Wolves vs Liverpool - Fri 21st (20:00) - Sky Sports

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Eagle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:51 am

Wolves sit 7th in the table and are on a good run of form having won their last 3 games against Chelsea (H), Newcastle (A) and Bournemouth (H). Nuno Santo has done a great job and picked up the September manager of the month award. They've managed draws against both Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Everton, and have beaten Chelsea. So they can mix it up with the established PL clubs. They don't seem to score or concede in high numbers (5th best defence in the league), so this could be tight. We go into the match top of the league, having qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, and having just beaten our bitter rivals. So we're in decent shape too!

We had four recovery days before and after the United game and have four before the Newcastle game so it probably means best team out for this game, whatever Klopp thinks that is. Maybe the same lineup as against Man Utd but Milner coming in for Clyne. Sunday was Clyne's first game in a while so not sure Klopp will push him too hard.

And on a side note, it's good to see our former player Conor Coady doing so well as Wolves defensive linchpin and captain.
Eagle

Postby only me » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:44 am

Eagle » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:51 am wrote:Wolves sit 7th in the table and are on a good run of form having won their last 3 games against Chelsea (H), Newcastle (A) and Bournemouth (H). Nuno Santo has done a great job and picked up the September manager of the month award. They've managed draws against both Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Everton, and have beaten Chelsea. So they can mix it up with the established PL clubs. They don't seem to score or concede in high numbers (5th best defence in the league), so this could be tight. We go into the match top of the league, having qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League, and having just beaten our bitter rivals. So we're in decent shape too!

We had four recovery days before and after the United game and have four before the Newcastle game so it probably means best team out for this game, whatever Klopp thinks that is. Maybe the same lineup as against Man Utd but Milner coming in for Clyne. Sunday was Clyne's first game in a while so not sure Klopp will push him too hard.

And on a side note, it's good to see our former player Conor Coady doing so well as Wolves defensive linchpin and captain.

Would keep Clyne unless he is wasted...He is a natural RB and a good one ,had a great game against ManU and he can work his line much better then Milner...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:07 pm

Alisson

Milner
Lovren
VVD
Robbo

Henderson
Fabinho
Keita

Shaqiri
Mo
Mane
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Tough one against Wolves but i am confident we we come home with 3 points. This will be tight as op said they have a decent defensive record.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:42 pm

We're playing Friday night, what did we do to deserve this?

Anyway, these are a tricky team, don't think they've lost against any of the big sides (including City), apart from Tottenham who somehow got away with it. It's going to be a difficult game, make no mistake, and I wouldn't be surprised if we dropped points here.

I'd rest Clyne and play him against Newcastle during midweek.

I'd go with what I think is our best team available at the moment:

Alisson

Milner     Lovren      van Dijk     Robertson

Fabinho
                         Gini              Keita

Salah                            Mane
                                Firmino
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:46 pm

These lot are a decent unit they don't concede much however they are not that proficient uptop.

We will need to break them down so I'd play the team damjan posted.

Fab, Keita and Gini in the middle will give us cover and link up for the lads uptop.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:21 pm

They've got that Adama Traore who likes to drift into wide positions, it might be better to play someone who has a bit more pace than Milner, let Milner play against Newcastle and go with Clyne or Trent for this one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:59 pm

TAA won’t be fit in time and suspect Clyne is physical shattered after playing his first full 90 mins in nearly 18 months so I expect Milner to be there
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:59 pm wrote:TAA won’t be fit in time and suspect Clyne is physical shattered after playing his first full 90 mins in nearly 18 months so I expect Milner to be there

He's hardly been eating pies the whole time eh?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:01 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:57 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:59 pm wrote:TAA won’t be fit in time and suspect Clyne is physical shattered after playing his first full 90 mins in nearly 18 months so I expect Milner to be there

He's hardly been eating pies the whole time eh?

He still is going to need time to recover - you could see he was rusty and getting tired towards the end so he will be managed to ensure their is no muscle injury to add to all the others
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:06 pm

Well that Traore is a handful for even quick players. If Milner does play on Friday you can bet your bottom dollar that their manager will target him, he'll almost certainly push Traore onto Milner. Let's face it we'd all do the same if we were in Esprito Santo's position.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm wrote:Well that Traore is a handful for even quick players. If Milner does play on Friday you can bet your bottom dollar that their manager will target him, he'll almost certainly push Traore onto Milner. Let's face it we'd all do the same if we were in Esprito Santo's position.

He doesn't play regularly for them. In 17 PL games he's started 3 and come on as a sub 11 times. Didn't get off the bench in the last game. 1 goal and no assists. He's quick and a good dribbler but not very effective.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:03 am

Pig Catcher » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 pm wrote:Well that Traore is a handful for even quick players. If Milner does play on Friday you can bet your bottom dollar that their manager will target him, he'll almost certainly push Traore onto Milner. Let's face it we'd all do the same if we were in Esprito Santo's position.

He doesn't play regularly for them. In 17 PL games he's started 3 and come on as a sub 11 times. Didn't get off the bench in the last game. 1 goal and no assists. He's quick and a good dribbler but not very effective.

He's been playing him more and more recently though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:44 am

Any Manager with a modicum of tactical noise would get Traore on v Milner ASAP.
Only one winner there. If I recall correctly Traore is one of the quickest in world football clocked at 37km ph at full pelt
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:32 am

This is going to be anything but easy and my major concern is our defence. Robbo, TAA and the GOmez are living proof that you don’t have to spend a fortune to get quality. The three of them cost approximately £12m. Injuries to Moreno, Clyne and Lovren  gave these young players an opportunity to show just what they can do. We have rapidly moved from having a very lacklustre defence to a defence with Alison in goal that is probably one of the best in Europe. The injuries to Gomez, TAA and Matip are once again going to give Clyne, Lovren and the amazingly versatile Milner the chance to prove that they really are good enough. Personally I think our forwards need to start being less wasteful because I am not convinced that we will be so tight at the back. Prove me wrong lads because we can’t afford any slip ups.

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney