ESPANYOL VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday 2nd august 2009 8pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby agoodmentality » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sun2.8/Villa_Juventus2.html

is ashley young a viable transfer option???
I've watched my Heroes throught the slats at Melwood,,
I've STOOD on the KOP,,
I've cried for the 96 ,,

Don't EVER question my loyalty or support.

YNWA
agoodmentality

Postby TheLad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Shocking performance, hopefully the Spurs are also having a "great" pre-season like us.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:59 pm

Well.  That was a bit embarrassing.  Espanyol spanked us there to be honest.  And they're apparently two weeks behind us in pre-season?

San Jose isn't ready for this level.  Degen isn't a footballer - he kicked opponents more time than the ball.  Johnson was awful 1st half.  Insua and Dossena were poor.  Carragher looks even slower than last season.

In midfield Mascherano and Lucas were ok, Spearing was our best player when he was on.  Gerrard isn't match fit yet and it showed.  Benayoun was decent.  Kuyt had a shocker, Riera and Babel were equally awful.

Up front Torres had no service and neither did Ngog so it's difficult to judge.  Voronin still looks as sh.ite as his haircut.

It's a bit concerning to lose that badly with only 2 preseason games left.  The defence is the main worry, all over the place.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:00 pm

roberto green wrote:
Reg wrote:The Espanhol lads had a good run out there and looked good, all credit to them, they'll be pleased.

We were awful, the youngsters had no idea and we missed Xabi, Fabio are Arbie badly.

1 of which is no longer with us and sold for a measly 3.5m and 1 which will shortly be sold

:(

Arbeloa, the real star of the show, forget gerrard, torres  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:08 pm

I must admit there we were poor there was no shape at all, I no its only a friendly but some of our defending was diabolical at times , I wish now Rafa would start playing with our first eleven, just to get the understanding going again, its only 2 weeks till the season starts but the way some of them played looked like they only just met each other
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Our season is over.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:13 pm

:laugh:  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:16 pm

That was poo.

We liked incisive balls in the final 3rd. In fact it was as though we weren't playing as a team. Too often players got in each others way by both going for a ball, or we'd ignore an obvious free man to pass to someone marked.

I wouldn't say we were completely outplayed. They didn't create too many decent opportunities other than the goals. One lesson we can learn is that Degen should never try and play offside. Stopping still with a raised arm doesn't prevent them from shooting :laugh:

Ah well, pre-season results mean nothing in the grand scheme of things so bring on FC Lyn!
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 pm

I love the way people will try to analyse and read into everything like we just lost 3 points or on the verge of bing knocked out of a CL semi-final with a poor performance in the first leg.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Our season is over.

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Emerald Red wrote:I love the way people will try to analyse and read into everything like we just lost 3 points or on the verge of bing knocked out of a CL semi-final with a poor performance in the first leg.

I love the way some people go into such denial when we play sh.ite
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:20 pm

On a side note, I think Rafa brought Degan in to sharpen his pencils and make the tea.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:24 pm

I hope we will make the top 4. :D
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:25 pm

john craig wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:I love the way people will try to analyse and read into everything like we just lost 3 points or on the verge of bing knocked out of a CL semi-final with a poor performance in the first leg.

I love the way some people go into such denial when we play sh.ite

Denial what?

Listen, we aren't a sh*t side. FACT - pre season is not any guage to tell us how good or bad we are. You have to remember the circumstances. A lot of these players don't want injured. They can't risk it so they set themselves a tempo to play at. What's the point of busting a gut in a pointless friendly when you've been doing that in training all day beforehand then getting on ANOTHER plane the same night, then getting up again and doing another training season. It's all about fitness and sharpness. That's it. When's the last time we had a good pre-season anyway, and who actually gave a f*ck to remember it? Come the first game at Spurs, the team will know what's required.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 pm

TheLad wrote:I hope we will make the top 4. :D

Na, we're f*cked already sure.  ???
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games