LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM - Saturday 20th november 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:33 pm

worcester_red wrote:
andy_g wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
andy_g wrote:we took our foot off the gas in the second half for sure, but we still created a few chances. they definitely played a little better second half as well, but it would have been difficult not to. a good easy win for us all in all. 3 points, help the goal diff a bit, a great performance by mereiles in the middle, a good one from maxi and ngog and even a decent showing by poulsen. for the life of me i can't think of anything to bitch about.

and yet you did, bravo  :D

could you be a gentleman and point out to me where?

Certainly sir:
we took our foot off the gas in the second half for sure

and in your book that is bitching, is it?  :laugh:

i think we were fully entitled to take our foot off the gas and play a little more on the counter. it wasn't exactly our fault that they gave us nothing to counter against.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:33 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Why are some here criticising?

Are you depressives ever happy?

Good win, good goals, never looked vulnerable, should of been more.

Get a life.

Look I'm delighted with the win against the most :censored: West Ham team I've ever seen but I said at half time that I wanted us to push on for more goals, we didn't so I'm disappointed, what is wrong with that?
worcester_red

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:36 pm

worcester_red wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Yeah I am.

We are not going to go out busting a lung and tiring players when the game is already won. 3-0 at half time  and we are able to bring the like of Shelvey on for a run out. But for their keeper we would have scored another few.

If it was 0-0 at half time and we score 3 in the second half, everyone is happy.......

anyway it's 7 days until the players have to lift a finger again, how much do footballers need to fecking rest these days???

Not true. They still have to train. I'd say the training would be a lot harder than that match today.

What a couple of hours per day, come on it's not to damned intensive is it? If you compare football to others sports then it is astounding how unfit they are imo.

Ever done football training for a few hours? It's intensive alright It has to be. And I wouldn't say those players are unfit either.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Why are some here criticising?

Are you depressives ever happy?

Good win, good goals, never looked vulnerable, should of been more.

Get a life.

Simple as that really....
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby worcester_red » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

We are not going to go out busting a lung and tiring players when the game is already won. 3-0 at half time  and we are able to bring the like of Shelvey on for a run out. But for their keeper we would have scored another few.

If it was 0-0 at half time and we score 3 in the second half, everyone is happy.......

anyway it's 7 days until the players have to lift a finger again, how much do footballers need to fecking rest these days???

Not true. They still have to train. I'd say the training would be a lot harder than that match today.

What a couple of hours per day, come on it's not to damned intensive is it? If you compare football to others sports then it is astounding how unfit they are imo.

Ever done football training for a few hours? It's intensive alright It has to be. And I wouldn't say those players are unfit either.

Well if they can't play more than one match a week then they are, compare that to a tennis player who goes from tournament to tournament, or basketball players who play a hell of a lot more than once a week.
worcester_red

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Totally of topic but...

Barca are winning 5-0

Away from home

After 37 mins  :laugh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Dundalk wrote:Totally of topic but...

Barca are winning 5-0

Away from home

yeah, just watch them take their foot off the gas second half though.  :angry:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Delighted with the win , and the scoreline, three points in the bag, thatll do for me nicely

how poor were West Ham, as i said five minutes in worst west ham side ive seen in years ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:42 pm

andy_g wrote:

Barca are winning 5-0

Away from home

yeah, just watch them take their foot off the gas second half though.  :angry:

If Messi gets 2 more then that's 150 goals in all comps in 231 matches as a professional    :oh:
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:43 pm

really good win, should have had more than 3, but 3 points!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:45 pm

worcester_red wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
worcester_red wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
worcester_red wrote:

Well if they can't play more than one match a week then they are, compare that to a tennis player who goes from tournament to tournament, or basketball players who play a hell of a lot more than once a week.

You can't compare those sports to football. I'm amazed that you are. I do training twice a week, and in each session, I run 6 miles non stop, take about 5 minutes breather, then do interval running where you jog, then sprint for roughly 6 minutes none stop and that conintues on for roughly 40 minutes with rests of a minute or two between each one. Trust me, you're absolutely f*cked doing one of those for 6 minutes none stop, no matter how fit you are. Tennis and basketball players don't need to be constantly sprinting for 40 yards or more. I'd say no other sport involving a ball requires as much running as what football does, so yea, you have to be fit. Those premiership players train twice a day at times and have professional fitness coaches. If they aren't fit, they aren't playing. Simple as that. It looks easy sitting on a seat until you go out and try to run 50 yards at full pelt then run back another 50 yards straight after at the same pace.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Barca are winning 5-0

Away from home

The hell?!?!? Well... that's why they're champions every year. It will be hard for them this year though, Madrid are looking dangerous, but we'll see what happens next week. Anyway, Real Madrid - Bilbao should be a fun match after the Barca game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:56 pm

Lovely result, Miereles was fantastic, as was maxi, Poulsen and Kuyt, against a very poor side with less fight than us this season.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:22 pm

3 points , 3 goals , pretty dour game overall , second half was awful because we sat back - west ham were the worst team i have seen at anfield this season . Need to play a lot better next week . Good result okish performance .
Benny The Noon

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Single mided point of view from a few on here, the game was won, why not rest and blood the fringe players?, I take it every one wanted a 12-0 score line?
Last edited by OneHotRed on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games