LIVERPOOL VS WEST HAM - Saturday 20th november 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 am

Was at the game, thought the first half performance was very good, second half a bit flat.
Miereles showed what a class player he is when played in his best position, and Johnson had his best game for us this season, Poulsen also did ok.

West Ham fans singing " you're getting sacked in the morning " - at their own manager!
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:17 am

and my 100% record stays... get in

great first half performance, then we played safe, no injuries, good subs... no complaints
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:42 pm

why the hell don't we play with the same tempo and movement away from home? it frustrates the hell out of me. we'll probably go to spurs next week and sit back. if we do then we'll get beat fair and square.

comfortable day anyway. thought we played some decent stuff. fair point about others stepping up in gerrard's absence but it's nothing new. alonso always did it in the past.

west ham are dire though. the worst team i've seen at anfield in a long time and almost certain to go down imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby redhayesy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:02 pm

stmichael wrote:why the hell don't we play with the same tempo and movement away from home? it frustrates the hell out of me. we'll probably go to spurs next week and sit back. if we do then we'll get beat fair and square.

comfortable day anyway. thought we played some decent stuff. fair point about others stepping up in gerrard's absence but it's nothing new. alonso always did it in the past.

west ham are dire though. the worst team i've seen at anfield in a long time and almost certain to go down imo.

spot on mate! i totally agree with your frustration with the way we aproach away games. anyway brilliant result,a good alround team performance- i thought torres deserved a goal for his hard work on & off the ball.

also fwiw the substitutions roy made were good in timing & who he brought on cause for me it didn't disrupt our pattern of play,i thought Aurellio looked sharp & looked like he wants his place back in the side a.s.a.p which is great to see-i just wish their was more players in the sqaud who want to fight for a place,or give roy a selection headache.

good also to see glen's reaction yesterday,he played well from the off & his goal capped it off for me,probably the best game iv'e seen him play,may long it continue.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby kunilson » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:05 pm

West Ham were very poor, but we did a good job in completely burying the game in the 1st half.

Meireles should always play in the centre, he is not a right midfielder in any way.....to do a job if needed fair enough, but he should stay for a run of games now in the middle of the park.
No-one played bad. good confidence boost.

The real test is spurs
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Great first half took the foot off the pedal in the second. To be expected though.
TarnRed

Postby Roger Red Hat » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:32 pm

wheres CIGGY?  :glare:

oh, we won  :D
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:45 pm

We seem to have a better record with late KO's. Must be a nocturnal thing with Roy. :D
Last edited by tubby on Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 am

Lads, a lot of people - myself included - are fed up with this forum right now. Maybe the ongoing trading of insults and arguing is amusing to you guys but if you actually look at the current posters, a lot of the regulars arent here any more and when they are, they're rudely insulted. I dont blame for not posting, whats the point?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games