Liverpool vs Chelsea - League Cup - 19.45 - Sky Sports

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 pm

Many players dissapointed me tonight.  Just ran out of gas in the end.
Fabinho was poor, Moreno of course. Sturridge lazy as always and Shaq just too hyped and never once calmed down the entire game.

Fully deserved by Chelski unfortunately as we should have put the game beyond doubt before they scored. But poor plays and poor finishing cost us.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:51 pm

Penguins » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:48 pm wrote:Many players dissapointed me tonight.  Just ran out of gas in the end.
Fabinho was poor, Moreno of course. Sturridge lazy as always and Shaq just too hyped and never once calmed down the entire game.

Fully deserved by Chelski unfortunately as we should have put the game beyond doubt before they scored. But poor plays and poor finishing cost us.

fully deserved? a goal in which 2 players were offside and effected the course of play..2 Pens not given.. Multiple chances by LFC..it was a ridiculous result.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:55 pm

Honestly, we had enough chances to at least tie. Keitaz shots were straight at the keeper. We weren't clinical enough.

We need to be more clinical on Saturday or its curtains to our 100% league start
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:58 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:55 pm wrote:Honestly, we had enough chances to at least tie. Keitaz shots were straight at the keeper. We weren't clinical enough.

We need to be more clinical on Saturday or its curtains to our 100% league start

I'm pretty sure we will win it ,we are a better team ,just take our chances stay focused and get the job done like professionals.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Not too bothered about the domestic cups but encouraging displays I thought from the likes of Fabinho and Clyne. Shaqiri had a poor game and I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp has a go at him and limits his minutes a bit. Keita was decent but needs to be a bit more of a facilitator at times. Moreno and Clyne contributed very little going forward.

Hazard is unplayable at the moment and that goal was pure magic.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game at Stamford because we struggled containing Hazard and they'll certainly look for him at every opportunity on the weekend.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:09 pm

aCe' » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:Will be interesting to see how we approach the game at Stamford because we struggled containing Hazard and they'll certainly look for him at every opportunity on the weekend.

We'll have a different defence and keeper...you know, the onces that arn't sh!te
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:12 pm

7_Kewell » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 pm wrote:
aCe' » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:Will be interesting to see how we approach the game at Stamford because we struggled containing Hazard and they'll certainly look for him at every opportunity on the weekend.

We'll have a different defence and keeper...you know, the onces that arn't sh!te

Migs was ok so were the CB and Clyne was great..Moreno was utter shiite..Our offensive line failed us and of course that sad excuse of a ref
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:28 pm

aCe' » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:02 pm wrote:Not too bothered about the domestic cups but encouraging displays I thought from the likes of Fabinho and Clyne. Shaqiri had a poor game and I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp has a go at him and limits his minutes a bit. Keita was decent but needs to be a bit more of a facilitator at times. Moreno and Clyne contributed very little going forward.

Hazard is unplayable at the moment and that goal was pure magic.

Will be interesting to see how we approach the game at Stamford because we struggled containing Hazard and they'll certainly look for him at every opportunity on the weekend.

I thought Shaquiri was our best player, Clyne did okay but he's not a natural footballer, he's poor in possession, agree about Fabinho though, he wasn't fantastic or anything but considering it was his debut I thought he was pretty decent.
As for Saturday I think we can do them, this Chelsea side isnt as good defensively as Chelsea teams of the past and I've noticed they don't like to be pressed high up the pitch, tonight our press wasn't really there but it will be on the weekend.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:40 pm

I still think our team is lacking something. We are not complete yet as a force.

Can't put my finger on it.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 pm

Gutted! Had we got a 2nd  we would have sealed it, shame studge shot didn't dip in a Lil more.

Thought we played ok and did well for majority of the 2nd half.

Oh well we move on lets beat these in the Epl.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:53 pm

I think Clyne slows down possession alot.. he seems to want so much time on the ball before making a decision. Moreno was awful, he's like a Jack In the box, full of energy but never in the right position. I thought Fabinho played decent tbh.. did the nitty gritty stuff well and also did the little fouls you need to do to break up counter attacks.

Studge was lazy as ever and missed a open goal.. but he did make up for it with the goal. I thought Naby still looked abit nervous at taking people on but had a couple of decent attempts.

Matip was terrible.. slow sluggish and his passing was terrible tonight.

I can see why this cup mattered to us.. it meant we could field fringe players and keep them active for when called upon in the bigger games.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Forgot how atrocious Moreno is, he is completely talentless, has no skills, pathetic defensively, brain dead, can’t tackle, always out of position and a complete pussy as well. If he wasn’t such a good athlete he wouldn’t even be a pro football player
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 pm

No more games for our fringe players. Their season is over
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:08 pm

Ghost of Shankly » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:01 pm wrote:No more games for our fringe players. Their season is over
rightfully so!! They're not good enough.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm

Has anyone worked out what Klopp sees in moreno yet?
Seriously, how does he get a game?
What does he bring?
It baffles the fu'ck out of me
:glare:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games