LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM - Saturday 20th november 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:42 pm

The Good Yank wrote:Mildly disappointed that we didn't get a goal or two after the half, but overall, very nice win.  Maxi MOM for me.

Would have helped our goal difference for sure.

Still happy we got 3 points. What a strange season this is, the top 4 seem to be waiting for us to slowly catch up.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Delighted with the win , and the scoreline, three points in the bag, thatll do for me nicely

how poor were West Ham, as i said five minutes in worst west ham side ive seen in years ,

Totally agree.

Let's enjoy it.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:50 pm

Tough game next week away to Spurs so 3 points today was vital.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 pm

Emerald Red wrote:You can't compare those sports to football. I'm amazed that you are. I do training twice a week, and in each session, I run 6 miles non stop, take about 5 minutes breather, then do interval running where you jog, then sprint for roughly 6 minutes none stop and that conintues on for roughly 40 minutes with rests of a minute or two between each one. Trust me, you're absolutely f*cked doing one of those for 6 minutes none stop, no matter how fit you are. Tennis and basketball players don't need to be constantly sprinting for 40 yards or more. I'd say no other sport involving a ball requires as much running as what football does, so yea, you have to be fit. Those premiership players train twice a day at times and have professional fitness coaches. If they aren't fit, they aren't playing. Simple as that. It looks easy sitting on a seat until you go out and try to run 50 yards at full pelt then run back another 50 yards straight after at the same pace.

True, if a player misses a training session he isn't declared fit.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 pm

3 pts and we move up the table .... that said West Ham are cast iron certainties to be relegated on this form ,but even given their obvious ineptitude we still  sat back far too deep in the second half , when we could have annihilated them and drove up our goal difference ...I think we will win at home comfortably this season, but its our away form that is the biggest cause for alarm and Spurs next week only serves to heighten the trepidation ....  credit must go to  West Hams travelling fans they were  as loud at the beginning as they were at the end even after watching that abysmal performance from their team ........ but 3 points is 3 points nonetheless... we move on up ...Maxi man of the match for me ...just snatches it from Poulson
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Only saw the highlights on MOTD - the Hammers looked cack, so hard to say what today's result means...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby andy_g » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:38 pm

i think its still 3 points :;):

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:25 am

How did Aurelio play ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:37 am

He should if fit that he is a step up from konchesky and should be first choice left back
Benny The Noon

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:47 am

Best thing about today I thought was how certain players stepped up in the absence of Gerrard, perticularly Meireles. I think its also going to be a massive boost that other players apart from Torres managed to get on the score sheet, Maxi hadnt scored in ages and he deserved it with his recent form. Johnson seemed like he had a bit of determination and fire about him today, the goal came at a brilliant time.
Fauxy

Postby laza » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:57 am

Great win and happy to see Meireles step up
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:13 am

Good win! 3 points and well done without Stevie G...

If only we can be consistent like this... we could easily be challenging for the title the way chelsea and arsenal are losing these days...

Roy needs to take advantage of this and go for a win every match...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:56 am

Fauxy wrote:Best thing about today I thought was how certain players stepped up in the absence of Gerrard, perticularly Meireles. I think its also going to be a massive boost that other players apart from Torres managed to get on the score sheet, Maxi hadnt scored in ages and he deserved it with his recent form. Johnson seemed like he had a bit of determination and fire about him today, the goal came at a brilliant time.

Good result against a hammers team who press less than us :)

Maxi scored the winning goal against Bolton, 3 weeks ago - hasn't been that long :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:10 am

Dundalk wrote:Looking forward to this all day

3-0 Liverpool

Just as well I had 50 quid on it......  :(  :(  :(
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:57 am

Simari wrote:
Fauxy wrote:Best thing about today I thought was how certain players stepped up in the absence of Gerrard, perticularly Meireles. I think its also going to be a massive boost that other players apart from Torres managed to get on the score sheet, Maxi hadnt scored in ages and he deserved it with his recent form. Johnson seemed like he had a bit of determination and fire about him today, the goal came at a brilliant time.

Good result against a hammers team who press less than us :)

Maxi scored the winning goal against Bolton, 3 weeks ago - hasn't been that long :D

Doh  :D
Fauxy

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games