LYN OSLO VS LIVERPOOL - August 5th, 6pm ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 pm

heimdall wrote:
GYBS wrote:
heimdall wrote:
aCe' wrote:nicefinish from Ngog... good first touch from dossena for a change..

Dude I'm hoping you just forgot the  :) . The ball went in off his shin plus was a frigging tap in at best but at least he didn't completely screw it up like most other things he attempted.

I just do not understand what Rafa sees in wash, I really don't.

he did want a striker is supposed to do - score a goal - end off

yes but is a striker not supposed to able to hold the ball up or control a pass into him, be able to turn a :censored: defender, are they not also part of the job description, being able to tap a ball in does not make you a great or even good striker.

tell me something though GYBS did that team performance fill you with confidence for the coming season because it really didn't for me, I was optimistic about our chances before tonights game.

Plus if the game is about fitness and you only play 30 minutes should you be busting a gut to get to balls and go on runs instead of strolling around?

i dont take much interest in pre season friendlies - more interestedl in the real thing - we have had sh.it pre seasons before and done well and we have had great pre seasons before and done poorly - pre season means a great little when it comes to the prem bar match fitness .

and what exactly would you think if torres busted a gut to get to a ball and pulled a hamstring ??
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:49 pm

bavlondon wrote:Has LFC TV got it on delay? If so I will just wait for that.

i expect the delay started at 8 mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:57 pm

Take my word for it, you missed absolutely feck all, it was a horrible performance by the team, ponderous slow paced game with two ok'ish goals. There was more creativity from Lyn in the first half. BTW their midfielder was fairly good, Knudsen. Certainly a hell of a lot better than Lucas or Spearing. I can kind of appreciate the established players not going flat out but players like Spearing should be busting a gut to impress Rafa.
heimdall

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:15 pm

heimdall wrote:
aCe' wrote:nicefinish from Ngog... good first touch from dossena for a change..

Dude I'm hoping you just forgot the  :) . The ball went in off his shin plus was a frigging tap in at best but at least he didn't completely screw it up like most other things he attempted.

I just do not understand what Rafa sees in wash, I really don't.

Heimdall - stay off the sauce.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:30 pm

heimdall wrote:

Take my word for it, you missed absolutely feck all, it was a horrible performance by the team, ponderous slow paced game with two ok'ish goals. There was more creativity from Lyn in the first half. BTW their midfielder was fairly good, Knudsen. Certainly a hell of a lot better than Lucas or Spearing. I can kind of appreciate the established players not going flat out but players like Spearing should be busting a gut to impress Rafa.

Are you on your period today, Heimy? You seem to be going a bit overboard, seeing as we won the match 2-0...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:55 pm

well got to say that game was a bit of a joke.
still dont think we looked fit and theres only just over a week to go and looking at spurs they look fitter and better.
they are working harder training ground
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 pm

was a good finish by ngog and like the white strip .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Babels lobbed through ball after a nice run was my favorite part of the game.  Ngog did :censored: all with it but it was a very nice build up and Babel actually was on the ground going for the ball a bit.  Showing maybe he cares enough to compete for a spot on the wing.
SupitsJonF

Postby bigmick » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 pm

In fairness to N'Gog I thought it was a tidy and sharp finish. Nice run from Babel too, who would have thought it, right footer playing down the right ???
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:21 pm

bigmick wrote:In fairness to N'Gog I thought it was a tidy and sharp finish. Nice run from Babel too, who would have thought it, right footer playing down the right ???

you know what, i think he'd make a very good right winger.. most of the balls he loses are usually when he cuts the ball back to his favoured foot... down the right he seems more comfortable playing the 'give and go's and seems to put in much better crosses..

Hell even upfront the guy doesnt look half bad.. dont know why we play him down the left flank, to me its seems to be his weakest position ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 am

Nah, not a great performance at all....Very lazy actually...
Then again, I know it's pre-season etc. I watched the Citeh vs Rangers game afterwards and Citeh looked about as interested as our lads were. Perhaps they're all just too concerned about getting injured before the fun really starts....
But it was pretty disappointing all the same. Nice to see Gulacsi get 10 mins or so. But Degen...I mean, WHY ? Just, WHY Degen ?...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games