QPR Vs Liverpool Sun 19th 13:30 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:54 pm

awful, dire and can only get better...let's enjoy the luck we've got and move on. Quite a few players need to seriously step up a gear or get into the reserves
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Dundreamin is back » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:28 pm wrote:We got very lucky today. But it only paper's over the cracks. Actually paper's no good a big fooking cement mixer is required

:laugh:

You're not wrong DD

OUR DEFENSIVE CAPABILITY (OR LACK OF IT) IS MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEM

Lets face it , any team, whatever their ranking, that just decides to have a go at us stands a chance of getting something out of the game. Where's the Liverpool that in the dying minutes of a game where able to comfortably just shut it all down ?

We really need to reel in the likes of someone like Phil Thompson to work with with our overall defensive mentality AND our managers head !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:01 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:
Dundreamin is back » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:28 pm wrote:We got very lucky today. But it only paper's over the cracks. Actually paper's no good a big fooking cement mixer is required

You're not wrong DD

Lets face it , any team, whatever their ranking, that just decides to have a go at us stands a chance of getting something out of the game. Where the Liverpool that in the dying minutes of a game where able to comfortably just shut it all down ?

We really need to reel in the likes of someone like Phil Thompson to work with with our overall defensive mentality AND our managers head !

I agree with you there, we desperately need a defensive coach to sort this mess out. They are lacking the basics, with defenders trying to chest down balls in the box or clearing it 10 foot to the QPR strikers. It's schoolboy stuff.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:07 pm

A great league 2 game!

Before i forget ,Simon was great today ,had one missed cross but saved our a$$ with some brilliant saves ,his CB's are a nightmare for any keeper and today they got "help" from humpty and dumpty (Glen and Enrique).

What i liked about the game today that it showed how true and real the game of football is ,exposes every weakens and mistakes made by our manager.
starting without Allen and Coutinho=Midfield overrun ,no control of the game ,no passing game.
Enrique and Glen over our superior Spanish dua=2 goals from their side ,one from a double mistake by enrique (lost his player twice).
Mario existing=No passing ,no movement ,pathetic misses.
Richard Dunn playing=MVP for the opposing team.

Yes the team confidence level is gone but at least have the right people on the pitch to try and get this wagon out of the muck.

The thing that worries me the most is the one striker upfront system ,won't work with Mario no matter how the rest are ,needs to be changed ASAP.

Other then that the most disgusting joyful game in awhile now.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:07 pm

I'd recall Ilorri from Bordeaux and give him a run out, he can't be any worse than what we've got now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I think QPR won tonight...seeing how both defence wanting to give this game away, they did a better job of giving away goals than our shitty ones. Enrique and Johnson left a lot of gaps for them to run behind...we lost our grip at midfield hence they have a good go at us. Why we no longer try a high pace game from the get go? Our playing style is very different from last season...only constant is our defence and keeper is still shit
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Santa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:24 pm wrote:I think QPR won tonight...seeing how both defence wanting to give this game away, they did a better job of giving away goals than our shitty ones. Enrique and Johnson left a lot of gaps for them to run behind...we lost our grip at midfield hence they have a good go at us. Why we no longer try a high pace game from the get go? Our playing style is very different from last season...only constant is our defence and keeper is still shit

If the keeper was as sh.t as you say he was we would have conceded 5 or 6 today. He had a tremendous game.
I've been on his back myself in the past (especially at the tail end of last season) but calling him out when he's had a good game is ridiculous.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:
Santa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:24 pm wrote:I think QPR won tonight...seeing how both defence wanting to give this game away, they did a better job of giving away goals than our shitty ones. Enrique and Johnson left a lot of gaps for them to run behind...we lost our grip at midfield hence they have a good go at us. Why we no longer try a high pace game from the get go? Our playing style is very different from last season...only constant is our defence and keeper is still shit

If the keeper was as sh.t as you say he was we would have conceded 5 or 6 today. He had a tremendous game.
I've been on his back myself in the past (especially at the tail end of last season) but calling him out when he's had a good game is ridiculous.

Am talking about the season, not just this game. LEARN HOW TO READ!
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:52 pm

give mignolet credit today not his biggest fan but best player today not hard i know
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby LFC1990 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:38 pm

As poor as I've seen us.

For anyone to compare Enrique to Moreno is laughable

Enrique has only played in a couple of games but has been so Sh*t in all that I think we would have been better without him

Gerrard was marginally better today but still not good enough

Don't know where we go without sturridge but struggling against bottom of the league is just poor

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Santa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:44 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:30 pm wrote:

Am talking about the season, not just this game. LEARN HOW TO READ!

You called him sh.t when he plainly wasn't today and hasn't been for a while. Do try to keep up with what's actually happening on the pitch.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:56 pm

that was a shockingly inept display from every single one of that starting 11. yes we got 3 points but it feels like a loss and its even harder to see how they are going to turn it around for themselves.
we had can playing the holding role between the defenders in the first half and what changed ? absolutely nothing whatsoever. we still pussied it around sideways across the back and failed to control any of the midfield at all, we still got shredded numerous times. 2nd half not a lot better either until they tired.
nothing positive could be had from that at all  :no
fooking dog$h!te
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:22 pm

For the first time in my 42 years I actually had a twinge of guilt over watching my team win.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Mikz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 pm

We aew turning into a laughing stock ... unbelieveable comments on social media ... Soooooooo Embarrassing, Rogers saying itll take time for the new guys to blend in, but that doesnt explain how we have turned to dust all over the pitch.  Southamptons new players and the likes of swansea have bedded in already and so too at united , what really is the problem here .
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:04 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:00 pm wrote:

You're not wrong DD

Lets face it , any team, whatever their ranking, that just decides to have a go at us stands a chance of getting something out of the game. Where's the Liverpool that in the dying minutes of a game where able to comfortably just shut it all down ?

My feel is that in the interim we resort to a 3-5-2. Over compensate the defence with three CB, maintain a flooded midfield and provide Balotelli with a strike partner.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games