Liverpool vs Chelsea - League Cup - 19.45 - Sky Sports

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:31 pm

Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm wrote:Has anyone worked out what Klopp sees in moreno yet?
Seriously, how does he get a game?
What does he bring?
It baffles the fu'ck out of me
:glare:

Same goes for Hendo. How is Klopp giving him a new long term deal.

It's insane.

The guy is bang average
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:17 am

To be fair mate Hendo is a good squad players and levels above Moreno.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 am

The gap in class is very huge between the two teams, Chelsea and as I thought in bringing is the team to beat, all their players are very clinical, keep the ball well, whereas the nutcase's players are sloppy wasteful and full of hypes to win the league or trophies, FAR FROM IT. They will be lucky if the can finish above Chelsea!.
The team has failed the first real test, and this will be repeated on Saturday once again. The nutcase's team were destroyed in 10 minutes by the real World class Hazard, which Liverpool lacks that badly, Who Salah Abu Al Falafeel is our World class!
A very poor game in general, couldn't defend a set piece once again, bad defending all round, can't score! The hard metal style of football.

The same old Sh*t
algymoon

Postby Boocity » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:36 am

real test? it was a Carabao cup tie with a second string team that dominated much of the game and had far more chances. Saturday's the test mate and if you think Chelsea are so far above us I suggest you go and support them
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:12 pm

We played fine, just unlucky. I know Moreno is getting stick for Hazard's goal but thought Keita could have done better to. Seemed bit of a half hearted attempt to close down and make it hard for Hazard. Seem to let him waltz through bit too easily from his starting position and then once he was running at Moreno in the box, it was always dangerous.

Anyway, not feeling overly dissapointed over this one, struggle to care too much about the league cup  these days
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Mingolet - 6. Wasn't bad in fairness but did spill a ball into christensens path.
Moreno - 3 Atrocious stuff really and he cant defend for shyte, twice Hazard rounded him to score.
Clyne - 6 Not a bad game after a long lay off. Good defender but we have been spoilt by Trent who has now set the standard.
Lovren - 6 did ok but wondering why on set pieces he seems to always be out of the picture, sometimes marking no one.
Matip - 5 some sloppy passing from Joel and at times off pace.
Milner - 6 Would have rested him myself.
Fabinho - 6 A good debut even though his lack of pace showed a few times.
Keita - 6 A bit slight imo and could do with getting stuck in from time to time. Great energy but not sure we are getting the best out of him yet.
Shaquiri - 6 our most dangerous player last night but felt he did what he wanted a lot of the time. Klopp looked to be having a go at him after the final whistle but it was probably because we didn't shoot from the FK which turned out to be the final kick of the ball.
Mane - 7 Our best player last night. Never stops running and just keeps plugging away.
Sturridge - 6 Good goal but overshadowed by that miss. His workrate is also not good enough for a team that is supposed to press from the front. Looks disinterested in that part of the game or feels he is above it.

Disappointed to lose that but we cannot compete on all fronts so we have to prioritise the League and CL.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 pm

Whomever owns that Algymoon account has had more than enough fun with it  :nod Time to give it a rest  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:21 pm

algymoon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 am wrote:The gap in class is very huge between the two teams, Chelsea and as I thought in bringing is the team to beat, all their players are very clinical, keep the ball well, whereas the nutcase's players are sloppy wasteful and full of hypes to win the league or trophies, FAR FROM IT. They will be lucky if the can finish above Chelsea!.
The team has failed the first real test, and this will be repeated on Saturday once again. The nutcase's team were destroyed in 10 minutes by the real World class Hazard, which Liverpool lacks that badly, Who Salah Abu Al Falafeel is our World class!
A very poor game in general, couldn't defend a set piece once again, bad defending all round, can't score! The hard metal style of football.

The same old Sh*t

Mate did Klopp sleep with your wife or something? I don't mind reading some criticism but hell you are off the charts
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:09 pm

algymoon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 am wrote:The gap in class is very huge between the two teams, Chelsea and as I thought in bringing is the team to beat, all their players are very clinical, keep the ball well, whereas the nutcase's players are sloppy wasteful and full of hypes to win the league or trophies, FAR FROM IT. They will be lucky if the can finish above Chelsea!.

The same old Sh*t

Christ that has got to be the biggest pile of steaming ***** I have read in a while
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:40 pm

I don't think the manager had any intention of making that his first trophy, I think the inclusion of Moreno in the first eleven was a huge pointer towards how coveted this trophy actually is in Klopps grand scheme. It was evident from the start that Sturridge was loathe to get himself involved in defending from the front and rather decided he would stroll around upfront and keep the pressing to the bare minimum. If Klopp was serious about winning this competition he would have dragged his idle ***** off the pitch in the first 10 minutes. I just think last night was a scary dip into the past ,when we watched with a painful squint whilst certain players made capitulation an art form.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:43 pm

Chelsea are an excellent side with depth and whilst our squad has improved there is quite a big gap in quality particularly in defensive positions.

A brilliant goal from a top class player in Hazard and any team in the world will struggle to contain him, danced through and bang, blink and its in the net.

We will need to be at our very best on Saturday put it that way.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:51 pm

We can expect more pressure from Chelski on Saturday, I hope our boys are up to it.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:09 pm

parchpea » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:43 pm wrote:Chelsea are an excellent side with depth and whilst our squad has improved there is quite a big gap in quality particularly in defensive positions.

A brilliant goal from a top class player in Hazard and any team in the world will struggle to contain him, danced through and bang, blink and its in the net.

We will need to be at our very best on Saturday put it that way.

Thus my displeasure with the transfer window in terms of defensive options ,whilst all around me danced and proclaimed it our best  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:40 pm wrote:I just think last night was a scary dip into the past ,when we watched with a painful squint whilst certain players made capitulation an art form.

Yup it was reminiscent to those day when we had to live with the teletubbies leading our backline.
It just goes to show how important it is having quality at the back.

The goal Hazard scored it would be interesting to see how Robertson and Van Dijk would've done if they were there.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:19 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:51 pm wrote:We can expect more pressure from Chelski on Saturday, I hope our boys are up to it.

Yup more pressure but we will have VVD, Gomez, Allisson, Robertson and TAA at the back.
Also our thrilling 3 up front.
Im confident we will get a positive result i can't see us losing.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games