>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:08 pm

6-1...we go to the TOP
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Well... Henderson as captain was not vocal enough...

gotta complain about something... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:11 pm

maguskwt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:09 pm wrote:Well... Henderson as captain was not vocal enough...

I think Henderson is slowly slipping into the shadows. He's seldom a standout performer these days and - if we sign another central midfielder - I think he'll soon be looking over his shoulder to keep him place in the team .

All good news for LFC  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:15 pm

If I had to criticise, there was occasionally some sloppy passing from Can and Milner.

Otherwise a superb overall performance, could easily have been 10 !  :buttrock

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Last 8 PL matches  W-W-W-W-D-W-W-W

#impressive

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:22 pm

Another 3 points in the bag!
WE GO AGAIN!
  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:22 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:11 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:09 pm wrote:Well... Henderson as captain was not vocal enough...

I think Henderson is slowly slipping into the shadows. He's seldom a standout performer these days and - if we sign another central midfielder - I think he'll soon be looking over his shoulder to keep him place in the team .

I for one think Hendo is one of the key players. Active 101% during games, always pressing or tracking back, fills the holes left by the rest of the team when we charge forward. I advocated selling him in the summer but the way we're utilizing his strengths to the max makes him a very important player to our team.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:52 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:11 pm wrote:

Don't talk such utter fkg rubbish !! Sorry if that sounds a tad harsh  :grinning:  :grinning: You know we are all entitled to talk garbage at times and today you have excelled yourself. Henderson was poor last season and it would not have surprised me if we had let him go in the summer. All I would say now is thank goodness Klopp decided to persist with the lad because Hendo's performances as a player and captain during our recent run of 22 points from a possible 24 has been hugely impressive. He is playing in a different position. He is injury free. GIVE THE LAD A BREAK !!
Last edited by devaney on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:12 pm

Not forgetting that this Watford side have managed to keep a clean sheet for the last 3 games, and we just slot 6 goals past them. We have not been seeing off teams with such impressive scoreline since those Suarez days...while back then we mostly relied on Suarez (and occasionally Sturridge) now our goals are spread over 5 or 6 front players. Even Sturridge who didn't score today could have had a hattrick on another evening.

Keep picking up the 3 points and come May it means we will add #19 to our trophy cabinet

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:59 pm

A lot of Liverpool teams of the last 26 years would have slipped up there today (given we had the chance to go top).
Jurgen's team though not only grasped the opportunity with both hands but gave a footballing exhibition along the way too.
Superb.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:21 pm

damjan193 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:22 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:11 pm wrote:

I for one think Hendo is one of the key players. Active 101% during games, always pressing or tracking back, fills the holes left by the rest of the team when we charge forward. I advocated selling him in the summer but the way we're utilizing his strengths to the max makes him a very important player to our team.

I think Hendo has been as important as any other player in our success, I'll bet he's one of the first names on Klopps team-sheet, great work-rate, attitude, intelligent, good range of passing, he makes the whole thing work.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:23 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:59 pm wrote:A lot of Liverpool teams of the last 26 years would have slipped up there today (given we had the chance to go top).
Jurgen's team though not only grasped the opportunity with both hands but gave a footballing exhibition along the way too.
Superb.

Some interesting comments from Klopp in the presser.

"I'm heard a lot about the team from 3 years ago and how close they came to it. This is not the team from 3 years ago. This is not the team from 25 years ago. We are all new."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:29 pm

I think its time to say we are the real deal this season!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 am

Yep we are the real deal.

It's all about our mentality and persistence now until May.

We need to grind out results week in / week out, just like Leicester did last season.

Klopp's system is going to be very hard to break-down, it's looking more and more like Mourinho was very, very lucky to get away with a draw at Anfield.

Lesser sides simply need to be put to the sword just like we have seen in the first several months.

With the top 5 or 6 sides we have seen that out attacking power, is second to none. Sure we will concede, so let's go all out and bury them by out-scoring them.

All hail Klopp, what a way of turning around everyone's expectations this season!!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games