newcastle utd v LIVERPOOL  Sat 19th Oct 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:02 pm

we were poor today, infact until newcastle went down to ten men i thought they were bossing the game. our midfield havent dominated a game 11 v 11 all season.
even though we didnt play well the football gods put the 3 points on a platter for us but we somehow managed to make a right pigs ear of it, with injury time they were down to 10 men for an hour, thats two thirds of the game.
we go top (for now) but that was a golden opportunity well and truly blown, those 3 points would have come in very handy, especially considering the fixtures we have next month.
the likes of united, arsenal, everton and city etc all have very winnable games this weekend, i expect to see the table looking a bit different by the end of today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:17 pm

That was dog sh.it. fu.cking livid.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Poor performance from us but we should really have made the man advantage count. I know it's not always easy against 10 men but we had a whole half and that that is 2 points dropped. Very disappointing but lets crack on
Doeboy

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Biggest p'isser was that from the kick off we looked like a team who didn't look like they were going ALL OUT to win the game, even after we got to 2-2 and were domintating there was f'uck all tempo or passion.

After match comment from BR "It's always difficult to play against 10 men" WTF   :veryangry

Yeah Brendan we know a team with 10 men will sometimes park the bus BUT you played for over an hour with three defenders marking one forward player  :veryangry   :veryangry

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Doeboy » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:24 pm

only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:27 pm wrote:Daniel ,although scoring ,has been really poor..Bad decision across the board..(now after saying that he would score the winner)

I think Sturridge is that kind of player. One of those guys that can be having a ***** game but always likely to pop up with a goal
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:26 pm

only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:43 pm wrote:
RUSHIE#9 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm wrote:Two points dropped is the only way that result can be seen unfortunately.

Yes and no....Under the circumstances it was a must win game ,considering our lack of pace and commitment ,we got what we deserved.

Thought Mozes was the only one on the attacking unit which understood that ,the rest kinda "hoped" things will fall in place. Sturridge was fat and lazy today.

Pity.

Didn't Danny play the brilliant pass to Luis that resulted in the penalty? And I think he scored as well. Not at his best maybe but still made a serious contribution and to suggest he was fat and lazy is ridiculously harsh.......
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:34 pm

kartiek » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:46 pm wrote:The only two players who did anything today were Suarez and Moses. I must say - Cissokho looks like a really really poor purchase. Would've rather had Downing as a Left Wing Back. Cissokho offered absolutely nothing in there, and had no guile or pace to beat a man.

Football is a strange as i thought he had a GOOD game returning from a long injury (only his REAL first game) ,he had a monster tackle rescuing us from a dangerous counter United attack ,had a good setup to Suarez which hit the post ,and overall was pretty fast going forward. Not sure how you reached your conclusion. His main weakness was/is his inability to cut with his left foot towards the middle.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:38 pm

Disappointing display with 2 points dropped against a mediocre Newcastle side. Tough decision to pick a man of the match as most of the team struggled to find the spark to win the game. Thought Cissokho played well considering, but the rest were under par. We were punished from a set piece yet again and scorned chances that should have been turned into goals.
Never mind, still top of the league and things can only get better.
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:39 pm

devaney » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:26 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:43 pm wrote:
RUSHIE#9 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 pm wrote:Two points dropped is the only way that result can be seen unfortunately.

Yes and no....Under the circumstances it was a must win game ,considering our lack of pace and commitment ,we got what we deserved.

Thought Mozes was the only one on the attacking unit which understood that ,the rest kinda "hoped" things will fall in place. Sturridge was fat and lazy today.

Pity.

Didn't Danny play the brilliant pass to Luis that resulted in the penalty? And I think he scored as well. Not at his best maybe but still made a serious contribution and to suggest he was fat and lazy is ridiculously harsh.......

Because he is capable of such passes and is such prolific goal scorer i judge him to a higher set of expectations....Fact is he didn't move as much ,he was pretty sloppy and didn't convince me he gave his best today..Sorry.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:44 pm

Well that was a bit poor - if we really are serious about getting into the top 4 then we must win games like that - especially when they go down to ten.

Suarez and Skrtel did well the rest just werent good enough today. Vast improvement required
Benny The Noon

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:01 pm

We should have won the game, it was for the taking, unfortunately we have players that are just not up to it
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:32 pm

to be fair to our attack we scored 2 goals there today away from home, we shouldnt be finding ourselves in a position where we have to score 3 goals in order to secure the 3 points, especially against a team that had 10 men for two thirds of the game.
those were 2 poor goals to concede.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 pm

We played through the middle far to much, if we are going to play that game then we need coutinho
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:32 pm wrote:to be fair to our attack we scored 2 goals there today away from home, we shouldnt be finding ourselves in a position where we have to score 3 goals in order to secure the 3 points, especially against a team that had 10 men for two thirds of the game.
those were 2 poor goals to concede.

Or you could say that we cam from behind twice on an away game ,so thats gotta be an excellent results no? Dry stats tell us nothing ,We all saw the game ,we were flat and not committed ,that's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Very ordinary today but still got a draw and had decent chances to win.

This Cissokho looks dodgy to me and I know Rodgers doesn't rate Enrique but he's at least as good as him.

Was just way too ponderous first half and our midfield is too slow at times and we need that dynamism that Gerrard
use to bring and boys like Hendo, Lucas and Allen simply don't have in their locker.

Far from a great day at the office but then again we have been playing in patches all year but are still in a decent
position and way better off than at this point last year so are moving forward.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games