liverpool v anji makhachkala thurs 25/10 KO 8.05pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby radun5 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:29 pm

The interest in the return leg is over the top, therefore I propose we use this thread for today's game vs Anji.

I reckon we will use mostly reserves, since it is a long journey to Russia and we can afford to lose the game. Mind you, we may not win it with our first teamers, so this is another argument to keep the main stars out and rest them for the weekend.

I am looking forward to this game, as it is actually shown by my cable TV provider. Hopefully some reserves try and impress the manager and supporters.
radun5

Postby redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:50 pm

it'll be a reserve team but all out football is required here, beat these fukr's heavily. lets nail the place in the next round.

Anji mickmackrunna 0 - 5 LFC

:buttrock
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

5pm (UK time) KO if I am not wrong
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm

having seen the team this is gonna be hilarious. god knows what will happen.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 pm

over on RAWK they seem to think the starting XI will be - jones, downing, coates, wisdom, carragher, flannagan, shelvey, henderson, cody, cole and morgan.
i think that line up is weaker than the one that got dumped out of the league cup by swansea and anzhi will be a tough team to beat on their own pitch.
i`m not convinced that will be the starting XI though because suso, assaidi and pacheco are with the squad and surely they should be in there.
a draw would be a decent result over there even with our best side so if that team can come away with a point it would be tremendous.
to be fair to rodgers even if we get mullered keeping the likes of suarez, agger, skrtel, gerrard etc at home was the smart thing to do.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:00 pm

I am typing this thread with anger and contempt towards stupid FSG. I expect Liverpool will be definitely lose tonight. A draw will be a miracle with fringe young players and I hope the outcome will convey to the THICK HEADS OF FSG that the squad is thin and their refusal to back Rodgers in the summer was a mistake and we are now paying the price. Let's hope they've learnt their lesson and will back Rodgers with the funds over the next 2 windows to buy the men that BR needs.
alwayslfc

Postby alwayslfc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Also, never in the history of the club, had we used fringe, young players of 17, 18 years of age to play in any cup competition. This is the first time as far as I can remember. What is happening to this club, why is a club of this stature going backwards? It is very sad.
alwayslfc

Postby JC_81 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:24 pm

If the lineup on RAWK is true i can see us losing by a couple of goals at least.

Joe Cole in the team is like having 10 men and Morgan if he plays up top on his own will be lucky if he touches the ball.

I do think 3 at the back is sensible though especially if we've got a lot of inexperienced players. Unfortunately i dont think it'll stop us losing!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Cue showers of praise and kudos to the management if we win.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:46 pm

nah it'll ba a ghost town on here if we win. If we lose though, thats when the BR haters will sharpen the knives and light the torches ready for the witch hunt.
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:58 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm wrote:Cue showers of praise and kudos to the management if we win.

they`ll deserve it, this anzhi have lost just 2 games (out of 20 odd) all season and one of those was at anfield.
if that line up posted on rawk wins over there in moscow they deserve all the praise that comes their way.
suso tweeted it was snowing when they arrived in moscow so conditions are probably tough as well, the weather`s bad enough in britain in november but russia is another thing altogether.
if they cope with all that and come away with a win it would be a tremendous achievement, it would be the best result of our season so far.
the bookies have us at 4/1 in a 2 horse race, anzhi are odds on.
i`d be made up with a draw.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:05 pm

redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:nah it'll ba a ghost town on here if we win. If we lose though, thats when the BR haters will sharpen the knives and light the torches ready for the witch hunt.

whatever the result tonight rodgers gets praise from me for doing the right think and keeping all the first team players back in liverpool.
because we are on such a poor run plenty of managers would have panicked and took a few first teamers.
whatever the score line is, even if they beat us 10-0 rodgers has made the right call.
qualification is still in our hands if we lose this one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:05 pm wrote:
redno7 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:46 pm wrote:nah it'll ba a ghost town on here if we win. If we lose though, thats when the BR haters will sharpen the knives and light the torches ready for the witch hunt.

whatever the result tonight rodgers gets praise from me for doing the right think and keeping all the first team players back in liverpool.
because we are on such a poor run plenty of managers would have panicked and took a few first teamers.
whatever the score line is, even if they beat us 10-0 rodgers has made the right call.
qualification is still in our hands if we lose this one.

rodgers gets praise from me for doing the right think and keeping all the first team players back in liverpool.

???

Rodgers gets praise for not fielding his best side   :p

I could understand it if we were expected to finish in a CL place this season BUT when the only realistic expectation in this first year of Rodgers rebuilding plan is that we finish in the premiership top ten it seems to me that Rodgers has bottled it and is more concerned about the groans following a possible poor result against Chelsea than he is the expressions of joy  an extended run in a European competition may bring.

If anything he should at least dig into his pocket and reimburse all those dedicated poor fuc'kers that have trekked to Russia to watch this one.

:veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Raoul » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:45 pm

Team is apparently:

Jones
             Wisdom    Coates    Carra
Flanagan                                      Downing
                    Coady      Shelvey
Henderson                                   Morgan
                              Cole

I suppose it could be:

Jones
Flanagan/Wisdom    Coates    Carra     Flanagan/Wisdom
                              Coady      Henderson
                                    Shelvey
Cole/Downing                                       Cole/Downing 
                                    Morgan

Can't believe Cole is getting another chance.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:49 pm

Very risky line-up. Not sure what to make of it tbh, I don't expect a result though I still hope
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games