notts forest v LIVERPOOL Sun 20th Mar 6.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:53 pm

That will be that...tough encounter. Quadruple dream is still on. We have City in the semis LFG
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:53 pm

Proper cup game that. But we are through and did it with a weakened first 11. On we go.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 pm

Looking at all the miss control, the pitch mustn’t be very good
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:55 pm

Wembley next
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:01 pm

All's well that ends well I suppose but we certainly rode our luck there once or twice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:10 pm

Made it harder than it should have been, even had to resort to time wasting at the end. Take nothing away from Nottingham though, they played a good game.

Some decisions going our way too. I don't think it was a penalty even though there were elements of one, but it's weird how looking from a different angle can change the outcome of a decision like the one for our goal. It certainly looked off from the first angle but it was onside in the second picture. How do they decide which angle is right?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:51 pm

I think Naby has proven once again he's not consistently good enough to be a Liverpool player. It pains me to say aswell because watching him at Leipzig I thought we'd discovered an evolved Kante...

Everytime he plays I just cheer him on hoping he's gonna prove the doubters wrong.. and then he plays rubbish once again. I've washed my hands on him, we definitely need a upgrade going forward.

Tough game .. but we got over the line. I thought their player should have got booked for diving for the penalty. And I thought Jota was offside until the second angle for the replay.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:18 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:51 pm wrote:I think Naby has proven once again he's not consistently good enough to be a Liverpool player. It pains me to say aswell because watching him at Leipzig I thought we'd discovered an evolved Kante...

Everytime he plays I just cheer him on hoping he's gonna prove the doubters wrong.. and then he plays rubbish once again. I've washed my hands on him, we definitely need a upgrade going forward.

He was garbage today. Pulling out of 50/50 challenges, getting caught in possession and pushed off the ball with ease.

I think he's got 18 months left on his contract. Time to move him on I think.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:03 am

It was a cup final for them and they upped their game. If they played like that every week they would be a lot higher than 9th.

It wasn't pretty from us at all but understandable given the type of players missing. Doesn't excuse some of performances though.

Trip to Wembley now for City. I hope they will be out for revenge after the league defeat  :;):   :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:37 am

As I said during the game Keita, Chamberlain and Elliot needed to be taken off and it didn’t take Klopp long into the second half to do exactly that. Slightly surprised that he took Fab off and I hope that wasn’t injury related. Elliot is young and still learning. He is also not back to his best after a serious injury. As for Keita and Chamberlain unfortunately they give us very little and are a country mile off the standard we desire. Time for both of them to be moved on. The transfer committee has done some fantastic work but it has to be said they fired a couple of blanks with those two.

Excellent result against a very tricky opponent who on another day could have easily won the match. Whilst we are winning matches by the odd goal we certainly haven’t been at our best over the last few weeks. Gritty never say die performances have very much been the key to our success. Our April program looks extremely challenging and we will need to be at our best to get through it successfully.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:05 am

Our B Team struggle to put a game to bed. As soon as the subs came on, Forest had no chance. Sadly Keita, Ox etc.. must move on. I got the impression they'd play for 3 hours and not score. Great eventual result, Forest played better than Everton, Leeds or United on current form. Hopefully we'll see them back in the Prem soon. City yet again!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:32 pm

It was good win after a very tough cup game, some of the players couldn't raise their games, however, Gomez was good, but can't say the same about Keita and Chamberlain and so was Firmino. Keita is totally useless and should be sold in the summer. I think it will be many players will be sold and new better players will be coming in.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games