LYN OSLO VS LIVERPOOL - August 5th, 6pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby aCe' » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:52 am

Image vs. Image

fckin hell the logos came out a litttttle bigger than i thought but anyways....

Ill expect an even stronger lineup for this one with some of our players playing even longer than they did against Espanyol...

Hopefully we can put up a better display than we did last time around... Will be keeping a close look at how our midfield pairing work together, same with the right side to see how the Johnson-Kuyt partnership does...
Last edited by aCe' on Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:28 am

Hopefully we can draw the game...it would be really shameful to lose again.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby red37 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 am

TheLad wrote:Hopefully we can draw the game...it would be really shameful to lose again.

???  Draw.......shameful!

Pre-season fitness building exercise - result is secondary.

But....'draw' and 'shameful' Are you being strictly on the level with us here or what?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:53 am

what is the condition of the pitch like? those skies in the badge make me wonder :D
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:14 pm

i think we'll absolutely kick as.ss and ill go with a 4-0 socreline... Kuyt hat-trick and Lucas to round it off... :)
as for the pitch condition Sabre, i expect it to be perfect.. weather is great.. expected to be in the high teens and sunny...

tbh im not too concerned  about the results its more to do with how some of our untried/unproven players fit in the system... the like of Johnson/Degen down the right, Lucas and Mascherano as a midfield partnership, Nemeth, Ngog, Voronin as backup for Torres, the backup CBs... in the Espanyol game things didnt look too promising... especially the midfield without Xabi... id expect a better performance this time around with a better starting 11 being put out and kept for a little longer...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:51 pm

God only knows what team Rafa is gonna put out for this one. Though one thing is constant and is perhaps the most irritating feature of all the preseason friendlies - the "acceptance" of a shyte performance and that anything other than a win is good enough, or at least "not too bad".

Rafa, mate, success breeds success....whether it's some one-horse town from alpine Austria, or a team of part-time ladyboys from Thailand, or a "real" team like Espagnol.....results are everything. Whethere Torres and/or Gerrard start the match or not, a victory is a victory. I don't really care who you bring on from the bench (except, of course, Degen - please just give him the wrong date and time on the way back from Oslo !!) - each should a) want to play, and b) be capable of turning the game around.....Can you please drill that into their heads ??
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:God only knows what team Rafa is gonna put out for this one. Though one thing is constant and is perhaps the most irritating feature of all the preseason friendlies - the "acceptance" of a shyte performance and that anything other than a win is good enough, or at least "not too bad".

Rafa, mate, success breeds success....whether it's some one-horse town from alpine Austria, or a team of part-time ladyboys from Thailand, or a "real" team like Espagnol.....results are everything. Whethere Torres and/or Gerrard start the match or not, a victory is a victory. I don't really care who you bring on from the bench (except, of course, Degen - please just give him the wrong date and time on the way back from Oslo !!) - each should a) want to play, and b) be capable of turning the game around.....Can you please drill that into their heads ??

i actually though Degen was getting himself in all the right places high up the pitch when we got on the ball.. hes obviously lacking in match sharpness and maybe thats what explains him losing the ball repeatedly when he gets on it but still.. he certainly seems to lack concentration at the back though and got caught out of position a few times which is never promising but yea... going forward i thought he was okay... still not ready for 1st team but not as bad as i thought he would be..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheLad » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:20 pm

red37 wrote:
TheLad wrote:Hopefully we can draw the game...it would be really shameful to lose again.

???  Draw.......shameful!

Pre-season fitness building exercise - result is secondary.

But....'draw' and 'shameful' Are you being strictly on the level with us here or what?

I was being ironic there if you didn't notice.. :D
Anyway, I expect a strong team to start and a comfortable 3-0 win.
Torres, Benny and Kuyt to score.
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:22 pm

What time is kick off?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:23 pm

stmichael wrote:What time is kick off?

6 o clock
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm

Feck - won't get home in time to see it....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:19 pm

will win this one... Another warm up game common lads
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:21 pm

I want to see progress and I want to see rafa take his head out of his :censored: and put a team out there that looks like it knows what its doing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:57 am

I'll see this one! Cant wait now! The scum are playing Valencia so expect the Silva and Villa rumours to start soon
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby GOAT » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:31 am

Another chance for people to moan and groan about how sh.it we are and how we're going to struggle when the prem starts

There will be at least 20 comments on how we are missing Alonso
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games