It was a little back to the walls at times, and I was living on my nerves until Kuyt scored, but you are always going to get a few chances going begging in dog fight games.

As for Aquilani I wonder if he wasn't as fit as we presumed (after the Arsenal  game), and its been more a case of taking pressure off him by having him on the bench, rather than any real expectation of him making a worthwhile contribution.

I would certainly be expecting him to start getting 30 mins now though, otherwise he may as well get match fit playing for the reserves.

As Steve Davies once said....."the more I practise the luckier I get"
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games