newcastle utd v LIVERPOOL  Sat 19th Oct 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:54 pm

only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:We all saw the game ,we were flat and not committed ,that's it.

Can't argue with that.

No agenda here, but given that we were so flat and none committed I'm surprised that it's only the players lacklustre performance that has come under scrutiny.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:56 pm

woof woof ! » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:54 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm wrote:We all saw the game ,we were flat and not committed ,that's it.

Can't argue with that.

No agenda here, but given that we were so flat and none committed I'm surprised that it's only the players lacklustre performance that has come under scrutiny.

Yep ,BR failed in prepering the lads at least Mentally for the game.

On the Flip side ,Manure just lost 2 points on a late Equalizer...  :grinning:
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Henderson is an OK player but not good enough - under any circumstances. He lacks vision and ability to create chances or find the forward pass that brings the play forward. Lucas is an improvement on both tackling and forward passing ability and we missed him today. But we need a talented and creative midfielder besides gerrard not just one with only an engine. Until we find the new engine of our midfield, our team will be incomplete. That's why I think that losing Mkhitaryan may have been a big big loss for us.

As for the defense - cabaye's goal is not about the defenders. The blame for the second goal rests on cissokho.

I also can't believe that there are people who think cissokho had a good game. He had absolutely no end product whatsoever, and the single pass to suarez looked like the rest of his pokes into the box hoping something would happen. His only good moment was the tackle on Remy was it? near the very end.
kartiek

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:18 pm

It was disappointing but not a disaster, too many players had a hang over from the internationals and of course newcastle were up for this after last season, I thought Enrique would have offered more both in attack and defence that Cissokho who I thought was very ordinary except for that tackle. we didnt try and get  them ebehindnough on the flanks and try to play through a crowded middle too much. Our shooting was abysmal but at the end of the day we had ennough clear chances to have won the game. We gave away two poor goals, mignolet shouldn't have got beaten from that range although it was a good strike and poor defending for their sencond. I don't go with saying that they were down to 10 men so you should win, they still have the same number of defenders and midfielders it just takes away much of their attacking threat and makes them pack the defence more
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:36 pm

kartiek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm wrote:Henderson is an OK player but not good enough - under any circumstances. He lacks vision and ability to create chances or find the forward pass that brings the play forward. Lucas is an improvement on both tackling and forward passing ability and we missed him today. But we need a talented and creative midfielder besides gerrard not just one with only an engine. Until we find the new engine of our midfield, our team will be incomplete. That's why I think that losing Mkhitaryan may have been a big big loss for us.

As for the defense - cabaye's goal is not about the defenders. The blame for the second goal rests on cissokho.

I also can't believe that there are people who think cissokho had a good game. He had absolutely no end product whatsoever, and the single pass to suarez looked like the rest of his pokes into the box hoping something would happen. His only good moment was the tackle on Remy was it? near the very end.

I thought the CB's were more to blame then Ali for the 2nd goal ,you can see Martin and Toure (?) unable to deal with the incoming ball ,mistiming their jump and allowing it to land at the United player lap ,Yes Ali failed to cover him but the ball shouldn't have dropped their in the first place....Other then that he did his defensive duties pretty well and supported the attack more times then i remember Glen doing it on his right side....And the Ball to Suarez wasn't a hope and a prayer..
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:05 pm

only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:36 pm wrote:
kartiek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:57 pm wrote:Henderson is an OK player but not good enough - under any circumstances. He lacks vision and ability to create chances or find the forward pass that brings the play forward. Lucas is an improvement on both tackling and forward passing ability and we missed him today. But we need a talented and creative midfielder besides gerrard not just one with only an engine. Until we find the new engine of our midfield, our team will be incomplete. That's why I think that losing Mkhitaryan may have been a big big loss for us.

I thought the CB's were more to blame then Ali for the 2nd goal ,you can see Martin and Toure (?) unable to deal with the incoming ball ,mistiming their jump and allowing it to land at the United player lap ,Yes Ali failed to cover him but the ball shouldn't have dropped their in the first place....Other then that he did his defensive duties pretty well and supported the attack more times then i remember Glen doing it on his right side....And the Ball to Suarez wasn't a hope and a prayer..

I know i'm a bit Anal here...But went to the tape again ,and on the 2nd goal it was actually Skertel which headed the ball to the Newcastle United player.....So Cissoko for sure isn't to blame ,At least not the main culprit...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Does it matter ? They scored and we were poor at the back

Cissohko had a poor game but he wasn't the only one.
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Good God we missed Lucas out there today ,just hope his wife isn't expecting triplets ,because I think the reds can only lay duck eggs without him.
It came as no surprise Liverpool's poorest performance this season coincided with the loss of the combative Lucas ,a player that is essential to Liverpool
establishing a grip on the game and a solid base in order for our front players to do what they do best.

The reds had no one out there to make life uncomfortable for Newcastle ,they were bereft of some one to break up play ,Henderson can proffer all the energy
he can muster ,but he simply hasnt the defensive qualities of Lucas. I actually thought we deserved nothing from that game ,and albeit for his hand in their
second goal I thought for a debut in the premier league Cissokho just comes behind Suarez and Gerrard as our best player.

In a game that had little to shout about ,I thought the moment of the game was Suarez's sublime ability  in bringing the ball under control to set up Sakho
who in all honesty should have scored....Other than that it was a weak arsed performance against a Newcastle team hardly brimming with quality.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:37 pm

I think the missed chances cost us 2 pts. I seriously would of took a point because away to the barcodes away we either batter then or they batter us in recent times
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:31 pm wrote:Does it matter ? They scored and we were poor at the back

Defense didn't lose us the points today...Offence did. And the Cissokoho comment was to set the records straight ,and no he wasn't poor ,he was just OK for a full first game.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:21 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:34 pm wrote:Good God we missed Lucas out there today ,just hope his wife isn't expecting triplets ,because I think the reds can only lay duck eggs without him.
It came as no surprise Liverpool's poorest performance this season coincided with the loss of the combative Lucas ,a player that is essential to Liverpool
establishing a grip on the game and a solid base in order for our front players to do what they do best.

The reds had no one out there to make life uncomfortable for Newcastle ,they were bereft of some one to break up play ,Henderson can proffer all the energy
he can muster ,but he simply hasnt the defensive qualities of Lucas. I actually thought we deserved nothing from that game ,and albeit for his hand in their
second goal I thought for a debut in the premier league Cissokho just comes behind Suarez and Gerrard as our best player.

In a game that had little to shout about ,I thought the moment of the game was Suarez's sublime ability  in bringing the ball under control to set up Sakho
who in all honesty should have scored....Other than that it was a weak arsed performance against a Newcastle team hardly brimming with quality.

Lucas????
We held the ball for 70%+++ of the time the whole 2nd half and you thought Lack of Lucas cost use the game? Must have seen another game.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:28 pm

i`m just a bit gutted because unless something really starts to click in that team we are going to start falling off the pace.
until the sending off newcastle were outplaying us. gerrard had a good game but only when they went down to ten men and hendo didnt do much even when they were down to 10.
the way our midfield is shaping this season the arsenal center mids are going to rip us to shreds and i dont fancy the idea of barkley running at us either a fortnight later.
there`s just too many games where our midfield has been second best, look at our league games this season -

STOKE (H) - this was the one game where we probably had the upper hand in midfield for the majority of the game although the wheels came off us alarmingly in the last 20 minutes.
VILLA (A) - first half was even but the second half was all villa, we were hanging on for grim death at the end
MAN U (H) - we won the game but united dominated the midfield, we fought a rearguard action in this one
SWANSEA (A) - similar to villa, first half pretty even but the second half was all swansea, they had us pinned back and gave us a football lesson really
SOUTHAMPTON (H) - say no more
SUNDERLAND (A) - for once the other team ran out of steam at the end, until then they got stuck into us and had us well rattled, our forwards were the diffence in this one
PALACE (H) - won the game but even the manager said he was worried about the performance

looking at those games its a surprise that we are so high up the table, our performances havent warranted it, infact we were probably playing better stuff last season when we found ourselves 13 points off the top by this point. the difference this year is that we have a pair of forwards who are on fire, they have us punching above our weight this season.
if we keep playing like this our luck is going to run out, our midfield has got to step up to the plate and start dominating games.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:29 pm

only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:31 pm wrote:Does it matter ? They scored and we were poor at the back

Defense didn't lose us the points today...Offence did. And the Cissokoho comment was to set the records straight ,and no he wasn't poor ,he was just OK for a full first game.

How many goals did we concede today ? And you say they weren't at fault for us dropping points. - so who is too blame for the goals we conceded that meant we didn't get all three points ?

Most certainly disagree about Cissokho - thought he was very poor and hopefully Enrique is back soon so that Cissokho doesn't get in the first 11
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:46 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:29 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm wrote:

How many goals did we concede today ? And you say they weren't at fault for us dropping points. - so who is too blame for the goals we conceded that meant we didn't get all three points ?

Most certainly disagree about Cissokho - thought he was very poor and hopefully Enrique is back soon so that Cissokho doesn't get in the first 11

Very simplistic way to analyse today's game...The way the game unfolded ,2nd half against 10 man ,Our offence should have taken care of Biz and not allow the odd goal of a defending undermanned team to determine it's fate ,Our attackers were  without Pace ,without passion ,without urgency ,intent whatever you'd like to call it ,so YES they lost us the points.

As to Ali then let's agree to disagree ,he wasn't poor ,he was OK ,he was more felt then Glen ,more the Hendo ,More then Martin...And out of the back 5 i didn't think he was the weakest link...Enrique might be back soon but i genuinely don't see him a better player. This was his FIRST game ffs.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:58 pm

Well it wasn't his first game but again he was either part of the back 5 who conceded goals or part of the attacking unit ( supposed to provide the width ) which struggled against ten men.

Don't concede those goals and we get three points today

We didn't take advantage enough of the ten men but our defending was just as culpable as the guys going forward

Not sure where this "Ali" is better than Enrique is from ? Is it after his performances for Valencia last season ?
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games