newcastle utd v LIVERPOOL  Sat 19th Oct 12.45

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Image        v           Image
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:19 pm

with those 2 big clashes away at arsenal and everton looming on the horizon next month it`s important that we dont take our eyes off the ball, newcastle and west brom are no mugs and we shouldnt assume that we have 6 points already in the bag.
our performance at st james park last season was probably the highlight of our campaign so no doubt they`ll be fired up for this game and wanting revenge, no team likes to get utterly humiliated in front of their own supporters so we should go into this game expecting them to be at our throats from the first whistle.
no doubt pardew will be pinning a few post game headlines/fans letters from the local paper to the dressing room notice board and showing the players clips of their apologies on tv after the game to remind them of just how bad they felt after their worst home defeat in a century.
they wont want a repeat of that again, especially in front of the nation on live telly, so we`ve got to be up for it.

re this season- they`ve had a patchy start but have managed wins against the likes of fulham, villa and cardiff and they were unlucky at goodison park recently when they came from 3 down to lose 3-2 (and have another effort hit the post and roll right along the goal line)

i expect this to be played at derby match pace and i think they`ll try to get stuck into us to show their fans that they havent forgotten last season. as it`s away from home and we are still missing coutinho and johnson i think i`d just go with the team that beat sunderland and just hope that the international games wont have taken too much out of gerrards legs.
if our midfield pulls it`s finger out and puts a shift in i expect us to edge a close encounter, 2-1 for us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 am

Something in me waters is telling me this is going to be a tricky one.

Who would you have in midfield Yakka?
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 am

If Johnson is fit I would play

Mignolet

Johnson
Toure
Agger
Enrique

Lucas
Henderson
Gerrard

Suarez
Sturridge
Sterling
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:49 am

Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:03 am wrote:Something in me waters is telling me this is going to be a tricky one.

Who would you have in midfield Yakka?

i`d go with gerrard and lucas with hendo in the wing back role a la the sunderland game mate.
hendo wasnt great at wing back but all in all it wasnt a bad team performance away from home against a fired up team with something to prove so i`d go with the same line up again.
once coutinho comes back i`d be tempted to put gerrard on the bench for away games and just fill the two DM spots with grafters like hendo and lucas to give the front four (suarez, sturridge, coutinho and moses) a solid defensive platform to play from.
i think this game is going to be tricky myself, it`s very rare to take a team the cleaners on their own ground in two successive seasons so the law of averages alone points to this being a testing fixture.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 pm

I think I'd like to see some of that Henderson energy in the middle of the park, personally Yakka - especially after the two internationals. But as you said it got a result at Sunderland so it could work here again.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:03 pm

I think it would probably be the same formation we saw against Sunderland, with Lucas getting back into the middle and Henderson back to RM.

Don't think much will change. It will be a very very tricky game, but we beat this lot 6-0 last season so let's have a go again! Going for a 1-0 win
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't think Lucas has been very good, and Hendo seemed to do the job better. I'd like to see how we lined up against crystal palace, with Johnson in if he's fit.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby redno7 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 am

I was looking forward to doing this match thread as I had a funny story about a Geordie bird, an antique dressing table and a roll of selotape.
ah well, maybe next year.

Newcastle 0 - 3 LFC (Sturridge, Suarez 2)
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby mkingdom » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:33 pm

I think Suarez and Sturridge will be too much for them to handle.

1-3, Sturridge 2, Suarez 1
mkingdom

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:24 pm

redno7 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 am wrote:I was looking forward to doing this match thread as I had a funny story about a Geordie bird, an antique dressing table and a roll of selotape.
ah well, maybe next year.

Newcastle 0 - 3 LFC (Sturridge, Suarez 2)

:laugh:

You do know that will be the most anticipated match thread next season .......you tease
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redno7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:22 am

I suppose I could tell it anyway next game and pretend I was in West Brom. at the time. ha ha
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Gerrard loves playing V newcastle so i would like to see him in a more advanced role, If Johnson is back that would be great. Can see us sticking to tha 3-5-2 formation

Mignolet
    Toure     Agger     Sakho

Johnson                              Enrique
                 Hendo     Lucas

Gerrard

Sturridge               Suarez

Have the option to bring on moses for a defender and turn into a 4-3-3 if needed.

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:40 pm

2nd away of the season for me. Looking forward to it.

If we defend well we will win, simple. Newcastle are a shambles defensively (Hull stuck 3 past them at St James' and Collocinni is out apparently) so going forward our movement should be too much for them imo.

3-1 to us.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JC_81 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Yep I'm going to this one too. Looking forward to it.

If we play anywhere near our best we'll have too much for them. But I do fear we might be due a stinker and they'll be up for it after their humiliation there last season.

Tricky one. I can't call it.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games